Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 448
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got HD 650 drivers for an extra HD 580 parts pile I had! I haven't gotten to use them as I'm on vacation, but I will be comparing with my HD 600 and Modi/Vali stack. I'm so excited and may just keep both since my "HD 650" cost me roughly $120. I really don't know how these could be "better" than the HD 600. Although some people say the HE-300 sounds like a poor man's HD 650, and I love my HE-300. Can't wait to get home on Thursday!
Do you have an extra "Made in Ireland" plug by any chance?
Edited by Francisk - 2/25/14 at 7:58pm
From what I've read before that might be the Ortofon EQ7, but I think that's out of production now. I'm using the Aurisonics ASG-1, and it's a lot more like (how some people, not including me, tend to describe) the HD650 but with even less treble on it. So basically think of it as mostly similar enough from around 80hz to 10khz, at which point the ASG-1 begins to lose response, then disappears past 12khz at listening volume.* Take note though I'm willing to compromise on this for the fit and how much easier it is to get to a good volume without distortion.**
*up to 16khz is audible if I put the D-Zero at max volume; on the HD600 it goes well into 22khz at listening volume, then the test tone I used stops at 25khz, which was still faintly audible
**most inexpensive dynamic driver IEMs have boosted bass that smartphone audio chips can't rein in properly, and as such it actually sounds more controlled than my MEE M6P
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 8:48am
The problem is how to do that without spending several hundred bucks or more. You can walk into a store or a meet and don an HD800 for example and then take it off after; with those IEMs the best you can get is a sponsored event with a universal-type shell like the Aurisonics for custom IEM demos, which even then for all you know would sound different when you're using a custom shell vs the foam tips that were used on the demo units.
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 5:21pm
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 28 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 4 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 7 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...