- 711 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Does every company have their particular sound? Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- amp or headphone advice Last post on 10/1/14 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- amp & headphone advice? Last post on 10/6/14 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for comfort/deep over ear phones Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Brown Innovations Virtuoso Amplifier/Active Equalizer / O1198 Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 446
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should buy another headphone then , an HD 600 will not be much better on a A-GD if at all ...
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 2/23/14 at 9:20am
While there's never been a debate that cable upgrades for higher quality and better reliability can be cost justified,
I've done the due diligence searching the head-fi forums for more than 'my new cable sounds awesome', but haven't been successful.
Can anyone point me to any objective testing that has been done on this subject? Thanks.
As I said, I did the search and didn't find any specific tests, which you've confirmed. Why is it not legitimate to ask if such testing has been done if I do the search and find none? There's so much talk about the improvement cables make, for someone new to this site, it would be logical that there would be some objective data to show it. I asked because I'm considering a cable upgrade (just for some decreased length and in order to have a spare) and wanted to see some details...something more convincing than a subjective comment about sound improvement without data to support it.
Anyway, I didn't mean to start anything. I'd just like to know.
Edited by stevetoney - 2/23/14 at 10:32am
Will hook you up with many believers.
More sceptical views will be found in the Sound Science forum. One thread here looks like it may be of interest to you.
Personally, I suggest that you have bought one of the finest headphones available. I wouldn't bother trying to "improve " them.
If the cable is annoyingly long maybe get another stock cable, cut it and solder a new plug onto it.
Edited by krismusic - 2/23/14 at 10:47am
It is a topic that doesn't belong in this post, which is where your diligence comes in.
If you just read the previous two days of posts in this thread you would understand that this is not to place to start this discussion.
Krismusic's suggestions will be good reads...cheers!
Now that is an appropriate post for an appreciation thread!
You forgot the part about saving your $$$$ to buy more music instead...cheers!
Thanks for the links krismusic. I appreciate it.
If you like that one try his "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House". The combination of his performance and the acoustics of the venue is stunning.
Oh yeah, this one is amazing.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › An earbud to fit like no other 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)