Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Will wearing the DT990 in public be a problem? Last post on 12/20/14 at 3:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser build problems anyone? Last post on 12/15/14 at 6:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 vs DT990 Pro Last post on 12/22/14 at 12:15pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Do u trust Frequence Response Graph ?? Innerfidelity Last post on 12/7/14 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 selling for less than HD 600 on amazon Last post on 12/11/14 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 448
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got HD 650 drivers for an extra HD 580 parts pile I had! I haven't gotten to use them as I'm on vacation, but I will be comparing with my HD 600 and Modi/Vali stack. I'm so excited and may just keep both since my "HD 650" cost me roughly $120. I really don't know how these could be "better" than the HD 600. Although some people say the HE-300 sounds like a poor man's HD 650, and I love my HE-300. Can't wait to get home on Thursday!
Do you have an extra "Made in Ireland" plug by any chance?
Edited by Francisk - 2/25/14 at 7:58pm
From what I've read before that might be the Ortofon EQ7, but I think that's out of production now. I'm using the Aurisonics ASG-1, and it's a lot more like (how some people, not including me, tend to describe) the HD650 but with even less treble on it. So basically think of it as mostly similar enough from around 80hz to 10khz, at which point the ASG-1 begins to lose response, then disappears past 12khz at listening volume.* Take note though I'm willing to compromise on this for the fit and how much easier it is to get to a good volume without distortion.**
*up to 16khz is audible if I put the D-Zero at max volume; on the HD600 it goes well into 22khz at listening volume, then the test tone I used stops at 25khz, which was still faintly audible
**most inexpensive dynamic driver IEMs have boosted bass that smartphone audio chips can't rein in properly, and as such it actually sounds more controlled than my MEE M6P
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 8:48am
The problem is how to do that without spending several hundred bucks or more. You can walk into a store or a meet and don an HD800 for example and then take it off after; with those IEMs the best you can get is a sponsored event with a universal-type shell like the Aurisonics for custom IEM demos, which even then for all you know would sound different when you're using a custom shell vs the foam tips that were used on the demo units.
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 5:21pm
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 1 minute ago
- › Where to buy akg k712 earpad replacement! HELP 2 minutes ago
- › What Are Some of Your Favorite Sad Songs 3 minutes ago
- › For HD600, stay with iBasso D-zero or get Magni? 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Iphone 5 compatible with fiio amps?
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3