- 561 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on Today at 5:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't decided between the Fidelio X1, HD598, or HD600 Last post on 9/11/14 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- closed equivalent of hd600?? Last post on 9/7/14 at 1:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- how good are ciems? Last post on 9/10/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 497
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow... that is high praise.
I agree. For my personal tastes, the HD600 suited me more than the HD800 does.
I kind of think of the HD800 less like a Ferrari and more like a German race car - precision equipment that will jar you on bumpy roads as the headphone will suck with bad recordings. The HD600 is the one that seems more like a Ferrari to me - the textured sound conveys an unquantifiable quality that you can easily enjoy, but not necessarily need by engineering standards, as much as one can enjoy the visceral sound of an engine spinning to 9,000RPM in an age when 7,000RPM GM V8s can beat 9,000RPM Ferrari V8s in GT2 and Audi diesels dominate the prototype class.
as a guy with headphones 12hours+ on head, i'm not going to do that.
comfort is important aspect for me.
I think guy3134 was responding to the suggestion he try a grado...which I would not want to wear for 12 hours a day! The HD600, on the other hand, is a different story.
Certain pads on the Grado lineup do help..
(Sennheiser HD414 pads, fabric dye mod)
But still would prefer the HD600 supreme comfort!
I'm in the market of buying a second hand HD600, what would be the going rate for a HD600? If I could get a mint (according to seller) five year old HD600 for $240 including shipping, should I (you) do it? This is my first full sized can to accompany my RE-272 IEM's.
Not to bad. I paid $225 shipped for mine.
I still going crazy reading all the posts regarding recabling the HD600. Everyone has a recable that they feel improved the sound of their HD600 but I would really like to hear from someone who tried several cables and preferes one over the other. The Double Helix, the Chamberlian and Cardas are all well regarded. I kinda leaning towards the Double Helix copper since its not supposed to change the perspective. Anyone try several cable and end up with a favorite.?
Don't go crazy . Go and read up on why changing the stock cable won't improve the sound quality .
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Interest Check: Upcoming Meet at CANPAX @ TAVES? 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 30 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 42 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 59 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)