Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 463

post #6931 of 8413

The HD 600/650 does seem like it has a wider spread of positive comments out there than most. It should. :)

post #6932 of 8413

New hd 600 owner, Which Toxic cables should i get for my hd 600? Any recommendations?

post #6933 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI Zz View Post
 

New hd 600 owner, Which Toxic cables should i get for my hd 600? Any recommendations?

HD650 cable is recommended by a lot of people because it's cheap and a bit thicker.  I haven't had any problems with the build quality of the stock HD600 cable though.  

 

Don't think you'll find too many answers here about cables.  I can guarantee you people are going to say "I think the engineers that made the HD600s did a better job than any 3rd party vendor could." :3

post #6934 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI Zz View Post
 

New hd 600 owner, Which Toxic cables should i get for my hd 600? Any recommendations?

 

I'd stick with the stock cable or the HD650 cable unless you have no better use for the money. 

 

Or if you want a shorter cable you can always go for some of the cheaper options. My 1.3m Oyaide cable cost me around 60 bucks. It's not the cheapest thing out there, but hey, the thing looks pretty damn good :D

post #6935 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post

I'd stick with the stock cable or the HD650 cable unless you have no better use for the money. 

Or if you want a shorter cable you can always go for some of the cheaper options. My 1.3m Oyaide cable cost me around 60 bucks. It's not the cheapest thing out there, but hey, the thing looks pretty damn good biggrin.gif

I wanna know if any toxic cable owners here who have a good combination with the hd 600. Ps I'm a strong believer of toxic cables providing improved sound quality biggrin.gif
post #6936 of 8413

Here you go, pages and pages of threads regarding their cables: http://www.head-fi.org/toxic-cables

post #6937 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI Zz View Post


I wanna know if any toxic cable owners here who have a good combination with the hd 600. Ps I'm a strong believer of toxic cables providing improved sound quality biggrin.gif

 

Well Frank recommended the Black Widow a few weeks back when I asked him for something to make the HD600 less bright. I didn't go for it since I ended up buying my WA6, but perhaps you can look around the threads linked above ^. 

post #6938 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post


Well it is the 600 appreciation thread!


 So true!  What was I thinking?

 

I think I mean to say cult like behavior coming from the Senheisser crowd in general.  The HD600/650/700/800 neither are flawless on it's own.  The Cult of Sennheisser gets a bit ridiculous sometimes IMHO.  I could post that on any of the threads...but I think the HD600 thread contains knowledgeable and very open minded posters in general. 

post #6939 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post


Well it is the 600 appreciation thread!


 So true!  What was I thinking?

 

I think I mean to say cult like behavior coming from the Senheisser crowd in general.  The HD600/650/700/800 neither are flawless on it's own.  The Cult of Sennheisser gets a bit ridiculous sometimes IMHO.  I could post that on any of the threads...but I think the HD600 thread contains knowledgeable and very open minded posters in general. 

 

No headphone is without its flaws. I like to use this reality as a handy tool for filtering all of the head-fi... uh... "noise". Hehe. Those who understand that no headphone is perfect, and can quickly and effectively spot their flaws rather than getting endlessly lost in the admittedly euphoric experience of listening, are the ones who's impressions I tend to trust. ;)

 

I love each one of my headphones in different ways, flaws and all. :)

post #6940 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 


 So true!  What was I thinking?

 

I think I mean to say cult like behavior coming from the Senheisser crowd in general.  The HD600/650/700/800 neither are flawless on it's own.  The Cult of Sennheisser gets a bit ridiculous sometimes IMHO.  I could post that on any of the threads...but I think the HD600 thread contains knowledgeable and very open minded posters in general. 

 

You are unworthy.

 

God has one name: Sennheiser.

You must bow and repeat....

post #6941 of 8413

Oh no...I have blasphemed the God of headphones. :biggrin:

 

Senheisser...please forgive me.  I shall now present the sacrificial NOS tube for forgiveness.

post #6942 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 


 So true!  What was I thinking?

 

I think I mean to say cult like behavior coming from the Senheisser crowd in general.  The HD600/650/700/800 neither are flawless on it's own.  The Cult of Sennheisser gets a bit ridiculous sometimes IMHO.  I could post that on any of the threads...but I think the HD600 thread contains knowledgeable and very open minded posters in general. 

 

Funny you mention this.

My wife continually tells me that ALL of Headfi resembles a cult....

post #6943 of 8413
You let your wife on here???!
post #6944 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

You let your wife on here???!

 

Not intentionally :biggrin:

She's sneaky though....

post #6945 of 8413
We'll have to start talking in code. Especially re prices!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread