- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 553
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys, I mentioned the smell that wafers from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement the more I am wondering what this thing smells like....hmmm... to be continued.
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys,
And I should hope not!
I mentioned the smell that wafers
'Wafers?' You means wafts.
from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement
I have a suspicion you didn't think about it quite enough.
lol I totally meant wafts. Holy crap that was definitely not thought out. To be fair I have slept very little and have been doing far too much, you mix that with the excitement of getting a new amp and all that....well it leads to things like smell that wafers...haha
I know how you feel my friend. They thought I ate my HD600.
It is fair to mention all sensory impressions on this thread. We've discussed how they sound, feel, look and smell? How about taste?
Edited by allets - 8/1/14 at 11:07pm
Marble milkshake anyone
Actually as the sentence reads it was guys he was denying sniffing, not amps. That was my point.
"Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys"
Ah, what a difference one little comma can make.
Edited by pp312 - 8/2/14 at 1:56am
Honestly mid-fi for me when I referred to them as such was in terms of price range, and that the DT880s are considered the same mid-fi and they are on par with the HD600s just different sounding.
Edited by allets - 8/2/14 at 9:33am
Yes, mid-fi is an unfortunate term only coined because of the escalating prices of newer phones. 'Mid-price' is a far better term. The fact that phones like the HD600 and DT880 can be had for a quarter or even a sixth the price of your LCD-2s and HD800s does not mean they sound proportionately worse. A DT880 with the right amp is capable of reminding us all that for many years it was Beyer's flagship, and the fact that it can now be had for $200 on a good day does not mean it's a typical $200 headphones. I have the Pro version and on a good recording I'm frequently wowed by the realism of the sound. I daresay many HD600 owner could say the same thing.
We need to get rid of 'mid-fi'. From now on it's 'mid-price'.
There's an even clumsier term - "mid-end." If that was the political spectrum, it would be a "Centrist Extremist."
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Amp/Dac connected to Amp 48 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Fischer Audio Dubliz 1 minute ago
- › LOT of 14 premium European 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes. Price to sell!! 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica m50x - $125 woot.com 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3