Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 556

post #8326 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post
 

Plasmas can eat up 3 times the juice of LEDs and I literally can't see that it's worth it.

 

I'd rather poke my eyes with a rusty fork than watch anything but the morning news on a LED TV, whatever the cost savings are...


Edited by madwolfa - 8/5/14 at 6:24pm
post #8327 of 8603

Well, get ready to poke your eyes out with a rusty fork in the near future, because plasmas are going the way of the Dodo. 

post #8328 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post

Well, get ready to poke your eyes out with a rusty fork in the near future, because plasmas are going the way of the Dodo. 

Luckily mine still has years of life left in it. I hope by that time OLED gains some steam. There are also projectors...

Enjoy your Prius.
post #8329 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

And sadly also departing the HD600 club.  Sold mine half an hour ago.

 

Shock horror - now left with just two headphones:

1 x open full size (T1)

1 x portable (T51p) - yet to arrive

 

A multitude of IEMs.

What are you going to do when you instinctively reach for your HD600s and they are no longer there?

post #8330 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

What are you going to do when you instinctively reach for your HD600s and they are no longer there?

 

T1 :veryevil:

post #8331 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post


Luckily mine still has years of life left in it. I hope by that time OLED gains some steam. There are also projectors...

Enjoy your Prius.

Other than a large image, I was never impressed by projectors.

The latest LED TV's have improved greatly, the early ones were awful. The new ones cannot achieve the same quality black levels as Plasma but in a room that is not dark, a good LED TV might have a better outcome for most people. No doubt that in the Bat Cave the Plasma rules. I guess that the manufacturers are throwing in the towel because consumers are not consuming enough Plasma TV to turn a enough profit.

post #8332 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

What are you going to do when you instinctively reach for your HD600s and they are no longer there?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

 

T1 :veryevil:

That was funny.

So you're angry that you ditched your HD600's. Don't worry, they're not angry with you, they'll welcome you back, for about $400 USD new.

You can always keep watch for a good sale or keep an eye out for a good FS post. :happy_face1:

post #8333 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

No doubt that in the Bat Cave the Plasma rules.

You mean the Man Cave. :P
post #8334 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post


You mean the Man Cave. :P

What if the Bat is wearing a pair of HD600's? Some of us can get pretty batty when separated from our listening gear.

post #8335 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

That was funny.

So you're angry that you ditched your HD600's. Don't worry, they're not angry with you, they'll welcome you back, for about $400 USD new.

You can always keep watch for a good sale or keep an eye out for a good FS post. :happy_face1:

 

Not quite - the smiley was the 'evil' one - not the 'angry' one.  I could have put one for manly tears - but TBH I haven't really worn any other full-sized headphone since I got the T1s (no point really) - so I sold the HD700, HD600 and DT880.

 

I can still see myself getting an HD800 at some stage just to see what the fuss is about.  If I do, and decide they're not for me, I really think (considering where the prices are), that next time I'd get an SRH1840 again.  I still see it as a slightly better HD600 - and considering I've seen them go for around $300-350, it would be a no-brainer for me.

post #8336 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post


Luckily mine still has years of life left in it. I hope by that time OLED gains some steam. There are also projectors...

Enjoy your Prius.

Yup, I'm with you totally. I stocked up on plasma's so until OLED gets corrected - which will be a long while - I'll be enjoying the organic uniformity, black levels, bright whites and beautiful colour pop that plasma's provide. These plasma's also have solid reputation for longevity. I'm still disgorging over the backlight bleeds and grey-ish blacks (in comparison) on the 'New 2014!! LED Flagship TV!!' that's unfortunately sitting in the living room. I know for a fact people who truly understand audiophiles will also have an appreciation for videophile quality. 

post #8337 of 8603

On to the HD600. My chewed earpads have been replaced, the dust from the grills cleaned and it all looks good as new. Welcome back the true classic, the king, the one and only... HD600:

 

post #8338 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

What if the Bat is wearing a pair of HD600's? Some of us can get pretty batty when separated from our listening gear.

 

HD600 is the The Dark Knight's headphone of choice.

 

 

 

Note: I'm bad at photoshop :biggrin: 

post #8339 of 8603

I take it from the silence that people thought I was only joking when I said I chewed on my HD600 while intoxicated. :D

post #8340 of 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by allets View Post
 

I take it from the silence that people thought I was only joking when I said I chewed on my HD600 while intoxicated. :D

The man at the bottle shop was going on about some galah that chewed up his headphones. We know it wasn't you because he showed a picture taken by the booze bus of a pissed bloke making a meal of a pair of Beats.


Edited by StanD - 8/6/14 at 3:08am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread