What's best for a long-haul flight? Buying an Ety er6i, or getting tri-flanges on existing iems? In other words, are etys so good at isolation just because of the tips?
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphones (White)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maybe getting back into the game. Out of the loop. Need guidance. Last post on 9/12/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best noise insulation IEM? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gave my Klipsch IMAGE S4 away! Last post on 5/9/11 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Planes, Trains and Automobilespost #1 of 72/8/11 at 12:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 72/8/11 at 12:59am
Its not just the tips.
The Etys have a sealed body as well as well as deep insertion.
Also look at the Klipsch X5s or X10s with the dual flange gels.
Their great isolation IEMs toopost #3 of 72/8/11 at 2:57am
If you're getting them specifically for long time listening you wouldn't be the only person if you didn't find them comfortable for that long, there are other earphones with very good eisolation depending on your budget. As for ety isolation, it's mainly a sealed and deep insertion, isolation isn't that much different with other tips.post #4 of 72/9/11 at 12:59amThread Starterpost #5 of 72/9/11 at 2:57amQuote:
I got some ety tri flanges and mod'd them into biflanges for my um2's. Whilst on the train and walking in malls packed with people I can't hear a thing. This was with my ipod classic 7g on 40% volume, comfort is amazing it's like not having anything inside my ears. Make sure you use the smallest flange which you cut off as a spacer.post #6 of 72/9/11 at 3:15amQuote:
Hi, Are Ck10 sold in NZ?post #7 of 72/13/11 at 11:08pmThread Starter
Thanks for the tips, guys. (Get it, lol ) I'll try to score some ety triples. (Thanks, bunch)
yello: No, they're not sold here. I got mine online from accessoryjack. However, it's been a week since I paid for them and they haven't even been shipped yet because of the Chinese New Year break. Wotapain. Guess I'll have to be patient!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 27 seconds ago
- › Open Back Headphones Under $500 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 7 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear