What's best for a long-haul flight? Buying an Ety er6i, or getting tri-flanges on existing iems? In other words, are etys so good at isolation just because of the tips?
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphones (White)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 2/11/11
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maybe getting back into the game. Out of the loop. Need guidance. Last post on 9/12/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best noise insulation IEM? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gave my Klipsch IMAGE S4 away! Last post on 5/9/11 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its not just the tips.
The Etys have a sealed body as well as well as deep insertion.
Also look at the Klipsch X5s or X10s with the dual flange gels.
Their great isolation IEMs too
If you're getting them specifically for long time listening you wouldn't be the only person if you didn't find them comfortable for that long, there are other earphones with very good eisolation depending on your budget. As for ety isolation, it's mainly a sealed and deep insertion, isolation isn't that much different with other tips.
I got some ety tri flanges and mod'd them into biflanges for my um2's. Whilst on the train and walking in malls packed with people I can't hear a thing. This was with my ipod classic 7g on 40% volume, comfort is amazing it's like not having anything inside my ears. Make sure you use the smallest flange which you cut off as a spacer.
Hi, Are Ck10 sold in NZ?
Thanks for the tips, guys. (Get it, lol ) I'll try to score some ety triples. (Thanks, bunch)
yello: No, they're not sold here. I got mine online from accessoryjack. However, it's been a week since I paid for them and they haven't even been shipped yet because of the Chinese New Year break. Wotapain. Guess I'll have to be patient!
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 7 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3