- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 553
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys, I mentioned the smell that wafers from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement the more I am wondering what this thing smells like....hmmm... to be continued.
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys,
And I should hope not!
I mentioned the smell that wafers
'Wafers?' You means wafts.
from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement
I have a suspicion you didn't think about it quite enough.
lol I totally meant wafts. Holy crap that was definitely not thought out. To be fair I have slept very little and have been doing far too much, you mix that with the excitement of getting a new amp and all that....well it leads to things like smell that wafers...haha
I know how you feel my friend. They thought I ate my HD600.
It is fair to mention all sensory impressions on this thread. We've discussed how they sound, feel, look and smell? How about taste?
Edited by allets - 8/1/14 at 11:07pm
Marble milkshake anyone
Actually as the sentence reads it was guys he was denying sniffing, not amps. That was my point.
"Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys"
Ah, what a difference one little comma can make.
Edited by pp312 - 8/2/14 at 1:56am
Honestly mid-fi for me when I referred to them as such was in terms of price range, and that the DT880s are considered the same mid-fi and they are on par with the HD600s just different sounding.
Edited by allets - 8/2/14 at 9:33am
Yes, mid-fi is an unfortunate term only coined because of the escalating prices of newer phones. 'Mid-price' is a far better term. The fact that phones like the HD600 and DT880 can be had for a quarter or even a sixth the price of your LCD-2s and HD800s does not mean they sound proportionately worse. A DT880 with the right amp is capable of reminding us all that for many years it was Beyer's flagship, and the fact that it can now be had for $200 on a good day does not mean it's a typical $200 headphones. I have the Pro version and on a good recording I'm frequently wowed by the realism of the sound. I daresay many HD600 owner could say the same thing.
We need to get rid of 'mid-fi'. From now on it's 'mid-price'.
There's an even clumsier term - "mid-end." If that was the political spectrum, it would be a "Centrist Extremist."
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 7 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 18 seconds ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet - 1-28 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Power Supplies - PART3 - SMPS, LPS. SuperCap, Battery, DIY... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Please recommend headphones or IEMs for blocking low frequency noise 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear