Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 444

post #6646 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

 

StanD is standing at guard of our weathered wallets. :o

No! He's driving down the price of ALL my after market cables! :eek: 

post #6647 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

No! He's driving down the price of ALL my after market cables! :eek: 

 

He's my wife's silent hero...

post #6648 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

 

He's my wife's silent hero...

silent?????

She probably mails him a cookie after every 'get off my lawn' post!


Edited by parbaked - 2/22/14 at 12:47pm
post #6649 of 8970

BTW, it seems that my hearing is finally adapted and music listening is enjoyable again. Doesn't seem too bright and forward anymore.

I think I had some sort of inner ear inflammation, making it painful and overly sensitive.

post #6650 of 8970

That is good news...cheers!

post #6651 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
 

BTW, it seems that my hearing is finally adapted and music listening is enjoyable again. Doesn't seem too bright and forward anymore.

I think I had some sort of inner ear inflammation, making it painful and overly sensitive.

 

I think ones ears have tremendous ability to adapt. My hearing is below average. But I still can pick out a good pair of headphones or amp. My ears in what they can perceive must be picking up the right cues from somewhere, and the music reproduction shows up better accordingly.

 

Bob Graham

post #6652 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

The HD600 doesn't scale well, because it doesn't have to. If your amp can meet it's driving requirements, which are not the demanding, you will be in great shape. It's reasonable sensitive, any good amp that can get the right Vp-p (Peak to Peak Voltage) on a 300 Ohm load as well as deal the HD600's impedance curve will do a superb job. Actually the impedance curve shouldn't be an issue.

 

I completely disagree.  The HD600s scale tremendously well.  In fact, they are legendary for their scaling in all kinds of review and audiophile circles.  I have tried mine on many amps, and I can confirm they scale extremely well.  When driven by Trafomatic Head One, it's basically endgame for me.  On my FiiO E11, it's just the start of the journey. 

post #6653 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
 

 

I completely disagree.  The HD600s scale tremendously well.  In fact, they are legendary for their scaling in all kinds of review and audiophile circles.  I have tried mine on many amps, and I can confirm they scale extremely well.  When driven by Trafomatic Head One, it's basically endgame for me.  On my FiiO E11, it's just the start of the journey. 

 

I think it's the game of diminishing returns at some point. Question is - where is the point?

post #6654 of 8970

I think it's semantics around the definition of scaling...let's steer this discussion back to cables...please...


Edited by parbaked - 2/22/14 at 2:30pm
post #6655 of 8970

I moved my iStreamer into my headphone rig replacing an LOD cable. 

The sound is even better especially as these amps need 2 vrms to sing.

This also got rid of some interference I was getting over the LOD cable - maybe because of the wifi in the iPad.

AppleMark

HRT is a good piece of kit...keeps it simple

post #6656 of 8970
As this is the HD600 appreciation thread I think we can take the quality of the headphones as a given. No one is talking about Apple earbuds.
post #6657 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

Interesting...why did swap out a Burson and a V200 before getting your current DAC/amps.
Do they all sound the same or were the Burson and V200 flawed/colored
Is the O2 is perfectly transparent?
If O2 is transparent why buy the HDVD800?
I don't want to waste my $$$ if I can just get an O2 eek.gif !
Thanks...Cheers!

Good question . Simply put, the v200 / O2 / hdvd800 sound the same. The burson had an audible noise floor. I hoped the hdvd800s higher output impedance would add a touch of warmth to the hd800 but I don't think it does( only done sighted comparisons with O2) I now use the hdvd800 because it looks pretty and I can have both my hd650/800 plugged in together and it has optical in for ps4. I use the O2 for se535s and nad viso hp50.
post #6658 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-uk View Post


I now use the hdvd800 because it looks pretty and I can have both my hd650/800 plugged in together and it has optical in for ps4. 

It sure is pretty...enjoy...cheers!

post #6659 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I assume that you meant HD600 cans, not HD800's. If you want to gift me a pair HD800's, then anything you say :D

Nice catch...post be gone...StanD be fast!

post #6660 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

I think it's semantics around the definition of scaling...let's steer this discussion back to cables...please...

This thread isn't exclusively about cables, it's about the HD600, right?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread