So I'm searching to match a 70 db volume.... I have an etymotic er4s with 100 ohm impedance and 100 db per 1 mW. I'm using a fiio e07k with 220 mW@32Ω and, 250 mW@16Ω... I'm using gain of 6 dB (2X) and i'm asuming 2.7 V for the e07k before the gain. So without gain it will 118.62 db max loudness and with gain 124.6434 db...Is this correct? With gain of 6 dB is just multiply 2.7x2=5.4 as new max ouput from the amp? Since the e07k has 60 levels for volume i'm just using proportions to match the desired decibels... but when using equivalents for 70 dB with and without gain it doesn't sound equal... Any help will be apreciated
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 9/20/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Etymotic ER4-PT, Musical Fidelity EB50 comparison? Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 3/11/14 at 3:50pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 272
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree - I just got the JHA Roxanne. After sending it back for a refit, I started using the ER4S. I exepected to be let down, but I was still blown away by the detail and linearity. Its still the best bang for your buck out there.
Got an email for the repair on Friday:
Evaluation Notes - Left pod(264) stem is broken at tip.
Our Service Technician recommends replacing the transducers on this unit (new receivers, filters, and eartips). All components are new. The cost to complete this repair is $85+ shipping.
And they are already on there way back to me!
Can the Roxanne, with bass turned down, get as close to neutral as the ER-4S? How does its treble sound in comparison?
Edited by robm321 - 3/10/14 at 5:08pm
Relatively easy test to pass, albeit spending some time and effort and then we will all know what "our" fundamental base is or where we are coming from... weaknesses vs. strength, maybe none at all..
Edited by Jupiterknight - 3/10/14 at 9:53pm
I'm so distraught that I hesitated on these for so long. Whoever says these don't have enough bass is crazy! It has an adequate amount when deep in enough, but it never bleeds into the mids. I can hear everything, it all sounds so crystalline!
TL;DR: I'm in love.
Also, with a 75 ohm adapter, these things are little power hogs aren't they?
would be nice if those ebay adapters came in various resistances. I would choose 50ohm instead of 100 and get a bit of a compromise in linearity vs power output. I really hate carrying around a portable amp.
Has anyone tried the E12DIY w/ the ER4S? I'm currently debating between that and the C5. Doesn't seen like there are a lot of options between 100-300 to consider that can match up the ER4S' ability to retrieve detail and their neutrality.
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › AWEI headphones 3 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Headphonews for $100 + sound card? - listening Linkin Park,... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Audio-gd Dac-19SE (2xBB PCM1704K + PMD100) 230V version 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 as new 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)