or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 387

post #5791 of 17154

The HD600 vs HD650 poll started over 2 weeks ago is going to close in a little over a day so that we can finally crown a champion once and for all! With over a 100 votes so far, it's still rather close.

 

If you still haven't voted and you've listened to both of these headphones on a similar setup, vote here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698372/the-ultimate-hd600-vs-hd650-poll-final-day-of-voting

post #5792 of 17154

Loving the s*** out of my new 600's... satir, you're a gentleman and a scholar for selling these phones as you did. They're freakin' lovely.

 

And now to make this post modestly useful:

 

Source: Meizu MX

 

I've been putting in some hours listening to various FLAC files (and learning the upper limits to what my phone can process... sorry vinyl rips!). First impressions are that it is a bit lighter on base than I would like, but not by much. Texture and separation are there but the punch less so. Mids seem somewhat recessed compared to my Somic's (SOMiC MH463 + Turtle Beach X32 pads) but I haven't done an honest head-to-head comparison to them yet (nor will I with just my phone as a source). Vocals are wonderful; I think right now the phones like male vocals over female vocals, but again, haven't done serious listening to test it. Highs are acceptable but seem veiled. I think that's a limitation of the hardware driving the phones more than on the 600s themselves.

 

As I received these phones in mint condition I assume they'll still need a burn-in period. I also firmly believe that they'll definitely benefit from having a better DAC/amp than what's in my phone - great as she's been for audio, there's something to be said for dedicated DACs & amps.

post #5793 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEG View Post
 

Loving the s*** out of my new 600's... satir, you're a gentleman and a scholar for selling these phones as you did. They're freakin' lovely.

 

And now to make this post modestly useful:

 

Source: Meizu MX

 

I've been putting in some hours listening to various FLAC files (and learning the upper limits to what my phone can process... sorry vinyl rips!). First impressions are that it is a bit lighter on base than I would like, but not by much. Texture and separation are there but the punch less so. Mids seem somewhat recessed compared to my Somic's (SOMiC MH463 + Turtle Beach X32 pads) but I haven't done an honest head-to-head comparison to them yet (nor will I with just my phone as a source). Vocals are wonderful; I think right now the phones like male vocals over female vocals, but again, haven't done serious listening to test it. Highs are acceptable but seem veiled. I think that's a limitation of the hardware driving the phones more than on the 600s themselves.

 

As I received these phones in mint condition I assume they'll still need a burn-in period. I also firmly believe that they'll definitely benefit from having a better DAC/amp than what's in my phone - great as she's been for audio, there's something to be said for dedicated DACs & amps.

Not many if any cellphones, iPods, mp3 players, etc. have an internal amp that can do a good job of driving 300 Ohm cans.

post #5794 of 17154

is there a possible way to get them at 300$ in Europe?

post #5795 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide3 View Post
 

is there a possible way to get them at 300$ in Europe?

Cheapest at the moment: 229 Euro

 

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00004SY4H/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d6_i3?pf_rd_m=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=19FYNGW986XVECTQJ6BT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455357367&pf_rd_i=602357031

post #5796 of 17154

do they have int'-shipping?

i live in israel


Edited by Deicide3 - 1/20/14 at 7:06am
post #5797 of 17154

They deliver to the UK not sure about Israel. You might be able to get sale's tax off from the price since you're from outside the EU.

post #5798 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTom View Post
 

They deliver to the UK not sure about Israel. You might be able to get sale's tax off from the price since you're from outside the EU.

do you know any international shop with good prices?

senn sell them for 400euro

post #5799 of 17154

Amazon is the best I know of, did you check if they ship to Israel? When you checkout and put in your address it'll tell you.

post #5800 of 17154

If you want other shops I recommend a google shopping search using the google website for that country. i.e. for spain go to google.es and search for the HD600 under shopping. You will then find the cheapest online prices in that country and can ask those dealers if they ship to Israel.

post #5801 of 17154

Is there a reason your not considering barter town?  best deals are had there.

post #5802 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 

Is there a reason your not considering barter town?  best deals are had there.

talking to me? if so what's barter town?

post #5803 of 17154
I'm referring to the for sale threads here.
post #5804 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post

I'm referring to the for sale threads here.

Don't you think it's better to buy new, it's more expensive sure but warranty guarantees a working headphone for at least the next 2 years.

post #5805 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTom View Post
 

Don't you think it's better to buy new, it's more expensive sure but warranty guarantees a working headphone for at least the next 2 years.

Depends on the cans and the seller. Most people around here very much take care of their equipment. I have no reservations purchasing items through here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread