- 108 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade from my senn hd558 Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT: Sennheiser HD600 for your Fidelio X2 or SRH1440/1840 Last post on Today at 10:32 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs Ath-Msr7 ? Last post on Today at 7:24 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for Tube Amp Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ipad/iphone friendly semi-portable DAC/AMP -with HD600s Last post on 1/22/15 at 7:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 361
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it will. I had the Xonar DX before and didn't find them a step up from the onboard Realtek. If you don't need the portability, a full sized amp would be better.
If I get an amp and DAC, Ill probably get the NFB 11.32. Thoughts on that with the HD600?
Um, I havent heard it, sorry. I've considered getting something from AudioGd though, they seem to have good feedback on their products.
DX don't have a headphone amp , just a line out , so it will not help without a dedicated headphone amp
The HD600 series scale very well, meaning each time you improve the chain you should notice an appreciable difference.
I’ve had my Senns for sometime now and even though I’ve enjoyed them with a few amps over the years they have only recently really come to strut their own with my current set-up.
Or not , depending about what gear you are using , reaching a certain level , there is no real improvements it's much about hardware equalization than anything else , colorations that suite more or less your tastes.
Just one caveat - as much as the HD600 reveals changes in upstream components easily, it's not always an improvement. I've tried several CDPs - Marantz CD5003, NAD C545, Cambridge 350C and 651C - and I didn't like them. Imaging was a little weird (check out reply #26 on this thread for further details). The Regas (the older, bigger Apollo and the Saturn) were too dark for my tastes. So far, among the CDPs I've tried my HD600 and Cantate with, the ones I like are the Shanling SCD-T200,* Cayin CDT-23/CD100i and CD50T,** and the Arcam CD72.*** Sure these are CDPs but the only difference between them and a DAC is the CD transport and a computer (or other device), but in any case I'm not rushing to replace using the Cantate.2's USB DAC. Might get the ODAC and a proper USB OTG with powerbank pigtail soon though.
*modded - a bit dark but I could have lived with it IF it was cheaper (Cayin dealer was selling it on consignment for around $1,500 with less than 20hrs on the new tubes) on account of OCD - it used a similar but wider chassis as my amp
**for the most part were neutral, but listen well and the midrange is a little bit sweeter-sounding - a bit soft and warm but not too much on the strings and vocals and lots of extension on female vocals on the CDT-23; in short, it'll make some recordings a little better without annoying me on other (if not most) recordings like the Regas did
***neutral, soundstage was wider and deeper than the Cayins but not weird like the Cambridge and Marantz
Edited by ProtegeManiac - 12/11/13 at 7:35am
Back in the day, 10+ years ago, the HD600 was praised to the heavens when mated with tubes. I don't read much about that today. Is it because most users today have an aversion to tube amps or what? To those who haven't heard their HD600's with tubes, I would highly recommend checking it out!
any suggestion for a entry-level tube amp?
Edited by unkle - 12/12/13 at 11:34am
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 19 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 25 seconds ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 vs HP200 49 seconds ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 1 minute ago
- › Q Audio Audeze Cable -w/ HD800 adapters- 2M (6.56 Ft.) Dark Brown 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Audioquest DragonFly 1.2 and DragonTail 3 minutes ago
- › a2+ or a5+ with dac down the road? 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)