So I'm searching to match a 70 db volume.... I have an etymotic er4s with 100 ohm impedance and 100 db per 1 mW. I'm using a fiio e07k with 220 mW@32Ω and, 250 mW@16Ω... I'm using gain of 6 dB (2X) and i'm asuming 2.7 V for the e07k before the gain. So without gain it will 118.62 db max loudness and with gain 124.6434 db...Is this correct? With gain of 6 dB is just multiply 2.7x2=5.4 as new max ouput from the amp? Since the e07k has 60 levels for volume i'm just using proportions to match the desired decibels... but when using equivalents for 70 dB with and without gain it doesn't sound equal... Any help will be apreciated
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 2/7/14 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 2/2/14 at 12:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/21/13 at 9:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4 S vs ER 4 PT Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 272
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4067 of 40753/7/14 at 6:15pmpost #4068 of 40753/10/14 at 4:18ampost #4069 of 40753/10/14 at 8:07amThe way ER4S keep coming back to surprise me is quite rare amoung all the IEMs I've owned. This pair have paid for themselves 100 fold on an enjoyment level since I picked them up second hand. They aren't necessarily the best sounding IEM I own though certainly the most consistent.post #4070 of 40753/10/14 at 11:23am
I agree - I just got the JHA Roxanne. After sending it back for a refit, I started using the ER4S. I exepected to be let down, but I was still blown away by the detail and linearity. Its still the best bang for your buck out there.post #4071 of 40753/10/14 at 2:23pm
Got an email for the repair on Friday:
Evaluation Notes - Left pod(264) stem is broken at tip.
Our Service Technician recommends replacing the transducers on this unit (new receivers, filters, and eartips). All components are new. The cost to complete this repair is $85+ shipping.
And they are already on there way back to me!post #4072 of 40753/10/14 at 4:03pmQuote:
Can the Roxanne, with bass turned down, get as close to neutral as the ER-4S? How does its treble sound in comparison?post #4073 of 40753/10/14 at 5:05pmNot really. The ER4S is more neutral. The Roxanne's have a "thicker", warmer sound overall. The treble is different. It's a bit laid back on the Roxanne's but also extended.
Edited by robm321 - Today at 5:08 pmpost #4074 of 40753/10/14 at 6:59pmI've tried the JH13 Pro universal demo and it has a thicker sound too but has good high frequency extension. The bass frequency has a very good impact. ER4S seems to have a flatter response though, even with a lesser impact on the bass. It sounds less accentuated at the bottom end.post #4075 of 40753/10/14 at 9:43pm
Relatively easy test to pass, albeit spending some time and effort and then we will all know what "our" fundamental base is or where we are coming from... weaknesses vs. strength, maybe none at all..
Edited by Jupiterknight - Today at 9:53 pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Oyaide HPC-LL Portable Player-Headphone Amplifier Cable 0.15m ~ NEW 15 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 34 seconds ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DT880 dac help 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 8 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 9 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude