What's best for a long-haul flight? Buying an Ety er6i, or getting tri-flanges on existing iems? In other words, are etys so good at isolation just because of the tips?
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphones (White)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maybe getting back into the game. Out of the loop. Need guidance. Last post on 9/12/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best noise insulation IEM? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gave my Klipsch IMAGE S4 away! Last post on 5/9/11 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its not just the tips.
The Etys have a sealed body as well as well as deep insertion.
Also look at the Klipsch X5s or X10s with the dual flange gels.
Their great isolation IEMs too
If you're getting them specifically for long time listening you wouldn't be the only person if you didn't find them comfortable for that long, there are other earphones with very good eisolation depending on your budget. As for ety isolation, it's mainly a sealed and deep insertion, isolation isn't that much different with other tips.
I got some ety tri flanges and mod'd them into biflanges for my um2's. Whilst on the train and walking in malls packed with people I can't hear a thing. This was with my ipod classic 7g on 40% volume, comfort is amazing it's like not having anything inside my ears. Make sure you use the smallest flange which you cut off as a spacer.
Hi, Are Ck10 sold in NZ?
Thanks for the tips, guys. (Get it, lol ) I'll try to score some ety triples. (Thanks, bunch)
yello: No, they're not sold here. I got mine online from accessoryjack. However, it's been a week since I paid for them and they haven't even been shipped yet because of the Chinese New Year break. Wotapain. Guess I'll have to be patient!
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 11 seconds ago
- › Pangea USB Type A-B 1.5M USB cable 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Logitech/UE 500 vi In-Ears w/ Mic, Volume Control & Remote --- Very... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Listening fatigue 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)