Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 Last post on 7/23/14 at 6:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Asgard 2 for HD600's and Monitor Speakers Last post on 7/3/14 at 8:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JH-5 vs DT770 Last post on 6/27/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD600 with extra HD650 cable Last post on 6/20/14 at 11:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- to much choices Last post on 6/23/14 at 7:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 484
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I sure wouldn't. I put the stock 650 cable on mine when the original had a break in it. $19 CDN It's a bit heavier than stock 600.
Right. I've only put Cardas on mine 'coz I could and had some cash to burn.
As a bonus, it has survived more than decade of abuse and few generations of cats with itchy teeth.
I have to hide my cans from my cats. The force is strong with your cable!
Yeah, it's perforated all along its length, but still working like a charm.
Right, right. When you say a bit on the warm side do you mean in comparison to, say, the Q701? 'Cause I found the Q701 definitely bass-light. Like, the information was there. It extends far enough. But there was no actual body.
I haven't heard the Q701. I would say in comparison to my Ety ER4P that it is definitely warmer. It's about on par with my Vsonic GR07, though that has some sub bass that the HD600 doesn't possess.
For me the HD600 gets the bass just about perfect. It's not loose and heavy, neither is it to tight / light or lacking body. For some records I prefer the bass presentation on these than I do on the HD800. Sometimes i find the 800s so controlled on the bass that the clean recordings with tight bass can lack a touch of body but the 600s get it just right. It's all relative of course , just after a walk with the dog listening to the momentums they sound bass light but after a couple of records my brain adjusts and it's perfectly integrated again.
The HD600 is what I'd consider to be pretty natural sounding in terms of the low end, but of course it may not satisfy all people - mostly not certain electronic, pop and hip hop listeners.
I quite enjoy them when I get the opportunity to borrow them from time to time, even with electronic, mainly because of how the synth tones are soo full bodied and vibrant.
To me they are perfect with Rock, Blues, Jazz in terms of bass amount and body.
And that is the beauty and danger of Prime!
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 20 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 39 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 43 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 55 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP100 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)