LCD-2's are a good pairing as well, falling to the other side of the spectrum from Grado's. I would call my HD600's my #2 pair of cans and my LCD-2's my #1 pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 494
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know, i was just messing around, im still young, my Stealth DC-1 should power these babys.
That was funny, i was just messing around, people post all that type of stuff on the internet, im not the type of person to do that, well mayby once in awhile as a JOKE. AFTER ALL IM ONLY HUMAN
That seems to happen with people from Wisconsin, JK, GO VIKINGS.
Comfort bending (covered here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/438898/hd650-hd600-hd580-comfortable-uncomfortable-or-fractured#post_5915650)
Other than that - no modding required IMHO, they are perfect as-is.
TY for this, i will look into it.
Theoretically, mass loading the driver baffle might tighten up the bass, given it's a relatively large area piece of plastic, but I have not yet figured out a way to do it that won't be messy as such requires some kind of heavy material to stick on it with adhesive. I came across an HD25 mod kit that has something like this but none of it for the HD600, and since I have no left-over Dynamat lying around as I haven't been into car audio in a while, I haven't any material to test it with.
TY for this.
An IEM for me - the Aurisonics ASG-2. I don't really see the need in having another pair of headphones at home when the HD600 does every genre from metal to jazz as I like it, although the bass could be just a little bit tighter. Originally planned on getting the Spirit Classic or K550 as portable headphones, but realized that with the heat here I'd still use them more as transportables. Might as well get one I can wear walking to the train station since I can still use them at my desk anwyay.
Edited by ProtegeManiac - 4/29/14 at 8:58pm
I was pretty excited to try the 700s and 800s at the March meet, and I felt like the 700s were a mix of the 650s and 800s. I'd definitely throw down cash for some sorta 600/800 mixture, maybe 750s in the future?
I really love my hd600 with my dx90.
I think it is even better than my se846.
Are there any ciem that are close to the hd600?
i Really love its natural presentation, and its bass and soundstage
I did try the um miralce demo today, find the mid a little bit recessed and the bass is too bad compared to hd600 and se846.
However the details of um miracle is truly amazing!
I think the Heir Audio 8.A is better in bass depth and detail, but the HD600 has more treble. Have a look into the Noble Audio series. The K10 should be superior to both.
For those HD600 lovers who have been looking for a closed back, I know its more expensive but the Alpha Dog is the first I've experienced that would satisfy. Of course, I had to pay a bit more to get there!
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 8 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 11 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 13 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear