Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 279

post #4171 of 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

I don't currently have an er4p. My er4 is the permanent s version. But i would say the best eq for the p is to use an s adapter. Haha wink.gif then apply my eq to that. :-P

and what is xda? The developer conference thing? Wouldn't have been me...

Xda is the greatest phone romming site in existence.
post #4172 of 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

I don't currently have an er4p. My er4 is the permanent s version. But i would say the best eq for the p is to use an s adapter. Haha wink.gif then apply my eq to that. :-P

and what is xda? The developer conference thing? Wouldn't have been me...

Xda is the greatest phone romming site in existence.
Sorry, have i just declared my noobness? ;-) i still have a samsung flip phone. I'd be surprised if it played mp3s. Ha
post #4173 of 4767
Originally Posted by 2jono View Post
 

Having enjoyed the brilliant ER4P/S for many years , unfortunately the cable has thrown in the towel , most likely near the y splitter (Yes i have replaced the filters) which means i have only the faintest sound coming thru

 

So i assume i need a new cable , can anyone offer a suggestion on the options available ?

 

Very interested in others experience as i am sure i'm not the first er4p/s with this Cable problem

 

Thanks for any input )

Westone + ebay adapters is an excellent upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

Westone + ebay adapters is an excellent upgrade.


Do you have any information or experience regarding the Westone + ebay adapter as an upgrade on the stock er4s cable ?

post #4174 of 4767
Quote: 2jono (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jono View Post
 
Originally Posted by 2jono View Post
 

Having enjoyed the brilliant ER4P/S for many years , unfortunately the cable has thrown in the towel , most likely near the y splitter (Yes i have replaced the filters) which means i have only the faintest sound coming thru

 

So i assume i need a new cable , can anyone offer a suggestion on the options available ?

 

Very interested in others experience as i am sure i'm not the first er4p/s with this Cable problem

 

Thanks for any input )

Westone + ebay adapters is an excellent upgrade.


Do you have any information or experience regarding the Westone + ebay adapter as an upgrade on the stock er4s cable ?

 

Major problem with the Etymotic cable is microphonics.

post #4175 of 4767

It'd be good to know if anybody here has a replacement cable for the ER4 which can eliminate, if not reduce the microphonics by a good margin

post #4176 of 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jono View Post
 
Originally Posted by 2jono View Post
 

Having enjoyed the brilliant ER4P/S for many years , unfortunately the cable has thrown in the towel , most likely near the y splitter (Yes i have replaced the filters) which means i have only the faintest sound coming thru

 

So i assume i need a new cable , can anyone offer a suggestion on the options available ?

 

Very interested in others experience as i am sure i'm not the first er4p/s with this Cable problem

 

Thanks for any input )

Westone + ebay adapters is an excellent upgrade.


Do you have any information or experience regarding the Westone + ebay adapter as an upgrade on the stock er4s cable ?

 

I use the Westone + adapters setup and it is way nicer then stock.  It is an over the ear setup though so you get no microphonics at all.  Having said that if you are looking for a OEM replacement cable I wouldn't mind selling mine.  It is in perfect new condition. PM me.

post #4177 of 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


Sorry, have i just declared my noobness? ;-) i still have a samsung flip phone. I'd be surprised if it played mp3s. Ha
 

 

 

Oh too bad... I guess I try to do one myself seen differences in the graphs...I thought it was you I guess I mixed the nicknames... but the guy was talking about audio too lol


Edited by LibiSC - 3/23/14 at 10:34am
post #4178 of 4767

For those who are deciding between the S and PT version. P to S adaptor on the PT model has a smaller mini-jack like those found on the hf and mc series. This makes it useable for devices with recessed inputs. Something to think about if you will be using the er4 with a smartphone.

post #4179 of 4767

What can one use to get into those recessed inputs, say of the cell phones if using the older style plug? Is there some kind of adapter available like 3.5m Female to male in one plug?

post #4180 of 4767

any cable extender that has a small enough jack. my favorite is the small shure cable that came with the se530. Its only 9in long and has perfect jack for recessed inputs. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EAC9BK-Earphone-Extension-Cable/dp/B0011ADHL2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1395757319&sr=8-9&keywords=shure+cable


Edited by kameltow83 - 3/25/14 at 7:52am
post #4181 of 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by kameltow83 View Post
 

any cable extender that has a small enough jack. my favorite is the small shure cable that came with the se530. Its only 9in long and has perfect jack for recessed inputs. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EAC9BK-Earphone-Extension-Cable/dp/B0011ADHL2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1395757319&sr=8-9&keywords=shure+cable

 

Thanks for that, looks like it can do the trick. I was wondering if  however there was one without the cable only the adapter? 

post #4182 of 4767

How about a neutrik nys231? Are those decent for recessed jacks? I've never had any issues so I don't know which are better than others in that regard. 

post #4183 of 4767

I got a question about the ER4S. I ordered one, hoping to get the braided cable with less microphonics. That was what the picture showed. But what arrived was the box with the picture on the outside with the older cable. Is there any chance that the ER4S has the braided cable inside? I don't want to open it if I'm just returning it. When you've all purchased the ER4S w/ the braided cable (as pictured below), what packaging did it come in? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIcuK1JW31_1IlzxnYBv9f2MUE24PQOTazdlKSbwFMMToUGCxJ 

This is the box that came to me (no braided upper cable pictured.): 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNzIL_WQwPoH5tbNgKNcGU6NcMzwFQY6H5kGKsnqbfzmz43E_0


Edited by imackler - 3/26/14 at 12:07pm
post #4184 of 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

I got a question about the ER4S. I ordered one, hoping to get the braided cable with less microphonics. That was what the picture showed. But what arrived was the box with the picture on the outside with the older cable. Is there any chance that the ER4S has the braided cable inside? I don't want to open it if I'm just returning it. When you've all purchased the ER4S w/ the braided cable (as pictured below), what packaging did it come in? 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIcuK1JW31_1IlzxnYBv9f2MUE24PQOTazdlKSbwFMMToUGCxJ 
This is the box that came to me (no braided upper cable pictured.): 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNzIL_WQwPoH5tbNgKNcGU6NcMzwFQY6H5kGKsnqbfzmz43E_0

Where did you order from? I'd say it's very likely the older blue red version inside. I ordered from Etymotic, and received the same box with the older cable. I opened it though, and still had no issue swapping for the new cable through Etymotic.
post #4185 of 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

I got a question about the ER4S. I ordered one, hoping to get the braided cable with less microphonics. That was what the picture showed. But what arrived was the box with the picture on the outside with the older cable. Is there any chance that the ER4S has the braided cable inside? I don't want to open it if I'm just returning it. When you've all purchased the ER4S w/ the braided cable (as pictured below), what packaging did it come in? 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIcuK1JW31_1IlzxnYBv9f2MUE24PQOTazdlKSbwFMMToUGCxJ 
This is the box that came to me (no braided upper cable pictured.): 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNzIL_WQwPoH5tbNgKNcGU6NcMzwFQY6H5kGKsnqbfzmz43E_0

Where did you order from? I'd say it's very likely the older blue red version inside. I ordered from Etymotic, and received the same box with the older cable. I opened it though, and still had no issue swapping for the new cable through Etymotic.

 

Not sure if the box has changed or not, but I have the red/blue version and that is my box. I don't have a green y-split, mine is grey, but otherwise it is the old cable. I actually prefer it, but some say the new cable is just a bit better with cable noise...

 

 

And here is my cable.

 


Edited by luisdent - 3/26/14 at 1:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...