- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade from my senn hd558 Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT: Sennheiser HD600 for your Fidelio X2 or SRH1440/1840 Last post on Today at 7:32 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs Ath-Msr7 ? Last post on Yesterday at 7:24 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for Tube Amp Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ipad/iphone friendly semi-portable DAC/AMP -with HD600s Last post on 1/22/15 at 7:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 553
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys, I mentioned the smell that wafers from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement the more I am wondering what this thing smells like....hmmm... to be continued.
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys,
And I should hope not!
I mentioned the smell that wafers
'Wafers?' You means wafts.
from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement
I have a suspicion you didn't think about it quite enough.
lol I totally meant wafts. Holy crap that was definitely not thought out. To be fair I have slept very little and have been doing far too much, you mix that with the excitement of getting a new amp and all that....well it leads to things like smell that wafers...haha
I know how you feel my friend. They thought I ate my HD600.
It is fair to mention all sensory impressions on this thread. We've discussed how they sound, feel, look and smell? How about taste?
Edited by allets - 8/1/14 at 11:07pm
Marble milkshake anyone
Actually as the sentence reads it was guys he was denying sniffing, not amps. That was my point.
"Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys"
Ah, what a difference one little comma can make.
Edited by pp312 - 8/2/14 at 1:56am
Honestly mid-fi for me when I referred to them as such was in terms of price range, and that the DT880s are considered the same mid-fi and they are on par with the HD600s just different sounding.
Edited by allets - 8/2/14 at 9:33am
Yes, mid-fi is an unfortunate term only coined because of the escalating prices of newer phones. 'Mid-price' is a far better term. The fact that phones like the HD600 and DT880 can be had for a quarter or even a sixth the price of your LCD-2s and HD800s does not mean they sound proportionately worse. A DT880 with the right amp is capable of reminding us all that for many years it was Beyer's flagship, and the fact that it can now be had for $200 on a good day does not mean it's a typical $200 headphones. I have the Pro version and on a good recording I'm frequently wowed by the realism of the sound. I daresay many HD600 owner could say the same thing.
We need to get rid of 'mid-fi'. From now on it's 'mid-price'.
There's an even clumsier term - "mid-end." If that was the political spectrum, it would be a "Centrist Extremist."
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 9 seconds ago
- › Decision between HD600 or X2 or MA900 13 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 37 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › Grado PS1000. Matte finish cups and headphone lounge padded... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)