Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 448
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got HD 650 drivers for an extra HD 580 parts pile I had! I haven't gotten to use them as I'm on vacation, but I will be comparing with my HD 600 and Modi/Vali stack. I'm so excited and may just keep both since my "HD 650" cost me roughly $120. I really don't know how these could be "better" than the HD 600. Although some people say the HE-300 sounds like a poor man's HD 650, and I love my HE-300. Can't wait to get home on Thursday!
Do you have an extra "Made in Ireland" plug by any chance?
Edited by Francisk - 2/25/14 at 7:58pm
From what I've read before that might be the Ortofon EQ7, but I think that's out of production now. I'm using the Aurisonics ASG-1, and it's a lot more like (how some people, not including me, tend to describe) the HD650 but with even less treble on it. So basically think of it as mostly similar enough from around 80hz to 10khz, at which point the ASG-1 begins to lose response, then disappears past 12khz at listening volume.* Take note though I'm willing to compromise on this for the fit and how much easier it is to get to a good volume without distortion.**
*up to 16khz is audible if I put the D-Zero at max volume; on the HD600 it goes well into 22khz at listening volume, then the test tone I used stops at 25khz, which was still faintly audible
**most inexpensive dynamic driver IEMs have boosted bass that smartphone audio chips can't rein in properly, and as such it actually sounds more controlled than my MEE M6P
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 8:48am
The problem is how to do that without spending several hundred bucks or more. You can walk into a store or a meet and don an HD800 for example and then take it off after; with those IEMs the best you can get is a sponsored event with a universal-type shell like the Aurisonics for custom IEM demos, which even then for all you know would sound different when you're using a custom shell vs the foam tips that were used on the demo units.
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 5:21pm
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 29 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 37 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado SR100. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 or Fiio e10k? 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 with level 1 Lawton Mods and Lawton pads (Shipping... 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › LG G6 wont have Quad DAC in US 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit yggy 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear