Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 64

post #946 of 17696

I honestly didn't notice any changes with mine.

post #947 of 17696

This may be very true.  I think a lot of it is all about synergy.  Sources, amps, cans, and your own ability to interpret sound.  Some people can hear the smallest differences on setup X but some other people can't hear the biggest differences on setup Y.  I think it's all about synergy.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

I honestly didn't notice any changes with mine.



 

 

post #948 of 17696
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I've been running my new 600s constantly since last night (while I slept and at work)



L3000.gif Been up all night listening to your new headphones aye??

post #949 of 17696

Haha, good one!  I wish I could listen to these at work, but what I've been doing was turning my cable box to a 24/7 music station and letting my new cans burn in.

 

Right now, they're pumping some mellow Mark Knopfler via my Woo 3.  Sounds fantastic.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post



L3000.gif Been up all night listening to your new headphones aye??



 

post #950 of 17696

Well in my search for an amp/dac I was able to get my hands on for the weekend a Furutech Cruise ADL ( http://www.furutech.com/a2008/product2.asp?prodNo=399 )

 

It's pretty wicked you can blast the HD600's easily on this thing.  I'm going to have some fun A/B'ing this thing with my Audio-GD FUN desktop amp/dac. 

 

Kinda expensive but hey it's my first portable to give a try.  My only negative (which is not the device itself but more or less my IEMs).  I noticed now with any "quality source" (the FUN or this Furutech) I get a seriously harsh hissing sound at any volume with my IEMs.  Plug it into a junk source (cell phone, cheap MP3 player, etc.) and that hiss is gone.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking of looking into some new IEMs.

 

FurutechCruiseADL.png

post #951 of 17696

Is the source doing the amplification as well?  If so, it sounds like an impedance mismatch highlighted by the overall sensitivity of IEMs.  Cellphones and the like most likely use opamps, which pair better with low impedance and high sensitivity headphones or IEMs than do non-chip based amps.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0sferatu View Post I noticed now with any "quality source" (the FUN or this Furutech) I get a seriously harsh hissing sound at any volume with my IEMs.  Plug it into a junk source (cell phone, cheap MP3 player, etc.) and that hiss is gone.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking of looking into some new IEMs.

 

FurutechCruiseADL.png



 

post #952 of 17696

Specs are listed as:

 

Input impedance 16ohm

Sensitivity 110dB/mW

Max input 250mW

Freq Response: 5-24K
 

Is that an issue with those specs?  I'm contemplating looking at something else because this is frustrating hearing that nasty hiss when there's nothing playing back.  Like I said it's on any "quality source" so to speak.

 

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pcatid=Headphones%28DenonNA%29&CatId=InEar%28DenonNA%29&Pid=AHC560R%28DenonNA%29

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

Is the source doing the amplification as well?  If so, it sounds like an impedance mismatch highlighted by the overall sensitivity of IEMs.  Cellphones and the like most likely use opamps, which pair better with low impedance and high sensitivity headphones or IEMs than do non-chip based amps.
 



 



 

post #953 of 17696

IEMs are typically more picky with noise floors than over-the-ear cans.  Unless you have a really clean source, IEMs will pick up all kinds of internal noise.  Those specs, at least to me, would not pair with overly powerful amplifiers, especially if the output impedance is below 16 ohms.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0sferatu View Post

Specs are listed as:

 

Input impedance 16ohm

Sensitivity 110dB/mW

Max input 250mW

Freq Response: 5-24K
 

Is that an issue with those specs?  I'm contemplating looking at something else because this is frustrating hearing that nasty hiss when there's nothing playing back.  Like I said it's on any "quality source" so to speak.

 

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pcatid=Headphones%28DenonNA%29&CatId=InEar%28DenonNA%29&Pid=AHC560R%28DenonNA%29

 



 



 

post #954 of 17696

I'm looking for a new headband pad+earpads for my HD600s.  If anyone has an extra set, please let me know-mine have completely collapsed and are in desperate need of replacing.

post #955 of 17696

love these headphones. my first pair was thoroughly enjoyed.. I've recently moved up to the hd650s and am finding them to fit way too tight on my head..

hope this eventually eases up or i'm going back to hd600s.

post #956 of 17696

I thought my HD600s were a little tight, so when I wasn't listening to them, I put a pillow between the earpads.  This seems to have loosened things up a little.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek View Post

love these headphones. my first pair was thoroughly enjoyed.. I've recently moved up to the hd650s and am finding them to fit way too tight on my head..

hope this eventually eases up or i'm going back to hd600s.



 

post #957 of 17696

My HD600 and HD650 weren't that clamping after a few weeks of wearing them.    

post #958 of 17696

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3ta1head View Post

I'm looking for a new headband pad+earpads for my HD600s.  If anyone has an extra set, please let me know-mine have completely collapsed and are in desperate need of replacing.

 

You can get them from Sennheiser, :

 

Screen shot 2012-01-07 at 5.22.15 AM.png

 

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_part-finder


Edited by grokit - 1/7/12 at 6:22am
post #959 of 17696

I bought a pair a year ago along with an E9. Enjoyed them a lot, and this year decided to get an E7 to pair up with the E9 (obviously more concerned for getting a DAC rather than amping it up even more, lol).

 

So pleased :)

post #960 of 17696

Budget-Fi FTW

 

Waiting for the E17 L3000.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blama View Post

I bought a pair a year ago along with an E9. Enjoyed them a lot, and this year decided to get an E7 to pair up with the E9 (obviously more concerned for getting a DAC rather than amping it up even more, lol).

 

So pleased :)



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread