Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 401

post #6001 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubblewubble View Post

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of HD600's from the classifieds! Pretty excited.

I have a question for you guys. I already have a pair of DT770's and an Objective2 amp. Will the O2 run the HD600's nicely, or should I invest in a new amp as well?  Regardless, I am going to get a DAC since I will be listening from my PC.

The O2 will be perfect if you want the most high fidelity , accurate sound possible . If you want flavour maybe go down the tube amp route. I personally like accuracy but I also have a flavour I like, I let the music bring the flavour not the amp.
post #6002 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-uk View Post


If you want flavour maybe go down the tube amp route. I personally like accuracy but I also have a flavour I like, I let the music bring the flavour not the amp.

...and you can always consider getting a tasty, flavorful DAC to compliment your O2...

post #6003 of 8183
Oh I forgot to mention, I also chose the 650s over the 600s because I prefer their flavour even though I think the 600s are a better HP.
post #6004 of 8183

Awesome, thanks! Maybe I will get an ODAC to compliment my O2.

post #6005 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-uk View Post

Oh I forgot to mention, I also chose the 650s over the 600s because I prefer their flavour even though I think the 600s are a better HP.

 

That's OK as long as you think the 600s are better!

post #6006 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubblewubble View Post
 

Awesome, thanks! Maybe I will get an ODAC to compliment my O2.

Then you will have no extra flavor....

post #6007 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

...and you can always consider getting a tasty, flavorful DAC to compliment your O2...

I think getting a transparent dac is better because it provides a platform to have the best if both worlds. He can then have the O2 for a clear window into the recording and also have a tube amp to tube roll with until finding his flavour of distortion .
post #6008 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubblewubble View Post
 

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of HD600's from the classifieds! Pretty excited.

 

I have a question for you guys. I already have a pair of DT770's and an Objective2 amp. Will the O2 run the HD600's nicely, or should I invest in a new amp as well?  Regardless, I am going to get a DAC since I will be listening from my PC.

The HD600's are not that hard to drive. Some people would make you think that it needs all sorts of fancy amps, but the HD600's are not as finicky as some make them out to be. An amp has be be able to make enough voltage at 300 Ohms and be clean, the HD600's are pretty sensitive and don't need as much juice as the HD650's or HD800's. Why not give it a go and see how you like it. Which impedance is your DT770's?

post #6009 of 8183
I would get the odac and then you have a 'control' as it was . Anything you do after that is giving you the change to suit your taste and mood. I personally have only got solid state because I am anal about accuracy, I will however be getting a BH crack at some point because I want to have a different sound for a change now and again and it will be fun to build .
post #6010 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-uk View Post


I think getting a transparent dac is better because it provides a platform to have the best if both worlds. He can then have the O2 for a clear window into the recording and also have a tube amp to tube roll with until finding his flavour of distortion .

Yeah but you bought the 650s so we can't really trust what you say! :D

Actually what you say makes sense if one wants more than one amp.

I always thought a tube DAC and the O2 would be a fun combo or that if I had a tube DAC, I'd want a transparent amp.

I have tube amps but still prefer 'musical' NOS DACs...so what do I know...

post #6011 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

The HD600's are not that hard to drive. Some people would make you think that it needs all sorts of fancy amps, but the HD600's are not as finicky as some make them out to be. An amp has be be able to make enough voltage at 300 Ohms and be clean, the HD600's are pretty sensitive and don't need as much juice as the HD650's or HD800's. Why not give it a go and see how you like it. Which impedance is your DT770's?

Thanks! The 80 ohm version.

post #6012 of 8183

Been playing the HD 600 on the Magni/Modi for the last couple of hours (as opposed to my Lyr/Bifrost) and I feel fairly confident in saying this. You could buy an HD 600, a Magni, and a Modi and not ever need anything else. This could potentially be end-game material for a large majority of people.

post #6013 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

You could buy an HD 600, a Magni, and a Modi and not ever need anything else.

I would still want some kind of source so I could listen to music...:D

post #6014 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

Yeah but you bought the 650s so we can't really trust what you say! biggrin.gif
Actually what you say makes sense if one wants more than one amp.
I always thought a tube DAC and the O2 would be a fun combo or that if I had a tube DAC, I'd want a transparent amp.
I have tube amps but still prefer 'musical' NOS DACs...so what do I know...
Either way works really but my logic is that the source should always be transparent , it doesn't really matter as long as the end result is the same. Oh and I have the HD800s that's why i didn't want the 600s . I needed some warmth in my locker wink.gif
post #6015 of 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

I would still want some kind of source so I could listen to music...:D

haha Jerk!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread