So I'm searching to match a 70 db volume.... I have an etymotic er4s with 100 ohm impedance and 100 db per 1 mW. I'm using a fiio e07k with 220 mW@32Ω and, 250 mW@16Ω... I'm using gain of 6 dB (2X) and i'm asuming 2.7 V for the e07k before the gain. So without gain it will 118.62 db max loudness and with gain 124.6434 db...Is this correct? With gain of 6 dB is just multiply 2.7x2=5.4 as new max ouput from the amp? Since the e07k has 60 levels for volume i'm just using proportions to match the desired decibels... but when using equivalents for 70 dB with and without gain it doesn't sound equal... Any help will be apreciated
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sealed HiFiMan Re-400 and Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable Last post on 2/15/15 at 9:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 272
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree - I just got the JHA Roxanne. After sending it back for a refit, I started using the ER4S. I exepected to be let down, but I was still blown away by the detail and linearity. Its still the best bang for your buck out there.
Got an email for the repair on Friday:
Evaluation Notes - Left pod(264) stem is broken at tip.
Our Service Technician recommends replacing the transducers on this unit (new receivers, filters, and eartips). All components are new. The cost to complete this repair is $85+ shipping.
And they are already on there way back to me!
Can the Roxanne, with bass turned down, get as close to neutral as the ER-4S? How does its treble sound in comparison?
Edited by robm321 - 3/10/14 at 5:08pm
Relatively easy test to pass, albeit spending some time and effort and then we will all know what "our" fundamental base is or where we are coming from... weaknesses vs. strength, maybe none at all..
Edited by Jupiterknight - 3/10/14 at 9:53pm
I'm so distraught that I hesitated on these for so long. Whoever says these don't have enough bass is crazy! It has an adequate amount when deep in enough, but it never bleeds into the mids. I can hear everything, it all sounds so crystalline!
TL;DR: I'm in love.
Also, with a 75 ohm adapter, these things are little power hogs aren't they?
would be nice if those ebay adapters came in various resistances. I would choose 50ohm instead of 100 and get a bit of a compromise in linearity vs power output. I really hate carrying around a portable amp.
Has anyone tried the E12DIY w/ the ER4S? I'm currently debating between that and the C5. Doesn't seen like there are a lot of options between 100-300 to consider that can match up the ER4S' ability to retrieve detail and their neutrality.
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 9 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 19 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 47 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 59 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested! 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2