- 4,337 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 3/11/14 at 3:50pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/21/13 at 9:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4 S vs ER 4 PT Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 85post #1261 of 42364/13/13 at 12:13pmThe ER4's are much tougher build than the other IEM's they make, also your getting something made in the US to much more exacting standards in terms of driver matching.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1262 of 42364/13/13 at 1:00pmI have or should say the hf2 ..I by accident ran them over with a vacuum lol so they no longer work lol but when they did work they sounded great and I mmiss them now..I should maybe see if I can have them reshelled??Quote:Originally Posted by sheldonkreger
I have a broken pair of HF5s. This is the second pair that has broken, a bit disappointed because I love the sound. However, I'm seriously considering sending them back and having them replaced with the ER4. I can get the ER4 for $180 that way!
"It is not necessary to re-purchase the same earphone or headset product you currently own."
-sheldonpost #1263 of 42364/28/13 at 6:46ampost #1264 of 42364/28/13 at 7:40am
They have a removable cable and you can use an adapter like this one and fit any cable with a Westone type of plug to it.post #1265 of 42364/28/13 at 6:03pm
I've used this adapter (S vesion) with the Moon Audio iem Silver Dragon cables.
1st, The adapter had to be filed down quite a bit so that the sharp corners and edges did not poke my ear (my etys insert very deep).
2nd, The iem Silver Dragon cables that I mated with the adapters were just too bright with the oem (green) filter (for me). I have experimented with all of the filter from green on down, and have found that my ideal combination is the Ety4, S cable adapter, iem Silver Dragon cable, Orange filter and Comply T-100 foamies.
Without the Silver Dragon cable, the Orange filter was too bassy and recessed treble. The iem Silver Dragon restored the upper ranges to very pleasant and enjoyable levels, though, I have sacrificed some of the stock 4S airyness for the full and substantial bass that the Orange filter allows.
I also prefer to mate this combination with the ALO Continental V2 for it's added tubey midrange warmth.post #1266 of 42364/28/13 at 9:21pmpost #1267 of 42364/28/13 at 9:24pmpost #1268 of 42364/29/13 at 7:41am
Thank you for your answers guys. It appears getting another aftermarket cable requires a rather tedious process of filter matching and filing...
How does one order a cable from Etymotic themselves, as they have not got anything on their website....That I can see anyway? Maybe I'm missing it somewhere?post #1269 of 42364/29/13 at 8:27amWhere do you get the different filters from? Straight from etymotic?? I only thought there was the green ones..I really like the sound of them..I myself don't or am not a bass head..but after listening to them for a bit and get a good seal... Which sometimes isn't all that easy with these lol I find them to have lots of bass or low end..I'm not sure I would want to boost up the bass anymore..but I had no idea that there was different filters..and as for the cables..I think that etymotic would or recommends that the owner send them to etymotic to put the cables on for ya..sometime to do with the balancing of the cables with would ulter the sq probably for the worst if you didn't know what you were doing..I have read that on here somewhere in the past...does anyone know this for sure cause I would like to put some different cables on these in the near future and don't want to wreck them..thank you for your help..post #1270 of 42364/29/13 at 8:34am
I cant see why I would have to ship them to the States just so as to put a new cable on?
Taking them off is tricky although requiring a deal of patience. slowly prying them off reveals 2 pins one slightly larger than the other fitting the exact same on the holes on ER4.post #1271 of 42364/29/13 at 9:10amQuote:I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.post #1272 of 42364/29/13 at 1:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by pacman46
I can't see it either..that's what I read a while ago..I tried looking for it but can't find it..maybe I read it somewhere else..I'm sorry but are you using the green filters or a different one??. I had no idea there was other color ones..I thought there was the only the green ones.
The info you need is here.post #1273 of 42364/29/13 at 3:59pmpost #1274 of 42364/30/13 at 4:48pmpost #1275 of 42364/30/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
Did you read the filter mod thread? The red filters attenuate the upper mids and treble by about 1dB, and the orange filters a bit more. The effect is slight, and most iems and even top tier customs have a much larger "suckout." Also, looking at the graphs of the different filters I don't see anything I could describe as "jumpy." What are you referring to?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 33 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › beyer dt770, 880, 990 replacement pad/cushion--softskin, gel,... 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 4 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › Why have more than a few pairs of headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for me 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD800 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live 2? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob