- 682 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for comfort/deep over ear phones Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Brown Innovations Virtuoso Amplifier/Active Equalizer / O1198 Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUAD PA-One Valve Headphone Amplifier and DAC Last post on 9/16/14 at 8:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 446
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should buy another headphone then , an HD 600 will not be much better on a A-GD if at all ...
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 2/23/14 at 9:20am
While there's never been a debate that cable upgrades for higher quality and better reliability can be cost justified,
I've done the due diligence searching the head-fi forums for more than 'my new cable sounds awesome', but haven't been successful.
Can anyone point me to any objective testing that has been done on this subject? Thanks.
As I said, I did the search and didn't find any specific tests, which you've confirmed. Why is it not legitimate to ask if such testing has been done if I do the search and find none? There's so much talk about the improvement cables make, for someone new to this site, it would be logical that there would be some objective data to show it. I asked because I'm considering a cable upgrade (just for some decreased length and in order to have a spare) and wanted to see some details...something more convincing than a subjective comment about sound improvement without data to support it.
Anyway, I didn't mean to start anything. I'd just like to know.
Edited by stevetoney - 2/23/14 at 10:32am
Will hook you up with many believers.
More sceptical views will be found in the Sound Science forum. One thread here looks like it may be of interest to you.
Personally, I suggest that you have bought one of the finest headphones available. I wouldn't bother trying to "improve " them.
If the cable is annoyingly long maybe get another stock cable, cut it and solder a new plug onto it.
Edited by krismusic - 2/23/14 at 10:47am
It is a topic that doesn't belong in this post, which is where your diligence comes in.
If you just read the previous two days of posts in this thread you would understand that this is not to place to start this discussion.
Krismusic's suggestions will be good reads...cheers!
Now that is an appropriate post for an appreciation thread!
You forgot the part about saving your $$$$ to buy more music instead...cheers!
Thanks for the links krismusic. I appreciate it.
If you like that one try his "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House". The combination of his performance and the acoustics of the venue is stunning.
Oh yeah, this one is amazing.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Band Name Game II 38 seconds ago
- › HD 598 Upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs? 6 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K545 in mint condition! 8 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)