- 672 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 7:04 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't decided between the Fidelio X1, HD598, or HD600 Last post on 9/11/14 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- closed equivalent of hd600?? Last post on 9/7/14 at 1:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- how good are ciems? Last post on 9/10/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 446
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should buy another headphone then , an HD 600 will not be much better on a A-GD if at all ...
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 2/23/14 at 9:20am
While there's never been a debate that cable upgrades for higher quality and better reliability can be cost justified,
I've done the due diligence searching the head-fi forums for more than 'my new cable sounds awesome', but haven't been successful.
Can anyone point me to any objective testing that has been done on this subject? Thanks.
As I said, I did the search and didn't find any specific tests, which you've confirmed. Why is it not legitimate to ask if such testing has been done if I do the search and find none? There's so much talk about the improvement cables make, for someone new to this site, it would be logical that there would be some objective data to show it. I asked because I'm considering a cable upgrade (just for some decreased length and in order to have a spare) and wanted to see some details...something more convincing than a subjective comment about sound improvement without data to support it.
Anyway, I didn't mean to start anything. I'd just like to know.
Edited by stevetoney - 2/23/14 at 10:32am
Will hook you up with many believers.
More sceptical views will be found in the Sound Science forum. One thread here looks like it may be of interest to you.
Personally, I suggest that you have bought one of the finest headphones available. I wouldn't bother trying to "improve " them.
If the cable is annoyingly long maybe get another stock cable, cut it and solder a new plug onto it.
Edited by krismusic - 2/23/14 at 10:47am
It is a topic that doesn't belong in this post, which is where your diligence comes in.
If you just read the previous two days of posts in this thread you would understand that this is not to place to start this discussion.
Krismusic's suggestions will be good reads...cheers!
Now that is an appropriate post for an appreciation thread!
You forgot the part about saving your $$$$ to buy more music instead...cheers!
Thanks for the links krismusic. I appreciate it.
If you like that one try his "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House". The combination of his performance and the acoustics of the venue is stunning.
Oh yeah, this one is amazing.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Fischer Audio Old Skool 33 1/3 RPM, Old Skool '70 2 seconds ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Albania +91- 9950620150 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Switzerland +91- 9950620150 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)