Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 448
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got HD 650 drivers for an extra HD 580 parts pile I had! I haven't gotten to use them as I'm on vacation, but I will be comparing with my HD 600 and Modi/Vali stack. I'm so excited and may just keep both since my "HD 650" cost me roughly $120. I really don't know how these could be "better" than the HD 600. Although some people say the HE-300 sounds like a poor man's HD 650, and I love my HE-300. Can't wait to get home on Thursday!
Do you have an extra "Made in Ireland" plug by any chance?
Edited by Francisk - 2/25/14 at 7:58pm
From what I've read before that might be the Ortofon EQ7, but I think that's out of production now. I'm using the Aurisonics ASG-1, and it's a lot more like (how some people, not including me, tend to describe) the HD650 but with even less treble on it. So basically think of it as mostly similar enough from around 80hz to 10khz, at which point the ASG-1 begins to lose response, then disappears past 12khz at listening volume.* Take note though I'm willing to compromise on this for the fit and how much easier it is to get to a good volume without distortion.**
*up to 16khz is audible if I put the D-Zero at max volume; on the HD600 it goes well into 22khz at listening volume, then the test tone I used stops at 25khz, which was still faintly audible
**most inexpensive dynamic driver IEMs have boosted bass that smartphone audio chips can't rein in properly, and as such it actually sounds more controlled than my MEE M6P
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 8:48am
The problem is how to do that without spending several hundred bucks or more. You can walk into a store or a meet and don an HD800 for example and then take it off after; with those IEMs the best you can get is a sponsored event with a universal-type shell like the Aurisonics for custom IEM demos, which even then for all you know would sound different when you're using a custom shell vs the foam tips that were used on the demo units.
Edited by Francisk - 2/26/14 at 5:21pm
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › What color should I paint my HD6X0s 37 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 6 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 8 minutes ago
- › Astel & Kern 240 paired with the AKG k702 ? 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3