or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 50

post #736 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Really wish to post here :( Is a HD580 owner qualified as a member of the HD600 appreciation thread member?



Probably.

 

Anyone do this?  http://apuresound.com/hdsennmod.html

 

I just did it to my 600s.  

post #737 of 17154

I only cut a hole at the middle of the foam, and (hd 580) got new grills.

 

Reference is Kramer's Darth Sennheiser thread

post #738 of 17154

Eee Pee,

In the end, I liked the senns better in stock form. They sort of lose a little of their creamy charm with that mod.

post #739 of 17154

Hello HD600 users!

I like the HD600 a ton. Although it could be a little brighter, I basically love the sound signature. I don't find them comfortable enough for long use. I've read that the Audio Technica line is good for less clamp/bigger heads. In your experience, is there one in the Audio Technica line that has a similar signature to the HD600?

post #740 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Hello HD600 users!

I like the HD600 a ton. Although it could be a little brighter, I basically love the sound signature. I don't find them comfortable enough for long use. I've read that the Audio Technica line is good for less clamp/bigger heads. In your experience, is there one in the Audio Technica line that has a similar signature to the HD600?



Not sure about Audio Technica, but I think Beyer DT880 could be what you're looking for. Both DT880 and HD600 are fantastic headphones but I thought the Beyers were little brighter. I personally find HD600's brightness perfect. smily_headphones1.gif

post #741 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

Eee Pee,

In the end, I liked the senns better in stock form. They sort of lose a little of their creamy charm with that mod.


Like the HD600 in stock form too. Personally and in a subjective manner, using different cables is good.  If that's a mod.
 

 

 

post #742 of 17154



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobaccoRoad View Post



Not sure about Audio Technica, but I think Beyer DT880 could be what you're looking for. Both DT880 and HD600 are fantastic headphones but I thought the Beyers were little brighter. I personally find HD600's brightness perfect. smily_headphones1.gif



Great advice!  I had both - and the DT880 is quite similar but with:

 - slightly recessed mids (compared to HD600)

 - better bass extension and a little more emphasis

 - better high extension, and also slightly more detailed

 

I did find them more comfortable.  Responds well to tubes - and helps warm the mid-range a little.

 

I'm same as TobaccoRoad - prefer the HD600 - but after selling my DT880s I still miss them - they really are a wonderful can!

post #743 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesDavis2 View Post


Like the HD600 in stock form too. Personally and in a subjective manner, using different cables is good.  If that's a mod.
 

 

 



I just discovered some awesome cables recently by the way. I have never heard as big an improvement from interconnects in the $100 level as these Pro CO interconnects I'm using right now. They are so good, I am having some made for my hd600s as we speak. I have a feeling they'll sound better than the equinox cables that I had before. Plus they are relatively cheap!

post #744 of 17154

I'm typically VERY hesitant to mod something that can't be put back to stock, which in this case is the little outer foam over the hole behind the driver.  But not this time.  I was easily swayed after reading this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/577060/irvine-orange-county-meet-impressions

 

I did pause for a second before yanking out the little foam... but only for a second.

 

 

 

post #745 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post





I just discovered some awesome cables recently by the way. I have never heard as big an improvement from interconnects in the $100 level as these Pro CO interconnects I'm using right now. They are so good, I am having some made for my hd600s as we speak. I have a feeling they'll sound better than the equinox cables that I had before. Plus they are relatively cheap!



Would love to know those cables.  Am trying to look for a 10 ft cable for the HD600. The silver dragon v3 is only 5ft and a longer one allows for more movement. Tried the stock cables last week as they are longer.  I had to install the silver dragon again as didn't get excited with the stock cables. Let me know how those cables turn out.

 

 

post #746 of 17154

I'll let you know how they compare with the stock wires when I get them

post #747 of 17154

Man, I've only had these since Monday and they've already eclipsed every set of headphones/IEMs I own. Everything just sounds so wonderful and euphonic through these cans.

 

One song I've found does an excellent job at making these sing is Stevie Wonder's "Visions"

 

I love these so much! They're everything I'd hoped they would be when I ordered them and so much more. beyersmile.png

post #748 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post

Man, I've only had these since Monday and they've already eclipsed every set of headphones/IEMs I own. Everything just sounds so wonderful and euphonic through these cans.

 

One song I've found does an excellent job at making these sing is Stevie Wonder's "Visions"

 

I love these so much! They're everything I'd hoped they would be when I ordered them and so much more. beyersmile.png


I've only got about 3-4 hours on mine and I feel the same way.  Just loving these things.  I keep thinking "There's nothing missing".  Highs, lows, mids: It's all there.  These cans are the complete package.  Really loving the sound-stage and the detail as well.  They've sounded great since I plugged them in.  I owe a big "Thank You" to this thread for helping talk me into getting these.

 

post #749 of 17154

MilesDavis2,

I just got the diy cables. Scroll down to my post with pics here http://www.headphiles.org/index.php/topic,3757.15.html

post #750 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

MilesDavis2,

I just got the diy cables. Scroll down to my post with pics here http://www.headphiles.org/index.php/topic,3757.15.html



That's a fine looking cable, Donunus. Would love to know more on the sound signature. Thanks for sharing. 10 ft?

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread