- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 553
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys, I mentioned the smell that wafers from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement the more I am wondering what this thing smells like....hmmm... to be continued.
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys,
And I should hope not!
I mentioned the smell that wafers
'Wafers?' You means wafts.
from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement
I have a suspicion you didn't think about it quite enough.
lol I totally meant wafts. Holy crap that was definitely not thought out. To be fair I have slept very little and have been doing far too much, you mix that with the excitement of getting a new amp and all that....well it leads to things like smell that wafers...haha
I know how you feel my friend. They thought I ate my HD600.
It is fair to mention all sensory impressions on this thread. We've discussed how they sound, feel, look and smell? How about taste?
Edited by allets - 8/1/14 at 11:07pm
Marble milkshake anyone
Actually as the sentence reads it was guys he was denying sniffing, not amps. That was my point.
"Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys"
Ah, what a difference one little comma can make.
Edited by pp312 - 8/2/14 at 1:56am
Honestly mid-fi for me when I referred to them as such was in terms of price range, and that the DT880s are considered the same mid-fi and they are on par with the HD600s just different sounding.
Edited by allets - 8/2/14 at 9:33am
Yes, mid-fi is an unfortunate term only coined because of the escalating prices of newer phones. 'Mid-price' is a far better term. The fact that phones like the HD600 and DT880 can be had for a quarter or even a sixth the price of your LCD-2s and HD800s does not mean they sound proportionately worse. A DT880 with the right amp is capable of reminding us all that for many years it was Beyer's flagship, and the fact that it can now be had for $200 on a good day does not mean it's a typical $200 headphones. I have the Pro version and on a good recording I'm frequently wowed by the realism of the sound. I daresay many HD600 owner could say the same thing.
We need to get rid of 'mid-fi'. From now on it's 'mid-price'.
There's an even clumsier term - "mid-end." If that was the political spectrum, it would be a "Centrist Extremist."
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 7 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)