- 568 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for comfort/deep over ear phones Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Brown Innovations Virtuoso Amplifier/Active Equalizer / O1198 Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUAD PA-One Valve Headphone Amplifier and DAC Last post on 9/16/14 at 8:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 497
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow... that is high praise.
I agree. For my personal tastes, the HD600 suited me more than the HD800 does.
I kind of think of the HD800 less like a Ferrari and more like a German race car - precision equipment that will jar you on bumpy roads as the headphone will suck with bad recordings. The HD600 is the one that seems more like a Ferrari to me - the textured sound conveys an unquantifiable quality that you can easily enjoy, but not necessarily need by engineering standards, as much as one can enjoy the visceral sound of an engine spinning to 9,000RPM in an age when 7,000RPM GM V8s can beat 9,000RPM Ferrari V8s in GT2 and Audi diesels dominate the prototype class.
as a guy with headphones 12hours+ on head, i'm not going to do that.
comfort is important aspect for me.
I think guy3134 was responding to the suggestion he try a grado...which I would not want to wear for 12 hours a day! The HD600, on the other hand, is a different story.
Certain pads on the Grado lineup do help..
(Sennheiser HD414 pads, fabric dye mod)
But still would prefer the HD600 supreme comfort!
I'm in the market of buying a second hand HD600, what would be the going rate for a HD600? If I could get a mint (according to seller) five year old HD600 for $240 including shipping, should I (you) do it? This is my first full sized can to accompany my RE-272 IEM's.
Not to bad. I paid $225 shipped for mine.
I still going crazy reading all the posts regarding recabling the HD600. Everyone has a recable that they feel improved the sound of their HD600 but I would really like to hear from someone who tried several cables and preferes one over the other. The Double Helix, the Chamberlian and Cardas are all well regarded. I kinda leaning towards the Double Helix copper since its not supposed to change the perspective. Anyone try several cable and end up with a favorite.?
Don't go crazy . Go and read up on why changing the stock cable won't improve the sound quality .
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buzzingand pops in headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 5 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 322 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S1 added 09/24/14... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it 7 minutes ago
- › V-Moda LP2 vs M-100?? 10 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)