- 1,784 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Yesterday at 10:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 9/19/14 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't decided between the Fidelio X1, HD598, or HD600 Last post on 9/11/14 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 439
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok I have a nice little DIY silver cable and it sounds good but compared to the stock cable there's not much of a difference, they sound a bit more clear but that's about it. So I was wanting to know if Cardas cables make much of a difference compared to the stock ones. For $200 I could get other things but if it makes the 600's sound clearer and cleaner I'd be happy to buy one.
It wouldn't make $200 difference, but hey, it's your money. I have Cardas myself (I too had some money to burn 10 years ago), but I'd never pay that today.
Edited by madwolfa - 2/19/14 at 10:41pm
Sounds good to me. If anyone wants to contribute money to a cable maker, have fun, you have been informed.
Reminds me of Coconut-Audio.com's slogan "To get the best sound, you should spend at least 95% of your entire system on our cables, 4% on our tweaks, and 1% on electronics"
Sadly I make my money on cables (sales job @ electronics store), some of the employees get so caught up in their lies about monster cable that they actually start to believe it themselves.
Edited by TsukiNick - 2/19/14 at 11:01pm
Thanks allot to all of you for the help on my search for a second pair of headphones. A special thanks goes to Brooko who did a very good analysis between the Beyers DT880 and the Senn HD600. Because all of your help, I will be ordering the HD600s from Amazon very soon. I just sold my trailer home, so as soon as the check clears I will use part of it to buy the phones.
Look at what this addiction is doing to me! ;-)
Make sure you check back at razor Dog to see if you can use the $100 coupon for your cans when they are back in stock.
what StanD is talking about is this site.
But there is more to the story than this. When you go to the site it tells you the Sennheiser HD 600s are out of stock. Also else where on the site it tells you Sennheiser is excluded from the hundred dollar rebate. But there is a parentheses next to the HD 600s which says ($100). When you call to arrange a preorder and ask if the parentheses means you could get the $100 the man tells you Sennheiser will not let him give the full hundred dollars but for Head-Fi members he will give $80 Sennheiser allows him to do that.
Consequently I have one on preorder for the preorder price of $319.95.
Gotta partially disagree here.
changing cables isn't going to fix your headphones if they don't sound good. I agree. But saying that cables make no difference just isn't true. Some cables do indeed change the sound. now, weather its better or not is up to the listener.
I used to be in the "cables are BS" camp as well, until I got a chance to do some back to back comparisons with the cables I mentioned above. Having said that, i'd never spend big bucks on a boutique cable. Just something solid, that looks nice, and is made with quality materials at a fair price is a good buy. But always see if you can return it. placebo is real as well.
That is why we have double blind tests. Careful testing always, and I mean ALWAYS, shows cables do not affect the sound so long as they are well designed and appropriate to their use. Really long, super thin cables can have a minor audible effect. Pretty much the same goes for amps unless they are actually designed to sound different and that means not flat or more distortion.
What do you plan to use with the HD600? I just got myself a WA6 for my own HD600. I really enjoy the overall warmer sound when compared to the Vali. However I still prefer the Vali for several tracks.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 34 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › hd650 enquiry 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic t51p vs Sennheiser Momentum - advise appreciated? 2 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 5 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 11 minutes ago
- › Replacement tips and comfortable IEMs 11 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 12 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)