so no one can help me?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 3/24/17 at 5:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 4/3/17 at 11:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 391
Gear mentioned in this thread:
HD600 will not be warmer than a LCD-2 even on OTL amp .
razordog with discount coupon ?
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 1/22/14 at 1:20pm
Well let me see ......
Your question was who would be a good reseller - but .......
You haven't told us your location, and you have no info in your profile. Taht might ne half the reason you haven't had a reply
Actually Keith I think the jury is pretty much out on what sounds best. I've owned all 3 (Pro 250, Premium 600, and now Premium 250). The differences (if any) are minute IME - and probably you'd get more difference from the condition of the pads or position on your head.
I did side-by-side comparisons of the Premium 600 and 250 level matched with an SPL meter - on both an OTL Tube (LD MKIV) and SS (NFB-12). I didn't hear the 600 ohm being better - which was the main reaosn I sold it, and repurchased the 250 ohm - because I could then use it around the house with my Studio V3 if I wanted to.
That is actually not a bad news as I hated the HD650 as it being too dark for my tastes. Let me clarify, I'm not looking for a warm pair of cans, just a warmer pair of cans than the HD800. I hate dark sounding cans, the only reason I'm considering the LCD-2 is for its intoxicating sound sig, treble-wise HD600 is preferable.
So, can anyone tell me how does the HD600 compares to the LCD-2 with both driven by a high output impedance OTL amp?
For $90 difference, I would grab the DT880, and spend $190 on a DAC/AMP. That's enough money for an Objective DAC/2 stack, or a Schitt (Oh you said you didn't want that), *so no FiiO seriously?*, an Audio-GD NFB 12 or 15, an Aune T1, and the list continues...
Then later get the HD600. And the AKG 701 eventually. A Grado RS1 can go for ~$400 used, and a Denon D2k or D5k too so you get a closed headphone. Then since you are already spending in the couple-hundreds range, you need to also get an Audio Technica, probably one of their AD series for cheaper, or a W series for the woodies look to complement your Denon and Grado.
And then you upgrade your DAC and AMP.
Next step is a balanced tube amp... Or should I stay with the 339 and opt with another headphone? Or save for a STAX setup? The T50rp is already gone hmm...
sorry about that
Agreed...I prefer the look of the 580 grills too...my 600s are so ugly in comparison...fortunately I can't see them when they are on!
Good call. Thanks for those great pics, you have a good camera eye.
As big a fan of the HD600 as I am, I don't own one. I have 2 pairs of HD580 with the metal grilles. Only one sees use, the other is my insurance policy: I never want to be without this great headphone. I've grown more accepting of the graphics on the 600, but I much prefer the understated look of the 580 and the metal grilles give it the "I'm a no BS lets do some serious grooving to some good music kind of headphone" look.
Thanks guys for the responses :D I too enjoy the look of the HD580 more than the HD600. That combined with the much lower price, and its history, makes them very special imo. Somehow my collection are now all out of production @@ Except for the DT1350.
I hope with all this effort, YoYo Joker could never turn back from Head-Fi.
Legit question however, anyone used a LD balanced amp for the HD580/600s? How do they pair, and any comparisons with the La Figaro?
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 16 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 51 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 54 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Computer not recognizing USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Audio Technica MSR7 *like new* with all accessories, box and... 4 minutes ago
- › MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear