- 4,429 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable Last post on 2/15/15 at 9:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a broken pair of HF5s. This is the second pair that has broken, a bit disappointed because I love the sound. However, I'm seriously considering sending them back and having them replaced with the ER4. I can get the ER4 for $180 that way!
"It is not necessary to re-purchase the same earphone or headset product you currently own."
They have a removable cable and you can use an adapter like this one and fit any cable with a Westone type of plug to it.
I've used this adapter (S vesion) with the Moon Audio iem Silver Dragon cables.
1st, The adapter had to be filed down quite a bit so that the sharp corners and edges did not poke my ear (my etys insert very deep).
2nd, The iem Silver Dragon cables that I mated with the adapters were just too bright with the oem (green) filter (for me). I have experimented with all of the filter from green on down, and have found that my ideal combination is the Ety4, S cable adapter, iem Silver Dragon cable, Orange filter and Comply T-100 foamies.
Without the Silver Dragon cable, the Orange filter was too bassy and recessed treble. The iem Silver Dragon restored the upper ranges to very pleasant and enjoyable levels, though, I have sacrificed some of the stock 4S airyness for the full and substantial bass that the Orange filter allows.
I also prefer to mate this combination with the ALO Continental V2 for it's added tubey midrange warmth.
Thank you for your answers guys. It appears getting another aftermarket cable requires a rather tedious process of filter matching and filing...
How does one order a cable from Etymotic themselves, as they have not got anything on their website....That I can see anyway? Maybe I'm missing it somewhere?
I cant see why I would have to ship them to the States just so as to put a new cable on?
Taking them off is tricky although requiring a deal of patience. slowly prying them off reveals 2 pins one slightly larger than the other fitting the exact same on the holes on ER4.
I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.
The info you need is here.
Did you read the filter mod thread? The red filters attenuate the upper mids and treble by about 1dB, and the orange filters a bit more. The effect is slight, and most iems and even top tier customs have a much larger "suckout." Also, looking at the graphs of the different filters I don't see anything I could describe as "jumpy." What are you referring to?
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › HD 600 vs HD 650 54 seconds ago
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 6 minutes ago
- › VERTO box & LUMINARE amp, by AudioValve 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2