- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 553
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys, I mentioned the smell that wafers from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement the more I am wondering what this thing smells like....hmmm... to be continued.
Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys,
And I should hope not!
I mentioned the smell that wafers
'Wafers?' You means wafts.
from a newly opened box of from a nice crafted chassis....which now that I think about my bizarre statement
I have a suspicion you didn't think about it quite enough.
lol I totally meant wafts. Holy crap that was definitely not thought out. To be fair I have slept very little and have been doing far too much, you mix that with the excitement of getting a new amp and all that....well it leads to things like smell that wafers...haha
I know how you feel my friend. They thought I ate my HD600.
It is fair to mention all sensory impressions on this thread. We've discussed how they sound, feel, look and smell? How about taste?
Edited by allets - 8/1/14 at 11:07pm
Marble milkshake anyone
Actually as the sentence reads it was guys he was denying sniffing, not amps. That was my point.
"Seriously, I never mentioned sniffing guys"
Ah, what a difference one little comma can make.
Edited by pp312 - 8/2/14 at 1:56am
Honestly mid-fi for me when I referred to them as such was in terms of price range, and that the DT880s are considered the same mid-fi and they are on par with the HD600s just different sounding.
Edited by allets - 8/2/14 at 9:33am
Yes, mid-fi is an unfortunate term only coined because of the escalating prices of newer phones. 'Mid-price' is a far better term. The fact that phones like the HD600 and DT880 can be had for a quarter or even a sixth the price of your LCD-2s and HD800s does not mean they sound proportionately worse. A DT880 with the right amp is capable of reminding us all that for many years it was Beyer's flagship, and the fact that it can now be had for $200 on a good day does not mean it's a typical $200 headphones. I have the Pro version and on a good recording I'm frequently wowed by the realism of the sound. I daresay many HD600 owner could say the same thing.
We need to get rid of 'mid-fi'. From now on it's 'mid-price'.
There's an even clumsier term - "mid-end." If that was the political spectrum, it would be a "Centrist Extremist."
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 10 minutes ago
- › DAC for Note 7: $200 and under 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...