Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 472

post #7066 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post

Your not going to find an iem that sounds like any full sized open back headphone. Completely different designs that can not sound the same. Your question should be about finding a good iem with a good balanced sound in and of itself. You can't compare apples to oranges. So I'd comb the iem reviews for the qualities you like.

 

Thanks for the advice. So could you recommend one good balanced iem? I am indeed need one, my gf stole t51p and I travelled on daily basis "headphone-less"

post #7067 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadako View Post
 

 

Thanks for the advice. So could you recommend one good balanced iem? I am indeed need one, my gf stole t51p and I travelled on daily basis "headphone-less"

 

I think you'd like the TDK BA200, to me it sounds a lot like the HD600. Its a dual BA with nice bass but not bloated and the mids are really nice and highs are smooth but detailed, all in all its a very balanced IEM imo. 

post #7068 of 9554
post #7069 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Yup. I've purchased the HD600 yet again. I can't stay away... 



Anyone found a new, budget, solid-state amp that they love? I've owned the E9, E09K, Magni, O2, Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab V3 and Pico Power... Out of all of those, my favs have been the Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab and Pico Power, if that helps. Headroom Micro's are tough to find, E09K is too dark, O2 lacks dynamics (imo), SR71A and Pico Power are too spendy, and V3 is discontinued. 



Thanks! 




Hi Isaiah.

I still consider the Audio-gd NFB entry series as being incredible value for money, and perfect with the HD600. I own the NFB-12 (equivalent today's NFB-15 http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB15/NFB15EN.htm = USD235 + freight).

If you wanted the Sabre equivalent - the NFB 11.32 (http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1132/NFB11.32EN.htm = USD299 + freight)

Paul
post #7070 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadako View Post
 

 

Thanks for the advice. So could you recommend one good balanced iem? I am indeed need one, my gf stole t51p and I travelled on daily basis "headphone-less"

I am a huge fan of the Hifiman in ears.  I got the original RE0 when it came out, and I haven't found anything I want to "upgrade" to yet.  The RE400 is an unbelievable value and killer IEM.  the RE600 is better, but a huge cost.  With the RE series, its all about fit.  if you find the right tip and seal, your blown away.  when i got my RE0, I hated it, till I found a tip that fit me, then I was a happy camper.  just keep that in mind as you are trying things out.

post #7071 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 

I am a huge fan of the Hifiman in ears.  I got the original RE0 when it came out, and I haven't found anything I want to "upgrade" to yet.  The RE400 is an unbelievable value and killer IEM.  the RE600 is better, but a huge cost.  With the RE series, its all about fit.  if you find the right tip and seal, your blown away.  when i got my RE0, I hated it, till I found a tip that fit me, then I was a happy camper.  just keep that in mind as you are trying things out.


I have the RE-400....use it on the go and in bed....love it.....great sound.

post #7072 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelThaBeat View Post
 

 

I think you'd like the TDK BA200, to me it sounds a lot like the HD600. Its a dual BA with nice bass but not bloated and the mids are really nice and highs are smooth but detailed, all in all its a very balanced IEM imo. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 

I am a huge fan of the Hifiman in ears.  I got the original RE0 when it came out, and I haven't found anything I want to "upgrade" to yet.  The RE400 is an unbelievable value and killer IEM.  the RE600 is better, but a huge cost.  With the RE series, its all about fit.  if you find the right tip and seal, your blown away.  when i got my RE0, I hated it, till I found a tip that fit me, then I was a happy camper.  just keep that in mind as you are trying things out.

 

Thanks both of you. TDK BA200 and re-400 both are superb quality IEM, and i might be choosing re-400, because its easier to find around here, and well the price is certainly the big factor. Cant wait to have it soon. Cheers for the advice! :D

post #7073 of 9554

Definitely look into the RE0, it has a similar frequency response.

 

Also the T-PEOS H200.

post #7074 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

Yup. I've purchased the HD600 yet again. I can't stay away... 

 

Anyone found a new, budget, solid-state amp that they love? I've owned the E9, E09K, Magni, O2, Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab V3 and Pico Power... Out of all of those, my favs have been the Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab and Pico Power, if that helps. Headroom Micro's are tough to find, E09K is too dark, O2 lacks dynamics (imo), SR71A and Pico Power are too spendy, and V3 is discontinued. 

 

Thanks! 

 

Congrats!

 

Hmm, maybe the Lake People G103? I think you can get it for under $300. Lots of power and should be very neutral.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620082/lake-people-g109-g103-thread


Edited by devhen - 3/18/14 at 3:08am
post #7075 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

 

Congrats!

 

Hmm, maybe the Lake People G103? I think you can get it for under $300. Lots of power and should be very neutral.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620082/lake-people-g109-g103-thread

I have a G109S and it's great with the HD600s .

post #7076 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

Seems to be a lot of repeat purchasers for the HD600s.
That's one reason I'll be afraid to sell mine
post #7077 of 9554

Save yourself some money and just keep them.  :biggrin:

post #7078 of 9554

 

Seems like the Custom Art Music One is getting a great review here. I know I should look further into this topic, because I've always wondered whether there's an IEM sounding quite similar to the HD 600 or not. What caught my eye was "natural", which perfectly describes the HD 600. Anyone who's tried these IEMs?

post #7079 of 9554

Have both HD600 & Music One. I love both but to me they don't sound similar.

HD600 have more bass, sweety medium & unoffensive highs. Music one are even flatter with maybe a very slight peak in high-mids & a little bit less bass.

TO MY EARS of course :D

post #7080 of 9554
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1013 View Post


I have constant tinnitus, clenching my teeth doesn't affect it one way or the other.

Me too.  Not noticeable during the day with even day to day noises around me.  Probably why I enjoy headphones (not too loud), because it drowns out my low level tinnitus!  Doesn't seem to get any worse with headphone or IEM use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread