- 108 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 2/16/15 at 4:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Micro review of the Oppo HA-1: rankings (because the bars to the side for some reason are not representative of the rank I gave) audio quality: 2/5 design: 4/5 quality: 3.5/5 value:...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 361
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it will. I had the Xonar DX before and didn't find them a step up from the onboard Realtek. If you don't need the portability, a full sized amp would be better.
If I get an amp and DAC, Ill probably get the NFB 11.32. Thoughts on that with the HD600?
Um, I havent heard it, sorry. I've considered getting something from AudioGd though, they seem to have good feedback on their products.
DX don't have a headphone amp , just a line out , so it will not help without a dedicated headphone amp
The HD600 series scale very well, meaning each time you improve the chain you should notice an appreciable difference.
I’ve had my Senns for sometime now and even though I’ve enjoyed them with a few amps over the years they have only recently really come to strut their own with my current set-up.
Or not , depending about what gear you are using , reaching a certain level , there is no real improvements it's much about hardware equalization than anything else , colorations that suite more or less your tastes.
Just one caveat - as much as the HD600 reveals changes in upstream components easily, it's not always an improvement. I've tried several CDPs - Marantz CD5003, NAD C545, Cambridge 350C and 651C - and I didn't like them. Imaging was a little weird (check out reply #26 on this thread for further details). The Regas (the older, bigger Apollo and the Saturn) were too dark for my tastes. So far, among the CDPs I've tried my HD600 and Cantate with, the ones I like are the Shanling SCD-T200,* Cayin CDT-23/CD100i and CD50T,** and the Arcam CD72.*** Sure these are CDPs but the only difference between them and a DAC is the CD transport and a computer (or other device), but in any case I'm not rushing to replace using the Cantate.2's USB DAC. Might get the ODAC and a proper USB OTG with powerbank pigtail soon though.
*modded - a bit dark but I could have lived with it IF it was cheaper (Cayin dealer was selling it on consignment for around $1,500 with less than 20hrs on the new tubes) on account of OCD - it used a similar but wider chassis as my amp
**for the most part were neutral, but listen well and the midrange is a little bit sweeter-sounding - a bit soft and warm but not too much on the strings and vocals and lots of extension on female vocals on the CDT-23; in short, it'll make some recordings a little better without annoying me on other (if not most) recordings like the Regas did
***neutral, soundstage was wider and deeper than the Cayins but not weird like the Cambridge and Marantz
Edited by ProtegeManiac - 12/11/13 at 7:35am
Back in the day, 10+ years ago, the HD600 was praised to the heavens when mated with tubes. I don't read much about that today. Is it because most users today have an aversion to tube amps or what? To those who haven't heard their HD600's with tubes, I would highly recommend checking it out!
any suggestion for a entry-level tube amp?
Edited by unkle - 12/12/13 at 11:34am
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 22 seconds ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › LUMINARE amp & VERTO box, by AudioValve 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2