Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 3/24/17 at 5:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 4/3/17 at 11:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 448
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got HD 650 drivers for an extra HD 580 parts pile I had! I haven't gotten to use them as I'm on vacation, but I will be comparing with my HD 600 and Modi/Vali stack. I'm so excited and may just keep both since my "HD 650" cost me roughly $120. I really don't know how these could be "better" than the HD 600. Although some people say the HE-300 sounds like a poor man's HD 650, and I love my HE-300. Can't wait to get home on Thursday!
Do you have an extra "Made in Ireland" plug by any chance?
Edited by Francisk - 2/25/14 at 7:58pm
From what I've read before that might be the Ortofon EQ7, but I think that's out of production now. I'm using the Aurisonics ASG-1, and it's a lot more like (how some people, not including me, tend to describe) the HD650 but with even less treble on it. So basically think of it as mostly similar enough from around 80hz to 10khz, at which point the ASG-1 begins to lose response, then disappears past 12khz at listening volume.* Take note though I'm willing to compromise on this for the fit and how much easier it is to get to a good volume without distortion.**
*up to 16khz is audible if I put the D-Zero at max volume; on the HD600 it goes well into 22khz at listening volume, then the test tone I used stops at 25khz, which was still faintly audible
**most inexpensive dynamic driver IEMs have boosted bass that smartphone audio chips can't rein in properly, and as such it actually sounds more controlled than my MEE M6P
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 8:48am
The problem is how to do that without spending several hundred bucks or more. You can walk into a store or a meet and don an HD800 for example and then take it off after; with those IEMs the best you can get is a sponsored event with a universal-type shell like the Aurisonics for custom IEM demos, which even then for all you know would sound different when you're using a custom shell vs the foam tips that were used on the demo units.
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 5:21pm
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear