- 4,451 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable - SALE PENDING to countolaf Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:13am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a broken pair of HF5s. This is the second pair that has broken, a bit disappointed because I love the sound. However, I'm seriously considering sending them back and having them replaced with the ER4. I can get the ER4 for $180 that way!
"It is not necessary to re-purchase the same earphone or headset product you currently own."
They have a removable cable and you can use an adapter like this one and fit any cable with a Westone type of plug to it.
I've used this adapter (S vesion) with the Moon Audio iem Silver Dragon cables.
1st, The adapter had to be filed down quite a bit so that the sharp corners and edges did not poke my ear (my etys insert very deep).
2nd, The iem Silver Dragon cables that I mated with the adapters were just too bright with the oem (green) filter (for me). I have experimented with all of the filter from green on down, and have found that my ideal combination is the Ety4, S cable adapter, iem Silver Dragon cable, Orange filter and Comply T-100 foamies.
Without the Silver Dragon cable, the Orange filter was too bassy and recessed treble. The iem Silver Dragon restored the upper ranges to very pleasant and enjoyable levels, though, I have sacrificed some of the stock 4S airyness for the full and substantial bass that the Orange filter allows.
I also prefer to mate this combination with the ALO Continental V2 for it's added tubey midrange warmth.
Thank you for your answers guys. It appears getting another aftermarket cable requires a rather tedious process of filter matching and filing...
How does one order a cable from Etymotic themselves, as they have not got anything on their website....That I can see anyway? Maybe I'm missing it somewhere?
I cant see why I would have to ship them to the States just so as to put a new cable on?
Taking them off is tricky although requiring a deal of patience. slowly prying them off reveals 2 pins one slightly larger than the other fitting the exact same on the holes on ER4.
I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.
The info you need is here.
Did you read the filter mod thread? The red filters attenuate the upper mids and treble by about 1dB, and the orange filters a bit more. The effect is slight, and most iems and even top tier customs have a much larger "suckout." Also, looking at the graphs of the different filters I don't see anything I could describe as "jumpy." What are you referring to?
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 18 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 48 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER & TIMBUK2 Promotion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)