or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 412

post #6166 of 17133

Is 12ohms to high of an output impedance for the HD600?

post #6167 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

It's hard to say the best and what best you're mean. O2 is a nice amp with no extra flavor for your HD600.

 

It's not hard if you are looking for a neutral amp with more than adequate power.

If you want color and inconsistency(not to mention expense):

 

tubes.

post #6168 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Is 12ohms to high of an output impedance for the HD600?


 No.

 

Try them balanced out of your pre-amp - it might work.

post #6169 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Is 12ohms to high of an output impedance for the HD600?

 

Opinion and preference only.

post #6170 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 


 No.

 

 

In an objective world I agree!

post #6171 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 


 No.

 

Try them balanced out of your pre-amp - it might work.

 

"Try them balanced out of your pre-amp - it might work."

 

Please elaborate...

post #6172 of 17133

The output of a pre-amp is generally a lot higher than out of a good jack.  The HD600 is 300ohm - they have been designed to work out of the old 120ohm headphone jack imperdance.  Some say going straight from their source to the can and bypassing the headamp altogether gave positive results.  I personally am not sold on that idea.

post #6173 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

The output of a pre-amp is generally a lot higher than out of a good jack.  The HD600 is 300ohm - they have been designed to work out of the old 120ohm headphone jack imperdance.  Some say going straight from their source to the can and bypassing the headamp altogether gave positive results.  I personally am not sold on that idea.

 

"they have been designed to work out of the old 120ohm headphone jack imperdance"

 

Really?

 

Proof please....

post #6174 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

The output of a pre-amp is generally a lot higher than out of a good jack.  The HD600 is 300ohm - they have been designed to work out of the old 120ohm headphone jack imperdance.  Some say going straight from their source to the can and bypassing the headamp altogether gave positive results.  I personally am not sold on that idea.

 

I don't understand this post at all.

post #6175 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 


 No.

 

Try them balanced out of your pre-amp - it might work.

 

120, 12 what's the difference....

post #6176 of 17133

O2 winner as a reference amp in 200$

 

now which amp sounds closest to the O2?

 

How is Magni compared to O2?

 

FiiO E12? [Said to be most neutral portable amp in 200$]

post #6177 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo JoKeR View Post

O2 winner as a reference amp in 200$

now which amp sounds closest to the O2?

How is Magni compared to O2?

FiiO E12? [Said to be most neutral portable amp in 200$]

Have you considered a M-Stage?
post #6178 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

The output of a pre-amp is generally a lot higher than out of a good jack.  The HD600 is 300ohm - they have been designed to work out of the old 120ohm headphone jack imperdance.  Some say going straight from their source to the can and bypassing the headamp altogether gave positive results.  I personally am not sold on that idea.

 

The 120 ohms nominal output impedance  came from the IEC 61938 Standard introduced in 1996 , but the HD600 is derivated from HD580 released in 1993 and is said to be the consumer version of the HD580 Jubilee released in  1995 , and it was released in 1997. I am not sure if they take in consideration this 120 ohms norm as they had finish the engineering Djob before the introduction of the 120 ohms norm.


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 2/8/14 at 11:07pm
post #6179 of 17133

Matrix M stage is made in China though :(

 

and costs 250$ 100$ difference with O2

 

Are the SQ differences major? worth 100$ extra?

post #6180 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo JoKeR View Post

Matrix M stage is made in China though frown.gif

So what? confused.gif
Quote:
and costs 250$ 100$ difference with O2

Are the SQ differences major? worth 100$ extra?

Yes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread