- 4,423 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worth getting used Aurisonics ASG-2.5 or buy a new mid price IEM? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worth getting used Aurisonics ASG-2.5 or buy a new mid price IEM? Last post on 12/30/14 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best mid price in ear headphones Last post on 12/27/14 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there IEMs that can match full size headphones Last post on 12/14/14 at 10:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a broken pair of HF5s. This is the second pair that has broken, a bit disappointed because I love the sound. However, I'm seriously considering sending them back and having them replaced with the ER4. I can get the ER4 for $180 that way!
"It is not necessary to re-purchase the same earphone or headset product you currently own."
They have a removable cable and you can use an adapter like this one and fit any cable with a Westone type of plug to it.
I've used this adapter (S vesion) with the Moon Audio iem Silver Dragon cables.
1st, The adapter had to be filed down quite a bit so that the sharp corners and edges did not poke my ear (my etys insert very deep).
2nd, The iem Silver Dragon cables that I mated with the adapters were just too bright with the oem (green) filter (for me). I have experimented with all of the filter from green on down, and have found that my ideal combination is the Ety4, S cable adapter, iem Silver Dragon cable, Orange filter and Comply T-100 foamies.
Without the Silver Dragon cable, the Orange filter was too bassy and recessed treble. The iem Silver Dragon restored the upper ranges to very pleasant and enjoyable levels, though, I have sacrificed some of the stock 4S airyness for the full and substantial bass that the Orange filter allows.
I also prefer to mate this combination with the ALO Continental V2 for it's added tubey midrange warmth.
Thank you for your answers guys. It appears getting another aftermarket cable requires a rather tedious process of filter matching and filing...
How does one order a cable from Etymotic themselves, as they have not got anything on their website....That I can see anyway? Maybe I'm missing it somewhere?
I cant see why I would have to ship them to the States just so as to put a new cable on?
Taking them off is tricky although requiring a deal of patience. slowly prying them off reveals 2 pins one slightly larger than the other fitting the exact same on the holes on ER4.
I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.
The info you need is here.
Did you read the filter mod thread? The red filters attenuate the upper mids and treble by about 1dB, and the orange filters a bit more. The effect is slight, and most iems and even top tier customs have a much larger "suckout." Also, looking at the graphs of the different filters I don't see anything I could describe as "jumpy." What are you referring to?
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › Need help buying over ear headphones 13 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 26 seconds ago
- › HM-901 44 seconds ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 3 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › oppo105D headphone jack 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › beyer dt770, 880, 990 replacement pad/cushion--softskin, gel,... 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3