The warranty (or lack of one) on the replaced item surprised me a bit too. She said that the warranty was for two years from the date of original purchase. I hope the replacement (that they still consider an out of warranty repair) works properly, but even if it doesn't I don't expect any difficulty getting any issue resolved with Etymotic.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable - SALE PENDING to countolaf Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:13am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 263
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could buy all the accessories for not much more. :-) you must stll have yours too though anyway right? :-o
Certianly hear a difference with ER4S between 16bit and 24bit, they're detail monsters.
plz not the 16 vs 24bit troll again. most of the differences are due to different masterings not to 8more bits of silence.
but yeah the er4 is a detail monster, that is very true.
Its difficult to get a picture in my mind about the level of detail these iems have, not being able to demo then myself. I wasn't intending my post as a troll.
Once my ears gets used to the er4s sound, every other iems/headphones sound so much coloured it is not even funny. I can almost visualize the peaks and valleys in their frequency response relative to the flat er4s.
I have tried/owned many iems so far and nothing can compete in terms of clarity/cohesiveness/resolution with er4s. The only iem which did better was the NT6 pro demo, but that's a different level of playing field altogether, right?
I also seem to be the odd one out in that I find the triple flange fit quite well fitting and comfortable enough for really long stretches of listening periods :-)
As reference i mix and master music. I've done a lot of resampling. The biggest improvement is during the recording process and even then it is small.
Regarding flatness once i'm used to my eq setting the er4s sounds colored ;-). At least in that it lacks sub bass a bit and a bit of openness. I can't go back. Ha. But it's the flattest thing out there which is why eq works so well with it.,,
Edited by luisdent - 2/14/14 at 6:48pm
I decided to try the 'slim' comply P tips, since the medium where still a little uncomfortable after a while. Finally a comfortable fit with the best sound possible. With these tips they almost disappear (in sight and comfort).
slim comply P's, wearing down, using the shirt clip, a little EQ- finally satisfaction.
Edited by shotgunshane - 2/15/14 at 9:11am
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 45 seconds ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 45 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 6 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3