How do you guys feel about pairing the HD 600 to the Audio-GD NFB-11.32? I'm looking for an amp and dac around the $300-500 price range that will place nice with the HD 600, HD 700, and several others. Know anything else I should be looking at?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing an external sound card for good headphones (HD 600-650, DT 880-990, etc.) Last post on 8/4/14 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 Last post on 8/21/14 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Asgard 2 for HD600's and Monitor Speakers Last post on 7/3/14 at 8:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JH-5 vs DT770 Last post on 6/27/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD600 with extra HD650 cable Last post on 6/20/14 at 11:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 383
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would agree with this. There are very small differences between my HRT microstreamer and a very reputable combo Concero/627x
Of course I still find Concero/627X sounding better with a larger/deeper soundstage but the difference is not night & day, far from that
I'm not quite sure I understand this statement. Are you comparing speakers/monitors to headphones? If so, why? Kinda like comparing apples to oranges, don'tcha think?
Which monitors? The KRK Rokit 6 sound a lot like the HD600's to me (or vice versa) on the same source - if anyone needed their headphones and monitors to tonally be as similar as possible I'd recommend these two, especially if used with a Benchmark DAC1.
I'm listening to my speakers. A situation arises where I have to transition to use of headphones. After listening to speakers for 2-3 hours, the headphone experience isn't so flattering. Just reporting my experiences.
Though I don't mind as much when I use the HE-6's.
Edited by Uchiya - 1/9/14 at 4:22pm
I didn't have a great source for my monitors, M-Audio BX8 D2's, until I upgraded to the Gungnir/Mjolnir. Really made a difference. The speaker experience improved such that I started to prefer it more than my balanced HD600's.
But I enjoy the HE-6's just as much as I do my monitors.
Hence my pair are up for sale
With regard to comparing headphones to speakers being like comparing apples to oranges. I'm not too sure. I don't think they're incomparable as they share a lot of the same qualities, but one can't really fault headphones (an apple) for not being a good speaker (orange).
Schiit stack does give the HD600's a nice thump though for hip hop. 2pac sounds really good, well as electronica. Can't make up my mind to sell or keep HD600s for backup. Maybe I'll have to settle with owning more than one pair of headphones for different moods.
problem with headphones is that the left channel doesn't go to your right ear and the right channel to the left ear. I understand what you mean, after using my speakers for hours and then switching to headphones, you instantly feel the difference and the result is fatigue. I found the solution though, which is the 3D function of the iCan.
Is there anything that really makes owning these AND the 650's? I wouldn't mind trying the 600's out because I've heard they are better for classical and rock, but is it worth it considering I have some 650's?
I could easely live with a T1 , but i enjoy my HD600 more and my wallet thanks me , but if i want some beyer taste then i can still purcahse another DT 880 in complement .
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 1/9/14 at 7:20pm
As I said, it's easy for me to see either the T1 or HD600 could be preferred over each other.
However the DT 880 is no T1 .
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Factor 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dream Earz AUD 8x 8 drivers CIEM 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 7 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 8 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 minutes ago
- › Cary Nighthawk Amp and Fostex TH600 Combo 11 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)