- 137 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: STP
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 496
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Great post. Really.
As much as we go back and forth regarding sound, perhaps we should all get a PhD in Psychoacoustics: the study of the perception of sound. This includes how we listen, our psychological responses, and the physiological impact of music and sound on the human nervous system.
In this forum you learn something every day.
That seems to be prevailing opinion, though when I listened to them through a Schiit Mjolnir, they were straight up bright.
I apologize ... didn't make it clear ... when I said ... your #2, what I mean is not a HP that's similar in sound signature. I mean a HP that's very different from HD600 such as Grados that you use for a different kind of music.
Example ... I think Grados are awesome for electric guitar music. Now, smooth jazz, etc ... not so great and that's where HD600 comes in.
while i never tried grado, i beg to differ.
with the hd600 i felt i'm listening to the most realistic guitar riffs i ever heard in my life.
same thing with drums.
Since we all hear things differently, it's really best for everyone to form their own opinion upon hearing a set of cans. Bright for me may be dull for others. That being said, I find the 600s to be a perfect balance and signature for my ears. YMMV
It's really hard not to like the HD600, I mean it's been around for so long and it still command such a strong following and it's still in production even after the release of HD650, 700 & 800. There must be something so good about the HD600 that it still appeal to a lot of people today.
If you like the sound signature, there is really nothing that can touch them at their price point, which is why they are to be my next set of cans...unless I decide to just bite the bullet and get 800s.
Go for it AnalogSavior, I contemplated for some time before biting the bullet like you and got myself the HD600. I'm so glad I did because it's always a pleasure listening to them. If you've got the money to splash then go for the HD800 instead
Edited by Francisk - 5/1/14 at 2:37pm
You need to try a grado. Maybe your opinion will remain, but, be open minded and give it a go if you haven't already.
I have. They both are realistic, the difference is that the Grado makes it sound like you're playing the drums in terms of the attack and tonality; the HD600s make it sound how you'd hear them from the audience.
I can't really comment on the the character and quality of various cables, but it was brought to my attention that HeadRoom sells a reterminated HD650 cable for $99.
Crutchfield was giving away free Sennheiser balanced cables with purchases of HD600 and HD650. I just ordered the HD650 last week and got the free cable. Not sure if the promo is still going on.
The deal seems to be only for the 650, 700, and 800. Its not a bad deal though.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 16 seconds ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 39 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock,... 5 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 6 minutes ago
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear