Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 152

post #2266 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


Isn't that why we join these forums? :-P

 

Ah, but these were non-audio related purchases. One of them was a big bottle of Lacoste Pour Homme, because the original bottle my dad gave me about 5 years ago has run out...just after spending $20,000 in tuition for the semester.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

 

You just bought them!

 

I know, and they served their purpose so well. I didn't even hear the plane engine.

post #2267 of 4586
Ah, no Raptor for me. No room to kick back and listen to my Etys!

Here's a pic of my work office rig I took today for another thread. Parasound zcustom equipment, with my integrated iPod. Speakers for when I don't care about noise for the neighbor offices, which is most of the time

bu6abetu.jpg
post #2268 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildblue View Post

Ah, no Raptor for me. No room to kick back and listen to my Etys!

Here's a pic of my work office rig I took today for another thread. Parasound zcustom equipment, with my integrated iPod. Speakers for when I don't care about noise for the neighbor offices, which is most of the time

bu6abetu.jpg

 

Those are sexy little rack mounted devices.  I like.

post #2269 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

Those are sexy little rack mounted devices.  I like.

 

+1

 

I want to know which CD's those are sitting on the desk...

 

BTW, I'm a retired Army pilot - thus my curiosity about what you fly... smile.gif

post #2270 of 4586

sorry guys, i was away for a bit coincidentally with the payment stage, my bad... just paid ;)

post #2271 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

 

+1

 

I want to know which CD's those are sitting on the desk...

 

BTW, I'm a retired Army pilot - thus my curiosity about what you fly... smile.gif

:)

 

Those particular CD's are "Guitars" by Mike Oldfield, an interesting album that was recommended to me, "Beyond the Desert" by Dave Beegle, who is one of my all-time favorite guitarists and I LOVE his work, despite him being a small-market Colorado unknown, and "Red" by Sammy Hagar, which was a recent acquisition.  Playing on the iPod there is "La Luna" by Sarah Brightman.

 

I fly C-17's.

post #2272 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildblue View Post

smily_headphones1.gif

Those particular CD's are "Guitars" by Mike Oldfield, an interesting album that was recommended to me, "Beyond the Desert" by Dave Beegle, who is one of my all-time favorite guitarists and I LOVE his work, despite him being a small-market Colorado unknown, and "Red" by Sammy Hagar, which was a recent acquisition.  Playing on the iPod there is "La Luna" by Sarah Brightman.

I fly C-17's.

Tubular Bells is one of my favorite all time albums. I have never heard Guitars, but will check it out!

Do you use the "Husky" call sign? I hear C-17 pilots using it when they come in and out of TCM.
post #2273 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


Tubular Bells is one of my favorite all time albums. I have never heard Guitars, but will check it out!

Do you use the "Husky" call sign? I hear C-17 pilots using it when they come in and out of TCM.

 

Yeah, "Guitars" was recommended by a guy that's a big Mike Oldfield fan.  Supposedly, every sound on the album is made by a guitar, including the percussive beats.  I think it's interesting.  I have "Tubular Bells" on hi-rez audio, DVD-A I think.

 

I used to be stationed at TCM.  The Husky call sign is a local trainer flight there, specific to TCM, so yeah, I used to use it. 

post #2274 of 4586
Nice! It's not on MOG so I'll have to pony up and buy "Guitars."

Makes sense about the Call Sign - I hear it often so obviously they are local.

Fly safe
Edited by palmfish - 8/25/13 at 8:35am
post #2275 of 4586

Payments received.  Order Placed. :-)

 

 


Edited by luisdent - 8/25/13 at 12:18pm
post #2276 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-i View Post

Call me old-school but I still use a Sony CD walkman (D-EJ2000) for a portable.  I like listening to whole CD's and the quality is better than any mp3 player I've heard.  It has a dedicated like out and an optical digital out for an external DAC, which I have yet to try.   I bought it for $100 new, now one can buy a good CD walkman for $10!  How much dough is one willing to spend on a portable rig nowadays?

 

ps -  A small notebook PC makes a fabulous sourse too.

 

Old school is good
post #2277 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

Nice! It's not on MOG so I'll have to pony up and buy "Guitars."

Makes sense about the Call Sign - I hear it often so obviously they are local.

Fly safe

 

I'm a huge Mike Oldfield fan. If you like Tubular Bells then Tubular Bells 2 and Amarok will suit you. If you want to see the different directions he has gone in then try Platinum, Five Miles Out, QE2 or Crises. There's so much material out there he has never stopped recording since the early 70s
post #2278 of 4586

Anyone here not satisfied with their ER 4? etysmile.gif

 

If so, I would like to trade you with something equal or greater in value... the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10

post #2279 of 4586
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

Anyone here not satisfied with their ER 4? etysmile.gif

 

If so, I would like to trade you with something equal or greater in value... the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10

 

Define "value".  ;) hahahaha

post #2280 of 4586

.


Edited by Mormonsloot - 9/3/13 at 1:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...