or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 504

post #7546 of 17154

How would you compare the HD600 as opposed to the HD650 in terms of neutrality/warmth of the tone, guys? I got the HD650s, but never had a chance to try out the HD600s.

 

I'd love some feedback on that.

post #7547 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyzimaki View Post

How would you compare the HD600 as opposed to the HD650 in terms of neutrality/warmth of the tone, guys? I got the HD650s, but never had a chance to try out the HD600s.

I'd love some feedback on that.
There is loads on this subject on here if you do a search.
I have heard the 650's at a couple of meets and bought the 600's.
650's dark and bassy.
600's neutral.IMHO.
post #7548 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

650's dark and bassy.
600's neutral.IMHO.

+1
post #7549 of 17154

+2

post #7550 of 17154

Does the HD600 and HD650 sound the same with replaced cables ? I heard the only difference is the cables.

post #7551 of 17154

You heard wrong.

 

Whoever wrote that needs his buttcheeks beaten.

post #7552 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroSonic View Post

Does the HD600 and HD650 sound the same with replaced cables ? I heard the only difference is the cables.
No. The beating above should be seriously considered.
post #7553 of 17154
I've ran both with stock cables , swapped over cables and both with the same balanced cable. They both sound exactly the same as the stock version of themselves . Hd600 is the more accurate headphone. Hd650 had a more consumer friendly flavour.
post #7554 of 17154

+1000

Thank God, a string of cable sane responses. I understand that Monster and their cartel have dispatched a hit squad to silence us.:D

post #7555 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

+1000

Thank God, a string of cable sane responses. I understand that Monster and their cartel have dispatched a hit squad to silence us.:D

 

Ha Ha !! 

 

I lol'd. :atsmile:

post #7556 of 17154

I love the HD600's :)

 

 

But I sold mine to try HD800's or LCD2's .......  :(

 

Now I am in a dilemma of what Should I do?

 

Should I buy HD600's once again? or  800's/LCD2? [Need saving up for em]

 

But cant spend much on Amp and Dac. I can spend 300$ max. [I like O2/ODAC]

 

 

Help me out of this guys..

 

Thanks.

post #7557 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo JoKeR View Post
 

 

But cant spend much on Amp and Dac. I can spend 300$ max. [I like O2/ODAC]

 

Probably not what you want to hear, but...I really think people often underestimate the impact the amp/dac has in the overall sound of a setup. Personally, I wouldn't even consider running a 1000+ pair of cans through a $300 amp. I know, I know, people do it. However, they usually don't grasp what they're missing from what I've seen. As someone who owns both the HD600 & the current LCD-2, I would recommend sticking with the HD600. The LCD-2 really needs more power to truly shine, and the HD800 is very revealing of downstream performance in the chain. IMO, while the HD600 will scale well with better amps/dacs, it will won't feel too lacking with lower end sources.   

post #7558 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelT View Post
 

 

Probably not what you want to hear, but...I really think people often underestimate the impact the amp/dac has in the overall sound of a setup. Personally, I wouldn't even consider running a 1000+ pair of cans through a $300 amp. I know, I know, people do it. However, they usually don't grasp what they're missing from what I've seen. As someone who owns both the HD600 & the current LCD-2, I would recommend sticking with the HD600. The LCD-2 really needs more power to truly shine, and the HD800 is very revealing of downstream performance in the chain. IMO, while the HD600 will scale well with better amps/dacs, it will won't feel too lacking with lower end sources.   


Well it's a good thing the O2 + ODAC isn't a low end Amp/DAC. It's got a low end price tag and high tier performance. :ksc75smile:

post #7559 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post
 

Well it's a good thing the O2 + ODAC isn't a low end Amp/DAC. It's got a low end price tag and high tier performance. :ksc75smile:

Sonic performance is highly relative. It certainly isn't a hot topic on summit-fi, we'll leave it at that. Are many people more than happy with the combo? Is it a great value? Sure.   

 

Objectively speaking, 613mw @ 33 Ohms" falls far short of the 1W minimum that Audeze recommends. Can we agree on that? Also, it pairs well with the HD600, based on user reviews.

post #7560 of 17154
Yeah. I'd agree. If most audiophile amps weren't overpriced.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread