- 108 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 2/16/15 at 4:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 361
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it will. I had the Xonar DX before and didn't find them a step up from the onboard Realtek. If you don't need the portability, a full sized amp would be better.
If I get an amp and DAC, Ill probably get the NFB 11.32. Thoughts on that with the HD600?
Um, I havent heard it, sorry. I've considered getting something from AudioGd though, they seem to have good feedback on their products.
DX don't have a headphone amp , just a line out , so it will not help without a dedicated headphone amp
The HD600 series scale very well, meaning each time you improve the chain you should notice an appreciable difference.
I’ve had my Senns for sometime now and even though I’ve enjoyed them with a few amps over the years they have only recently really come to strut their own with my current set-up.
Or not , depending about what gear you are using , reaching a certain level , there is no real improvements it's much about hardware equalization than anything else , colorations that suite more or less your tastes.
Just one caveat - as much as the HD600 reveals changes in upstream components easily, it's not always an improvement. I've tried several CDPs - Marantz CD5003, NAD C545, Cambridge 350C and 651C - and I didn't like them. Imaging was a little weird (check out reply #26 on this thread for further details). The Regas (the older, bigger Apollo and the Saturn) were too dark for my tastes. So far, among the CDPs I've tried my HD600 and Cantate with, the ones I like are the Shanling SCD-T200,* Cayin CDT-23/CD100i and CD50T,** and the Arcam CD72.*** Sure these are CDPs but the only difference between them and a DAC is the CD transport and a computer (or other device), but in any case I'm not rushing to replace using the Cantate.2's USB DAC. Might get the ODAC and a proper USB OTG with powerbank pigtail soon though.
*modded - a bit dark but I could have lived with it IF it was cheaper (Cayin dealer was selling it on consignment for around $1,500 with less than 20hrs on the new tubes) on account of OCD - it used a similar but wider chassis as my amp
**for the most part were neutral, but listen well and the midrange is a little bit sweeter-sounding - a bit soft and warm but not too much on the strings and vocals and lots of extension on female vocals on the CDT-23; in short, it'll make some recordings a little better without annoying me on other (if not most) recordings like the Regas did
***neutral, soundstage was wider and deeper than the Cayins but not weird like the Cambridge and Marantz
Edited by ProtegeManiac - 12/11/13 at 7:35am
Back in the day, 10+ years ago, the HD600 was praised to the heavens when mated with tubes. I don't read much about that today. Is it because most users today have an aversion to tube amps or what? To those who haven't heard their HD600's with tubes, I would highly recommend checking it out!
any suggestion for a entry-level tube amp?
Edited by unkle - 12/12/13 at 11:34am
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › AKG K7xx vs Hifiman He400i 4 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 26 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 26 seconds ago
- › Portable AMP DAC for AKG K612 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2