How do you guys feel about pairing the HD 600 to the Audio-GD NFB-11.32? I'm looking for an amp and dac around the $300-500 price range that will place nice with the HD 600, HD 700, and several others. Know anything else I should be looking at?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 9/19/14 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't decided between the Fidelio X1, HD598, or HD600 Last post on 9/11/14 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 383
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would agree with this. There are very small differences between my HRT microstreamer and a very reputable combo Concero/627x
Of course I still find Concero/627X sounding better with a larger/deeper soundstage but the difference is not night & day, far from that
I'm not quite sure I understand this statement. Are you comparing speakers/monitors to headphones? If so, why? Kinda like comparing apples to oranges, don'tcha think?
Which monitors? The KRK Rokit 6 sound a lot like the HD600's to me (or vice versa) on the same source - if anyone needed their headphones and monitors to tonally be as similar as possible I'd recommend these two, especially if used with a Benchmark DAC1.
I'm listening to my speakers. A situation arises where I have to transition to use of headphones. After listening to speakers for 2-3 hours, the headphone experience isn't so flattering. Just reporting my experiences.
Though I don't mind as much when I use the HE-6's.
Edited by Uchiya - 1/9/14 at 4:22pm
I didn't have a great source for my monitors, M-Audio BX8 D2's, until I upgraded to the Gungnir/Mjolnir. Really made a difference. The speaker experience improved such that I started to prefer it more than my balanced HD600's.
But I enjoy the HE-6's just as much as I do my monitors.
Hence my pair are up for sale
With regard to comparing headphones to speakers being like comparing apples to oranges. I'm not too sure. I don't think they're incomparable as they share a lot of the same qualities, but one can't really fault headphones (an apple) for not being a good speaker (orange).
Schiit stack does give the HD600's a nice thump though for hip hop. 2pac sounds really good, well as electronica. Can't make up my mind to sell or keep HD600s for backup. Maybe I'll have to settle with owning more than one pair of headphones for different moods.
problem with headphones is that the left channel doesn't go to your right ear and the right channel to the left ear. I understand what you mean, after using my speakers for hours and then switching to headphones, you instantly feel the difference and the result is fatigue. I found the solution though, which is the 3D function of the iCan.
Is there anything that really makes owning these AND the 650's? I wouldn't mind trying the 600's out because I've heard they are better for classical and rock, but is it worth it considering I have some 650's?
I could easely live with a T1 , but i enjoy my HD600 more and my wallet thanks me , but if i want some beyer taste then i can still purcahse another DT 880 in complement .
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 1/9/14 at 7:20pm
As I said, it's easy for me to see either the T1 or HD600 could be preferred over each other.
However the DT 880 is no T1 .
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › How to add DAC to my setup? 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo2 AKA "You're Dead To Me, Tyll" 6 minutes ago
- › Astro Mixamp + Amp help! 10 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 12 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 12 minutes ago
- › [EU] Hifiman HE-500 + Schiit Lyr + Schiit Bifrost UBER 13 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 16 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)