- 4,330 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 2/7/14 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 2/2/14 at 12:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/21/13 at 9:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4 S vs ER 4 PT Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 85post #1261 of 40764/13/13 at 12:13pmThe ER4's are much tougher build than the other IEM's they make, also your getting something made in the US to much more exacting standards in terms of driver matching.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1262 of 40764/13/13 at 1:00pmI have or should say the hf2 ..I by accident ran them over with a vacuum lol so they no longer work lol but when they did work they sounded great and I mmiss them now..I should maybe see if I can have them reshelled??Quote:Originally Posted by sheldonkreger
I have a broken pair of HF5s. This is the second pair that has broken, a bit disappointed because I love the sound. However, I'm seriously considering sending them back and having them replaced with the ER4. I can get the ER4 for $180 that way!
"It is not necessary to re-purchase the same earphone or headset product you currently own."
-sheldonpost #1263 of 40764/28/13 at 6:46ampost #1264 of 40764/28/13 at 7:40am
They have a removable cable and you can use an adapter like this one and fit any cable with a Westone type of plug to it.post #1265 of 40764/28/13 at 6:03pm
I've used this adapter (S vesion) with the Moon Audio iem Silver Dragon cables.
1st, The adapter had to be filed down quite a bit so that the sharp corners and edges did not poke my ear (my etys insert very deep).
2nd, The iem Silver Dragon cables that I mated with the adapters were just too bright with the oem (green) filter (for me). I have experimented with all of the filter from green on down, and have found that my ideal combination is the Ety4, S cable adapter, iem Silver Dragon cable, Orange filter and Comply T-100 foamies.
Without the Silver Dragon cable, the Orange filter was too bassy and recessed treble. The iem Silver Dragon restored the upper ranges to very pleasant and enjoyable levels, though, I have sacrificed some of the stock 4S airyness for the full and substantial bass that the Orange filter allows.
I also prefer to mate this combination with the ALO Continental V2 for it's added tubey midrange warmth.post #1266 of 40764/28/13 at 9:21pmpost #1267 of 40764/28/13 at 9:24pmpost #1268 of 40764/29/13 at 7:41am
Thank you for your answers guys. It appears getting another aftermarket cable requires a rather tedious process of filter matching and filing...
How does one order a cable from Etymotic themselves, as they have not got anything on their website....That I can see anyway? Maybe I'm missing it somewhere?post #1269 of 40764/29/13 at 8:27amWhere do you get the different filters from? Straight from etymotic?? I only thought there was the green ones..I really like the sound of them..I myself don't or am not a bass head..but after listening to them for a bit and get a good seal... Which sometimes isn't all that easy with these lol I find them to have lots of bass or low end..I'm not sure I would want to boost up the bass anymore..but I had no idea that there was different filters..and as for the cables..I think that etymotic would or recommends that the owner send them to etymotic to put the cables on for ya..sometime to do with the balancing of the cables with would ulter the sq probably for the worst if you didn't know what you were doing..I have read that on here somewhere in the past...does anyone know this for sure cause I would like to put some different cables on these in the near future and don't want to wreck them..thank you for your help..post #1270 of 40764/29/13 at 8:34am
I cant see why I would have to ship them to the States just so as to put a new cable on?
Taking them off is tricky although requiring a deal of patience. slowly prying them off reveals 2 pins one slightly larger than the other fitting the exact same on the holes on ER4.post #1271 of 40764/29/13 at 9:10amQuote:I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.post #1272 of 40764/29/13 at 1:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by pacman46
I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.
The info you need is here.post #1273 of 40764/29/13 at 3:59pmpost #1274 of 40764/30/13 at 4:48pmpost #1275 of 40764/30/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
Did you read the filter mod thread? The red filters attenuate the upper mids and treble by about 1dB, and the orange filters a bit more. The effect is slight, and most iems and even top tier customs have a much larger "suckout." Also, looking at the graphs of the different filters I don't see anything I could describe as "jumpy." What are you referring to?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › $40-$80 headphones / BeyerDyanmic 501p vs JVC HA-S600 25 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Choosing hd 598, how bad is the sound leak? 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Where to demo headphones near London? 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 EB+Case+LOD+Upgrade cable 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude