or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 390

post #5836 of 17147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post
 

 

I've heard all three. I reckon the DT880 sounds closer to the GR07. You also get all ticks for your definition of "Pleasant". The HD600's are more warm and involving sounding with less clarity, good sound-stage that is involving but smaller and not as expansive than the DT880, detailed enough but the DT880 accentuates it, BUT I liked the Senn's for all genres instead of the Beyers. Last point is pretty subjective however so you can decide.

 

Disclaimer: Heard all three, passed my chance of purchasing the 880 after auditioning it, and sold the GR07. HD580 is a keeper =D

 

 

LOL !  I have exactly the same opinion !! :beerchug: 

 

 

That Said YoYo Joker, you really can't go wrong with DT880 & HD600. IMO HD600 is more "euphonic" with addictive mids but lacks a bit of soundstage and DT880 is a bit "colder" & neutral,  more airy with a great soundstage . Both have a very consistent way of presenting music and both are good all-rounders.

 

Both are great choices to enjoy music


Edited by Sorrodje - 1/21/14 at 11:52pm
post #5837 of 17147
Buy the hd600 wink.gif
post #5838 of 17147

Till now by DT880's i meant the 250 ohm pro versions

 

but how does D880 250 ohm pro differs from 600 ohm in sound? which one is superior?

 

when it comes to build quality, DT880 lineup is a step ahead from HD600?

 

HD600 body is made up of which material? feels sturdy enough for a long term use?

 

I have almost made up my mind to buy the HD600's :)

post #5839 of 17147

Both use primarily plastic with metal in key structural parts, so I would say build quality is the same.  As long as you don't abuse them either will last decades. One thing to consider:  The cable is typically the most vulnerable part and most likely to be damaged.  The HD600 cable can be easily, quickly and cheaply replaced.

post #5840 of 17147

Another good point for hd600 : All parts can be ordered separately ;)  

post #5841 of 17147

HD 600 very light IMO but the earpad not as comfortable as Beyer DT line up.

post #5842 of 17147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post
 

 

 

LOL !  I have exactly the same opinion !! :beerchug: 

 

 

That Said YoYo Joker, you really can't go wrong with DT880 & HD600. IMO HD600 is more "euphonic" with addictive mids but lacks a bit of soundstage and DT880 is a bit "colder" & neutral,  more airy with a great soundstage . Both have a very consistent way of presenting music and both are good all-rounders.

 

Both are great choices to enjoy music

 

:beerchug:

 

I need to add however, that neither of these headphones will give you bass as deep as the GR07. Back in those days audiophiles were just not as concerned about that kind of subbass extension (my own speculation) but the GR07 reaches lower than both of them.

post #5843 of 17147

i prefer the oval shaped cups..sits better on most heads according to my last worldwide survey.:popcorn:

post #5844 of 17147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post
 

 

:beerchug:

 

I need to add however, that neither of these headphones will give you bass as deep as the GR07. Back in those days audiophiles were just not as concerned about that kind of subbass extension (my own speculation) but the GR07 reaches lower than both of them.

 

That is okay with me as far was base goes.

 

But for rest of the sound spectrum, detailing in HD600 or DT880/250 is a clear upgrade in sound quality isnt it?

 

and DT880/250 is now 194$ at amazon, I can get them for 220$ shipped, HD600's 310$ shipped, but current out of stock :(

post #5845 of 17147

anyone have a suggestion for good reseller?

post #5846 of 17147
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo JoKeR View Post
 

Till now by DT880's i meant the 250 ohm pro versions

 

but how does D880 250 ohm pro differs from 600 ohm in sound? which one is superior?

 

when it comes to build quality, DT880 lineup is a step ahead from HD600?

 

HD600 body is made up of which material? feels sturdy enough for a long term use?

 

I have almost made up my mind to buy the HD600's :)

 

DT 880 250/600 sound nearly the same if not the same at volume matched , their could be difference from one to the other but it's more due to manufacturing process than anything else .

But DT 880 Pro sound a bit different due to it's clamping force being higher (more pressure) => a bit more bass , an soundstage a bit more smaller / forward sounding .

 

For build quality both are great and are easely serviceable , you can rebuild a DT 880 or HD600 from scratch with spare parts . Replacing HD600 câble is easier .

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo JoKeR View Post
 

 

That is okay with me as far was base goes.

 

But for rest of the sound spectrum, detailing in HD600 or DT880/250 is a clear upgrade in sound quality isnt it?

 

and DT880/250 is now 194$ at amazon, I can get them for 220$ shipped, HD600's 310$ shipped, but current out of stock :(

 

Both are a great upgrade , but 90$ is something to take in consideration , even if i prefer the HD600 ,for this price difference i would think twice , but in E.U. the difference in price beetween HD600 and DT 880 are much smaller .


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 1/22/14 at 6:28am
post #5847 of 17147
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post
 

 

DT 880 250/600 sound nearly the same if not the same at volume matched , their could be difference from one to the other but it's more due to manufacturing process than anything else .

But DT 880 Pro sound a bit different due to it's clamping force being higher (more pressure) => a bit more bass , an soundstage a bit more smaller / forward sounding .

 

For build quality both are great and are easely serviceable , you can rebuild a DT 880 or HD600 from scratch with spare parts . Replacing HD600 câble is easier .

 

 

Both are a great upgrade , but 90$ is something to take in consideration , even if i prefer the HD600 ,for this price difference i would think twice , but in E.U. the difference in price beetween HD600 and DT 880 are much smaller .

 

Yeah for the 90$ [5000 INR] I was too thinking twice, could have saved those 90$ for some amp/dac

 

I am also sceptical about : my ears being long, Beyers have round earpads [my ears may not fit?] and senns have oval earpads [chances of better fit?]

post #5848 of 17147

unfortunately, you are choosing from two excellent, but different headphones.  neither is better then the other.  but they have different flavor.  the 600 is more lush, the 880 will give you crisper highs and maybe a drier punchier bass.  I must say again though, that I do not believe the 880 pro line to be on par with the 600.  if you were considering the 880 250/600ohm regular, that is what you want.  The pro line is for dj's and maybe studio usage.

 

So with what you have said so far, and what your looking for, I would choose the senn 600.  It is the end game of a lot of headphone enthusiasts.  and even those who move to higher tier cans hold onto their 600's as well.  It has excellent resale value if you decide to go in another direction, and I personally think that all head-fi'ers should own them at some point.

post #5849 of 17147

also, there is some good info on the differences between the 880 and its different ohm versions if you search.  to sum up, the 600 ohm version sounded best of the three.

post #5850 of 17147

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting the HD600 as my warmer set of cans, can anyone tell me how do they compare to the orthos of LCD-2 and HE-500 from WA3 or any high output impedance OTL amps? Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread