- 4,366 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Etymotic ER4-PT, Musical Fidelity EB50 comparison? Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 3/11/14 at 3:50pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/21/13 at 9:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a broken pair of HF5s. This is the second pair that has broken, a bit disappointed because I love the sound. However, I'm seriously considering sending them back and having them replaced with the ER4. I can get the ER4 for $180 that way!
"It is not necessary to re-purchase the same earphone or headset product you currently own."
They have a removable cable and you can use an adapter like this one and fit any cable with a Westone type of plug to it.
I've used this adapter (S vesion) with the Moon Audio iem Silver Dragon cables.
1st, The adapter had to be filed down quite a bit so that the sharp corners and edges did not poke my ear (my etys insert very deep).
2nd, The iem Silver Dragon cables that I mated with the adapters were just too bright with the oem (green) filter (for me). I have experimented with all of the filter from green on down, and have found that my ideal combination is the Ety4, S cable adapter, iem Silver Dragon cable, Orange filter and Comply T-100 foamies.
Without the Silver Dragon cable, the Orange filter was too bassy and recessed treble. The iem Silver Dragon restored the upper ranges to very pleasant and enjoyable levels, though, I have sacrificed some of the stock 4S airyness for the full and substantial bass that the Orange filter allows.
I also prefer to mate this combination with the ALO Continental V2 for it's added tubey midrange warmth.
Thank you for your answers guys. It appears getting another aftermarket cable requires a rather tedious process of filter matching and filing...
How does one order a cable from Etymotic themselves, as they have not got anything on their website....That I can see anyway? Maybe I'm missing it somewhere?
I cant see why I would have to ship them to the States just so as to put a new cable on?
Taking them off is tricky although requiring a deal of patience. slowly prying them off reveals 2 pins one slightly larger than the other fitting the exact same on the holes on ER4.
I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.
The info you need is here.
Did you read the filter mod thread? The red filters attenuate the upper mids and treble by about 1dB, and the orange filters a bit more. The effect is slight, and most iems and even top tier customs have a much larger "suckout." Also, looking at the graphs of the different filters I don't see anything I could describe as "jumpy." What are you referring to?
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › HM-901 7 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Studio Monitors- Soundcard 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)