What's best for a long-haul flight? Buying an Ety er6i, or getting tri-flanges on existing iems? In other words, are etys so good at isolation just because of the tips?
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphones (White)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maybe getting back into the game. Out of the loop. Need guidance. Last post on 9/12/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best noise insulation IEM? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gave my Klipsch IMAGE S4 away! Last post on 5/9/11 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its not just the tips.
The Etys have a sealed body as well as well as deep insertion.
Also look at the Klipsch X5s or X10s with the dual flange gels.
Their great isolation IEMs too
If you're getting them specifically for long time listening you wouldn't be the only person if you didn't find them comfortable for that long, there are other earphones with very good eisolation depending on your budget. As for ety isolation, it's mainly a sealed and deep insertion, isolation isn't that much different with other tips.
I got some ety tri flanges and mod'd them into biflanges for my um2's. Whilst on the train and walking in malls packed with people I can't hear a thing. This was with my ipod classic 7g on 40% volume, comfort is amazing it's like not having anything inside my ears. Make sure you use the smallest flange which you cut off as a spacer.
Hi, Are Ck10 sold in NZ?
Thanks for the tips, guys. (Get it, lol ) I'll try to score some ety triples. (Thanks, bunch)
yello: No, they're not sold here. I got mine online from accessoryjack. However, it's been a week since I paid for them and they haven't even been shipped yet because of the Chinese New Year break. Wotapain. Guess I'll have to be patient!
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ELEKIT Vacuum Tube Hybrid Portable Headphone Amp 10 seconds ago
- › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 43 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha CD-S300 Natural Sound cd player 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3