The warranty (or lack of one) on the replaced item surprised me a bit too. She said that the warranty was for two years from the date of original purchase. I hope the replacement (that they still consider an out of warranty repair) works properly, but even if it doesn't I don't expect any difficulty getting any issue resolved with Etymotic.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable - SALE PENDING to countolaf Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:13am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 263
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could buy all the accessories for not much more. :-) you must stll have yours too though anyway right? :-o
Certianly hear a difference with ER4S between 16bit and 24bit, they're detail monsters.
plz not the 16 vs 24bit troll again. most of the differences are due to different masterings not to 8more bits of silence.
but yeah the er4 is a detail monster, that is very true.
Its difficult to get a picture in my mind about the level of detail these iems have, not being able to demo then myself. I wasn't intending my post as a troll.
Once my ears gets used to the er4s sound, every other iems/headphones sound so much coloured it is not even funny. I can almost visualize the peaks and valleys in their frequency response relative to the flat er4s.
I have tried/owned many iems so far and nothing can compete in terms of clarity/cohesiveness/resolution with er4s. The only iem which did better was the NT6 pro demo, but that's a different level of playing field altogether, right?
I also seem to be the odd one out in that I find the triple flange fit quite well fitting and comfortable enough for really long stretches of listening periods :-)
As reference i mix and master music. I've done a lot of resampling. The biggest improvement is during the recording process and even then it is small.
Regarding flatness once i'm used to my eq setting the er4s sounds colored ;-). At least in that it lacks sub bass a bit and a bit of openness. I can't go back. Ha. But it's the flattest thing out there which is why eq works so well with it.,,
Edited by luisdent - 2/14/14 at 6:48pm
I decided to try the 'slim' comply P tips, since the medium where still a little uncomfortable after a while. Finally a comfortable fit with the best sound possible. With these tips they almost disappear (in sight and comfort).
slim comply P's, wearing down, using the shirt clip, a little EQ- finally satisfaction.
Edited by shotgunshane - 2/15/14 at 9:11am
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sabre DAC static help 2 minutes ago
- › Flagship Fostex TH900 - Available to USA only 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GS1000i - to me or not for me 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 7 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 9 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2