Crutchfield was giving away free Sennheiser balanced cables with purchases of HD600 and HD650. I just ordered the HD650 last week and got the free cable. Not sure if the promo is still going on.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 Last post on 7/23/14 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Asgard 2 for HD600's and Monitor Speakers Last post on 7/3/14 at 8:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JH-5 vs DT770 Last post on 6/27/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD600 with extra HD650 cable Last post on 6/20/14 at 11:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- to much choices Last post on 6/23/14 at 7:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 497
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The deal seems to be only for the 650, 700, and 800. Its not a bad deal though.
Wow... that is high praise.
I agree. For my personal tastes, the HD600 suited me more than the HD800 does.
I kind of think of the HD800 less like a Ferrari and more like a German race car - precision equipment that will jar you on bumpy roads as the headphone will suck with bad recordings. The HD600 is the one that seems more like a Ferrari to me - the textured sound conveys an unquantifiable quality that you can easily enjoy, but not necessarily need by engineering standards, as much as one can enjoy the visceral sound of an engine spinning to 9,000RPM in an age when 7,000RPM GM V8s can beat 9,000RPM Ferrari V8s in GT2 and Audi diesels dominate the prototype class.
as a guy with headphones 12hours+ on head, i'm not going to do that.
comfort is important aspect for me.
I think guy3134 was responding to the suggestion he try a grado...which I would not want to wear for 12 hours a day! The HD600, on the other hand, is a different story.
Certain pads on the Grado lineup do help..
(Sennheiser HD414 pads, fabric dye mod)
But still would prefer the HD600 supreme comfort!
I'm in the market of buying a second hand HD600, what would be the going rate for a HD600? If I could get a mint (according to seller) five year old HD600 for $240 including shipping, should I (you) do it? This is my first full sized can to accompany my RE-272 IEM's.
Not to bad. I paid $225 shipped for mine.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Full size headphones for movie watching 1 minute ago
- › Plug Headphone directly to Soundcard broke 1 Headphone channel 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › I'm in Japan and don't know what to do! (next stop PRC) 5 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)