How do you guys feel about pairing the HD 600 to the Audio-GD NFB-11.32? I'm looking for an amp and dac around the $300-500 price range that will place nice with the HD 600, HD 700, and several others. Know anything else I should be looking at?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Does every company have their particular sound? Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- amp or headphone advice Last post on 10/1/14 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- amp & headphone advice? Last post on 10/6/14 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for comfort/deep over ear phones Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Brown Innovations Virtuoso Amplifier/Active Equalizer / O1198 Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 383
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would agree with this. There are very small differences between my HRT microstreamer and a very reputable combo Concero/627x
Of course I still find Concero/627X sounding better with a larger/deeper soundstage but the difference is not night & day, far from that
I'm not quite sure I understand this statement. Are you comparing speakers/monitors to headphones? If so, why? Kinda like comparing apples to oranges, don'tcha think?
Which monitors? The KRK Rokit 6 sound a lot like the HD600's to me (or vice versa) on the same source - if anyone needed their headphones and monitors to tonally be as similar as possible I'd recommend these two, especially if used with a Benchmark DAC1.
I'm listening to my speakers. A situation arises where I have to transition to use of headphones. After listening to speakers for 2-3 hours, the headphone experience isn't so flattering. Just reporting my experiences.
Though I don't mind as much when I use the HE-6's.
Edited by Uchiya - 1/9/14 at 4:22pm
I didn't have a great source for my monitors, M-Audio BX8 D2's, until I upgraded to the Gungnir/Mjolnir. Really made a difference. The speaker experience improved such that I started to prefer it more than my balanced HD600's.
But I enjoy the HE-6's just as much as I do my monitors.
Hence my pair are up for sale
With regard to comparing headphones to speakers being like comparing apples to oranges. I'm not too sure. I don't think they're incomparable as they share a lot of the same qualities, but one can't really fault headphones (an apple) for not being a good speaker (orange).
Schiit stack does give the HD600's a nice thump though for hip hop. 2pac sounds really good, well as electronica. Can't make up my mind to sell or keep HD600s for backup. Maybe I'll have to settle with owning more than one pair of headphones for different moods.
problem with headphones is that the left channel doesn't go to your right ear and the right channel to the left ear. I understand what you mean, after using my speakers for hours and then switching to headphones, you instantly feel the difference and the result is fatigue. I found the solution though, which is the 3D function of the iCan.
Is there anything that really makes owning these AND the 650's? I wouldn't mind trying the 600's out because I've heard they are better for classical and rock, but is it worth it considering I have some 650's?
I could easely live with a T1 , but i enjoy my HD600 more and my wallet thanks me , but if i want some beyer taste then i can still purcahse another DT 880 in complement .
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 1/9/14 at 7:20pm
As I said, it's easy for me to see either the T1 or HD600 could be preferred over each other.
However the DT 880 is no T1 .
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 35 seconds ago
- › NAD D1050 DAC and headphone amplifier 42 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 45 seconds ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › *** MonoPrice DJ Headphones 8323 Review *** 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90? 3 minutes ago
- › Are all Active noise cancelling headphones Battery powered? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › iRiver H340 (40GB) Rocbox 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)