or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 507

post #7591 of 17469

My pinwheel stopped.  Do I keep repeating until it spins again?

post #7592 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post
 

My pinwheel stopped.  Do I keep repeating until it spins again?

Until you buy a pair of Beats keep chanting and don't take your eyes off the pinwheel while it spins.

post #7593 of 17469

I recently convinced my friend to buy a pair of decent Sony headphones instead of Monster. I don't know what makes people buy overpriced garbage again and again. Marketing, I guess. Not to mention that pair of Monsters was more expensive than brand new HD-600s...


Edited by madwolfa - 5/11/14 at 11:40am
post #7594 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

Marketing, I guess. 

Marketing, peer pressure (like you did about the Sonys), and lack of knowledge.  Simple stuff.  Typical behavior of the normal consumer.

 

Those on Head-Fi are not the normal consumer, we know better (about headphones et al. anyways).

post #7595 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Heck, don't beat yourself up over it. I'd rather stuff my ears with Haggis than put money into that highwayman's loot bag.
He is a testament to my signature.
Ha ha. Haggis!
You got Scottish ancestry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post

I recently convinced my friend to buy a pair of decent Sony headphones instead of Monster. I don't know what makes people buy overpriced garbage again and again. Marketing, I guess. Not to mention that pair of Monsters was more expensive than brand new HD-600s...
You didn't go all out and get him to buy the 600's. Baby steps I guess. Get him on Headfi. Then it's only a matter of time!
post #7596 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

You didn't go all out and get him to buy the 600's. Baby steps I guess. Get him on Headfi. Then it's only a matter of time!

 

It was in Mexico City and he had money burning his pocket... Sony was the only decent choice at the store. Glad I've steered him away from Monster at least... 

And of course I wouldn't recommend him the HD-600s, as it looked like he needed something compact, closed and highly-sensitive/low impedance.

Not to mention cans like this are almost impossible to find in LATAM (for a sane price anyway).

 

But yeah, he's on a right track now. Future head-fier maybe? ;)


Edited by madwolfa - 5/11/14 at 12:00pm
post #7597 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post

Glad I've steered him away from Monster at least... 

But yeah, he's on a right track now. Future head-fier maybe? wink.gif
You did good.
post #7598 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post


Ha ha. Haggis!
You got Scottish ancestry?

Nope, I just know more than what's good for me. I wouldn't mind a nice single malt from the glen.

post #7599 of 17469
Mmmmm. Whisky!
post #7600 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Mmmmm. Whisky!

Mmmmm Good Whiskey :blink:, not like Beats.

post #7601 of 17469
The most jaw-dropping eye-opening fact about the beats acquisition is that they paid 3.2 billion! That's billion with a 'B'!! They reportedly sold 60% of all headphone sales last year. Their business increased by 20%!! This guy Dre (I'll have to admit I've never a note of his music, not my thing) has made the statement that he's the 1st billionaire rapper in history. But he didn't make it rapping!! Stunning numbers that say so much about so much!!wink.gif
post #7602 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijodelbrx View Post

The most jaw-dropping eye-opening fact about the beats acquisition is that they paid 3.2 billion! That's billion with a 'B'!! They reportedly sold 60% of all headphone sales last year. Their business increased by 20%!! This guy Dre (I'll have to admit I've never a note of his music, not my thing) has made the statement that he's the 1st billionaire rapper in history. But he didn't make it rapping!! Stunning numbers that say so much about so much!!wink.gif

I'm feeling ill. We are all doomed. :mad:

post #7603 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

I'm feeling ill. We are all doomed. :mad:

+1:frown:

post #7604 of 17469
My buddy and I had a headphone shootout the other day... He brought his beloved Beats Pro (when he bought them two years ago i told him he was insane to spend $400 on a pair of phones, but, umm, anyway...). He also brought his Sony vr6, and I had DT 880s, HD 650 and 600, as well as ATH-M50s.

We listened to the Beyers and the Sennheisers for a while, then got the Beats out.

In a way I feel really bad that he knows the truth now. He was perfectly happy before.
post #7605 of 17469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccash View Post

My buddy and I had a headphone shootout the other day... He brought his beloved Beats Pro (when he bought them two years ago i told him he was insane to spend $400 on a pair of phones, but, umm, anyway...). He also brought his Sony vr6, and I had DT 880s, HD 650 and 600, as well as ATH-M50s.

We listened to the Beyers and the Sennheisers for a while, then got the Beats out.

In a way I feel really bad that he knows the truth now. He was perfectly happy before.

Enlighenment comes at a price. Your friend will now begin to truly enjoy music, once he dumps the Beats and learns to spend his money on better stuff. So which of your cans did he like the best?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread