What's best for a long-haul flight? Buying an Ety er6i, or getting tri-flanges on existing iems? In other words, are etys so good at isolation just because of the tips?
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphones (White)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maybe getting back into the game. Out of the loop. Need guidance. Last post on 9/12/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best noise insulation IEM? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gave my Klipsch IMAGE S4 away! Last post on 5/9/11 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its not just the tips.
The Etys have a sealed body as well as well as deep insertion.
Also look at the Klipsch X5s or X10s with the dual flange gels.
Their great isolation IEMs too
If you're getting them specifically for long time listening you wouldn't be the only person if you didn't find them comfortable for that long, there are other earphones with very good eisolation depending on your budget. As for ety isolation, it's mainly a sealed and deep insertion, isolation isn't that much different with other tips.
I got some ety tri flanges and mod'd them into biflanges for my um2's. Whilst on the train and walking in malls packed with people I can't hear a thing. This was with my ipod classic 7g on 40% volume, comfort is amazing it's like not having anything inside my ears. Make sure you use the smallest flange which you cut off as a spacer.
Hi, Are Ck10 sold in NZ?
Thanks for the tips, guys. (Get it, lol ) I'll try to score some ety triples. (Thanks, bunch)
yello: No, they're not sold here. I got mine online from accessoryjack. However, it's been a week since I paid for them and they haven't even been shipped yet because of the Chinese New Year break. Wotapain. Guess I'll have to be patient!
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 12 seconds ago
- › Jual K/i/t/c/h/e/n Set Minimalis Murah 15 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 20 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Good speakers for listening to music at work 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)