or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 407

post #6091 of 17154
O2. It's all you need if you want neutral, accurate reproduction of the source.
post #6092 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerer View Post
 

Hi all,

 

Coming to you Pros for advice, I am just about to pull the trigger on these wonderful HD600 but wondering which Amp to buy, any recommendations?

 

I also have a pair of AKG Q701 which i will be using on same amp.

 

Any advice much appreciated

 

Angerer

 

What's your budget?

 

I moved to the Woo Audio WA7 recently and the HD600 scaled dramatically from my Maverick Audio D1. Obviously there are cheaper solutions that would still sound very good.

post #6093 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerer View Post
 

Hi all,

 

Coming to you Pros for advice, I am just about to pull the trigger on these wonderful HD600 but wondering which Amp to buy, any recommendations?

 

I also have a pair of AKG Q701 which i will be using on same amp.

 

Any advice much appreciated

 

Angerer

 

A little more info would help.

  • Portable or fixed?
  • Price range?
  • Amp only or DAC and amp combined.
post #6094 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-uk View Post

O2. It's all you need if you want neutral, accurate reproduction of the source.

 

Damn Straight.

Capital S.

post #6095 of 17154

Yeah please help me out too

 

 for HD600's

 

in 200$

 

only amp :

If amp/dac, :

 

if portable, :

if Fixed,

post #6096 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo JoKeR View Post
 

Yeah please help me out too

 

 for HD600's

 

in 200$

 

only amp :

If amp/dac, :

 

if portable, :

if Fixed,

 

 

only amp :o2

 

If amp/dac,I will say though that I had good results with a cheapo UCA202 and o2.CHEAP solution and works.

I honestly can't say my nuforce icon hdp is any better.

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
post #6097 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by perhapss View Post
 

 

 

only amp :o2

 

If amp/dac,I will say though that I had good results with a cheapo UCA202 and o2.CHEAP solution and works.

I honestly can't say my nuforce icon hdp is any better.

              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Obviously I'm not looking for anything fancy.

I'm a big believer in recording quality, decent conversion, adequate power and good headphones/speakers.

 

Disclaimer: I'm a musician not audiophile.

post #6098 of 17154
Quote: Originally Posted by Ophiel (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiel View Post
 

Just finished sleeving my cable. It's my first time doing this so it was fun LOL. ended up frying the sleeve abit but overall it was fine.

 

 


all i see is Nico Robin... and maybe Sanji?

post #6099 of 17154

Wow that figure on the top is huge.  Ultimate Madoka or something.  I don't even know what that is or where it's from but I remember seeing it, and it's quite impressive from a technical aspect.

post #6100 of 17154

This is the last place I expect ppl to recognise what those are :blink: The ones at the bottom are TWO nico robins. TMRaven you're right about madoka, it's a magnificient sculpture!

post #6101 of 17154

OT little boys...

post #6102 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by perhapss View Post
 

OT little boys...

 

OR girls as the case may be...

post #6103 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by perhapss View Post
 

 

OR girls as the case may be...

 

"Little" still stands :evil:

post #6104 of 17154

OK,......back to topic then. If you like neutrality, all you need is ODAC + O2. Or the ODAC + iCan like what i'm using now. The iCan has less power than the O2, but the iCan sounds just like the O2 on normal mode, and you get nice features like 3D sound and bass boost. If you want musicality instead, at the expense of introducing distortion, you have many options for tube amps out there.. can't recommend any since all I ever owned was a tube buffered DAC/amp. 


Edited by Ophiel - 2/7/14 at 7:28pm
post #6105 of 17154

I've heard the hd600 several times with tubes.

It seems to me to be warm enough already.

 

Why?

 

PS: No religion here please :veryevil:.

 

Easy to drive, warm and relatively neutral....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread