Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 404

post #6046 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

How do they compare to the Fostex T50RP?


Or Alpha Dog too? I like to get a closed over ear headphone. Amperior is a good closed back but on ear is PITA for me.

post #6047 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 


Or Alpha Dog too? I like to get a closed over ear headphone. Amperior is a good closed back but on ear is PITA for me.

 

I'm curious to know. I've just had the opportunity to demo the T50RP, and I'm wondering if it's signature is similar to the HD600.. Hmm..

post #6048 of 9661

T50rp is cooler sounding, more laidback...somewhat muffled...cottonwooled....

as if its begging for a good tweak, awaking by some DIYprofessionals :P

(or a bigbigkick in the butt by a giant ampppppp...thats my vague impression,

i owned it for a month n left it in the garage to rot, whilst i contemplate the complex task of taking off the earpads)


Edited by Lorspeaker - 2/2/14 at 10:41pm
post #6049 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

T50rp is cooler sounding, more laidback...somewhat muffled...cottonwooled....

as if its begging for a good tweak, awaking by some DIYprofessionals :P

(or a bigbigkick in the butt by a giant ampppppp...thats my vague impression,

i owned it for a month n left it in the garage to rot, whilst i contemplate the complex task of taking off the earpads)

Sounds like a candidate for the FS forum. :D

post #6050 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

T50rp is cooler sounding, more laidback...somewhat muffled...cottonwooled....

as if its begging for a good tweak, awaking by some DIYprofessionals :P

(or a bigbigkick in the butt by a giant ampppppp...thats my vague impression,

i owned it for a month n left it in the garage to rot, whilst i contemplate the complex task of taking off the earpads)


Laidback is a big no no for me. But I don't like too aggressive sound neither.

post #6051 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

I'm curious to know. I've just had the opportunity to demo the T50RP, and I'm wondering if it's signature is similar to the HD600.. Hmm..

 

Sounds colder, more refined (less grainy kind of feel), and not as emotional/involving mids.

 

p.s. Thanks for helping me and Lin out mate.

post #6052 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

I'm curious to know. I've just had the opportunity to demo the T50RP, and I'm wondering if it's signature is similar to the HD600.. Hmm..

 

No, without modification they sound darker than the LCD2s and my HD650s.  However the resolution advantage of the T50RP is clearly superior than the HD600 - by mere fact that it is a planar.  By no means are they cooler than even the HD650.

 

Apparently there are many samples of HD650s going around that sound the same as the HD600.  When I hear a HD600 non critically, they sound just like my HD650s.


Edited by SP Wild - 2/3/14 at 2:49am
post #6053 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

 

No, without modification they sound darker than the LCD2s and my HD650s.  However the resolution advantage of the T50RP is clearly superior than the HD600 - by mere fact that it is a planar.  By no means are they cooler than even the HD650.

 

Apparently there are many samples of HD650s going around that sound the same as the HD600.  When I hear a HD600 non critically, they sound just like my HD650s.

Just because something is Planar doesn't mean that the execution was so perfect. When I've compared the HD650 to the HD600 it was very easy to hear the difference, the HD600's came home with me.

post #6054 of 9661

Standard T50RP...perfect?  :confused: 

 

I thought I said I liked the HD600s.  :confused:


Edited by SP Wild - 2/3/14 at 4:17am
post #6055 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

 

No, without modification they sound darker than the LCD2s and my HD650s.  However the resolution advantage of the T50RP is clearly superior than the HD600 - by mere fact that it is a planar.  By no means are they cooler than even the HD650.

 

Apparently there are many samples of HD650s going around that sound the same as the HD600.  When I hear a HD600 non critically, they sound just like my HD650s.

Compared the HD600 and maddogs side by side, the maddogs clearly lacked in something. I would go as far as to say something was missing, not just recessed or anything. on the other hand some things were more clear with the maddogs, due to difference in signature.

post #6056 of 9661

The HD600 has inert cup properties...the opposite of a closed or semi-closed headphones.

post #6057 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

Standard T50RP...perfect?  :confused: 

 

I thought I said I liked the HD600s.  :confused:

 

You did say, "However the resolution advantage of the T50RP is clearly superior than the HD600 - by mere fact that it is a planar."

Nether did I think they are superior nor did I think that being a planar means that makes them any better. I have listened to the T50RP and I also have a pair of HE-500's. I also have a pair of HD600's I don't think that the T50RP's are as good as either.

post #6058 of 9661

Yeah the HD600 is a much more coherent package than the stock T50RPs.

post #6059 of 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

Yeah the HD600 is a much more coherent package than the stock T50RPs.

I wonder if the Bunyip has a pair of HD600's and what he amps them with? I was wondering how much of a premium do you pay for cans, Down Under. I know you guys get overcharged for a lot of things.

post #6060 of 9661

I (very briefly) heard some T50rp yesterday, and I've always read reports of them being lean on bass, and low-mids.

 

It didn't even feel like "roll-off" to me, it just felt like a steep plummet. 

 

They were, however, very comfortable. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread