Just talked with a chap on eBay, selling his X-CAN V3 with X-PSU... Said he honestly didn't hear much improvement compared to wallwart on his HD600..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing an external sound card for good headphones (HD 600-650, DT 880-990, etc.) Last post on 8/4/14 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 Last post on 8/21/14 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Asgard 2 for HD600's and Monitor Speakers Last post on 7/3/14 at 8:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JH-5 vs DT770 Last post on 6/27/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD600 with extra HD650 cable Last post on 6/20/14 at 11:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 422
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You are correct, it is the V2 X-PSU that is an upgrade - the V3 just adds the ability to power multiple X-Units and get rid of the wallwart. The V2 PSU is not compatible with your V3 unit.
Yeah, you need to get the HD800 to hear the difference !!
(I'm joking, congrats on the 600s = my favorite cans!)
I hope you don't faint when the doorbell rings. So I expect we'll be hearing all sorts of fun stories from you, very soon.
Just opened up my new HD600s, plugged them into the Mini-i Pro for the first time, and I instantly feel like such an idiot.
I feel like such an idiot for being a member of this site for this long, and not owning these earlier.
haha - you and I both, we buy and sell many headphones.
But these.. I think these are mine to stay. They are a perfect companion for the LCD 2.2. Alpha and omega, yin and yang.
Will they be sitting on the couch with you?
Don't you like the quality of treble? It's perfectly there but not annoying in any way. Mids are spot on. The bass isn't overwhelming but it's there alright, I tend to EQ up the below 100hz bass.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Q701 impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 2 minutes ago
- › My $20 sound better than my $200 headphones. why? 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-07-30 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › Microphone for commentary and Skype 5 minutes ago
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Typhoon859
- › Future Sonics mg6pro by Kunlun
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by LeoTheAwesome
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)