The warranty (or lack of one) on the replaced item surprised me a bit too. She said that the warranty was for two years from the date of original purchase. I hope the replacement (that they still consider an out of warranty repair) works properly, but even if it doesn't I don't expect any difficulty getting any issue resolved with Etymotic.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable - SALE PENDING to countolaf Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:13am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
This review is for AKG by Harman Y50’s INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. I don’t...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 263
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could buy all the accessories for not much more. :-) you must stll have yours too though anyway right? :-o
Certianly hear a difference with ER4S between 16bit and 24bit, they're detail monsters.
plz not the 16 vs 24bit troll again. most of the differences are due to different masterings not to 8more bits of silence.
but yeah the er4 is a detail monster, that is very true.
Its difficult to get a picture in my mind about the level of detail these iems have, not being able to demo then myself. I wasn't intending my post as a troll.
Once my ears gets used to the er4s sound, every other iems/headphones sound so much coloured it is not even funny. I can almost visualize the peaks and valleys in their frequency response relative to the flat er4s.
I have tried/owned many iems so far and nothing can compete in terms of clarity/cohesiveness/resolution with er4s. The only iem which did better was the NT6 pro demo, but that's a different level of playing field altogether, right?
I also seem to be the odd one out in that I find the triple flange fit quite well fitting and comfortable enough for really long stretches of listening periods :-)
As reference i mix and master music. I've done a lot of resampling. The biggest improvement is during the recording process and even then it is small.
Regarding flatness once i'm used to my eq setting the er4s sounds colored ;-). At least in that it lacks sub bass a bit and a bit of openness. I can't go back. Ha. But it's the flattest thing out there which is why eq works so well with it.,,
Edited by luisdent - 2/14/14 at 6:48pm
I decided to try the 'slim' comply P tips, since the medium where still a little uncomfortable after a while. Finally a comfortable fit with the best sound possible. With these tips they almost disappear (in sight and comfort).
slim comply P's, wearing down, using the shirt clip, a little EQ- finally satisfaction.
Edited by shotgunshane - 2/15/14 at 9:11am
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › cables are placebo 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › VOX: Mac OSX Music Player 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › RSA HR-2 (Ray Samuels Audio) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › Adam Audio A5X Powered Studio Monitor (5.5 inch, 100 watts) by rfox
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)