To add to that metal is even better with the hd600s than they are using Grados :D
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 3/24/17 at 5:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/14/17 at 7:18am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone comment on the comfort of these headphones? Wear them for at least 2 hours. I'm going to assume that the headphone's vice grip is no longer an issue after readjustment.
I found them quite clampy at first - but now I don't notice it at all - in fact I can wear them for hours. I guess after a while they do adjust to your head.
One word of caution - do not stretch the headband - it will break with sufficient force (I know - I did it when I first got mine - expensive exercise). You can try bending the metal extenders a little - but don't stress the plastic!
Best bet though - just give them some time. You'll get used to the fit pretty quickly. I don't even notice I have mine on most of the time.
Especially symphonic metal. I actually have them the other way around: I prefer the SR225 for jazz, folk, blues - anything that relies less on guitar amplifiers, and the HD600 for rock and metal. Just because Grados are 'aggressive' it doesn't mean it's for 'aggressive' music, and same goes for 'laid back.'
Exactly. I also prefer grados for small scale stuff. Grados tend to have larger sounding instruments since the sound is more upfront making them great for intimate jazz ala Kind of Blue or Take Five for example.
Thank you for all the replies.
I don't want to risk breaking my new headphones so soon, though. I guess I will just have to live with the clamp force for a while.
Hopefully, it will get better in about a week or two.
It will. I've had mine for a couple weeks now and they're much more comfortable to me than when I first wore them.
it's a bit more budget wise than I was looking to spend but how's the Ray Samuels Hornet for the HD600? Anyone have hands on listening with these? I'm looking for something small and portable and after digging around the forums this seemed to be the one continually popping up. This should easily fit in a pants pocket right?
According to Mike(Headfonia), the E17 sounds very similar to the E10 with the E17 having punchier and tighter bass.
If you plan to stay with portable amplifiers, you should look into balanced ones, I think they are worth it even though they are expensive. HD650 responds well to balanced operation, I suspect HD600 does as well. Balanced mode creates bigger soundstage and deeper bass.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Music Game IX 9 seconds ago
- › They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2... 28 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 4 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear