try changing the filters, that could also become clogged, dulling the sound Pacman.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/14/13 at 10:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4 S vs ER 4 PT Last post on 11/19/13 at 9:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Christmas gift for sister who wants best headphones for air travel - getting her Bose QC15 and... Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade cables for Etymotic ER-4PT? Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:55am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- What Schitt Amp to use with Etymotic ER 4S Last post on 10/27/13 at 5:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 87post #1291 of 34295/2/13 at 9:08pmpost #1292 of 34295/2/13 at 9:47pmpost #1293 of 34295/3/13 at 6:37pmpost #1294 of 34295/3/13 at 7:23pm
I have friends whom I haven't seen in a long time telling me that my ears looks much bigger than they used to. I blame it on the triple flangers..
Edited by Jupiterknight - 5/3/13 at 7:26pmpost #1295 of 34295/4/13 at 12:03amQuote:
The material is such that those triples (or my doubles) mold themselves somewhat to the shape of your ear canal over time. This is actually desirable!!!! I can literally sleep with these in my ears; and when I wake up, they're still comfortable. Of course, the drawback is that they slip out of your ears more easily, as there is less pressure, thus friction, against your ears.post #1296 of 34295/4/13 at 4:30amI must have weird ears cause to get a really good seal I have to push them in deep..and I mean deep lol..so when the tips are new they will hurt really far inside..almost Like having a ear ache..the pain goes away as soon as I take them out of course but I need to push them that deep to get that seal where I can't hear anything outside..the bass comes in full and deep that way..but once they start softening up they don't hurt anymore usually takes about a week to do this..but it's well worth it for this sound..when I used baby oil to soften them up. That work great but after a short period they got softer and softer u think..I think that's why they were starting to sound warm with not very much detail..but I was getting that amazing seal.I thought maybe the filters were dirty so u changed them but still muddy and less detail..once I put new tips on them they opened up and I had it all back..the detail and the sound I love..post #1297 of 34295/4/13 at 7:18am
I also have problems with seal, to obtain a good seal for me is also to push the triples in very deep. Yes it hurts like having a major earache....That's OK because the sound is great, but what bothers me is while taking them out, They become stuck in my ears then I have to take them out with tweezers....Now I do take it very easy trying to remove them but the older more comfy triples I have just become dislodged in my ears....Does anyone else have this problem?post #1298 of 34295/4/13 at 8:48amWow no not me..I make sure I wet them with my mouth before inserting them..never had them come off the stems..I've had other brands do that but not the etys..and yes it's with the sound for a little bit of pain..they are imo the best sounding ones that I own..and I own the 535s with three drivers and I think these put them to shame really..the only ones that I have that come close are the ortofon eq5.. I really want to try the eq7s.Quote:Originally Posted by maguire
I also have problems with seal, to obtain a good seal for me is also to push the triples in very deep. Yes it hurts like having a major earache....That's OK because the sound is great, but what bothers me is while taking them out, They become stuck in my ears then I have to take them out with tweezers....Now I do take it very easy trying to remove them but the older more comfy triples I have just become dislodged in my ears....Does anyone else have this problem?post #1299 of 34295/4/13 at 9:27ampost #1300 of 34295/4/13 at 10:51ampost #1301 of 34295/4/13 at 10:56amMy girl friend and pretty much everyone else I think thinks I'm nuts lol cause I probably wear these 7-10 hours at least a day..every day.lol just can't get enough ..I'm always hear different things in the music I listen to and always trying to listen for different things..post #1302 of 34295/5/13 at 11:52ampost #1303 of 34295/5/13 at 1:23pmpost #1304 of 34295/5/13 at 8:33pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Question about tube amps 27 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 39 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 50 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Looking for recommendations for a new headphone 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 2 minutes ago
- › Best music while stoned? 3 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe