- 109 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
Accutone Pisces Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828002/accutone-pisces-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 361
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes it will. I had the Xonar DX before and didn't find them a step up from the onboard Realtek. If you don't need the portability, a full sized amp would be better.
If I get an amp and DAC, Ill probably get the NFB 11.32. Thoughts on that with the HD600?
Um, I havent heard it, sorry. I've considered getting something from AudioGd though, they seem to have good feedback on their products.
DX don't have a headphone amp , just a line out , so it will not help without a dedicated headphone amp
The HD600 series scale very well, meaning each time you improve the chain you should notice an appreciable difference.
I’ve had my Senns for sometime now and even though I’ve enjoyed them with a few amps over the years they have only recently really come to strut their own with my current set-up.
Or not , depending about what gear you are using , reaching a certain level , there is no real improvements it's much about hardware equalization than anything else , colorations that suite more or less your tastes.
Just one caveat - as much as the HD600 reveals changes in upstream components easily, it's not always an improvement. I've tried several CDPs - Marantz CD5003, NAD C545, Cambridge 350C and 651C - and I didn't like them. Imaging was a little weird (check out reply #26 on this thread for further details). The Regas (the older, bigger Apollo and the Saturn) were too dark for my tastes. So far, among the CDPs I've tried my HD600 and Cantate with, the ones I like are the Shanling SCD-T200,* Cayin CDT-23/CD100i and CD50T,** and the Arcam CD72.*** Sure these are CDPs but the only difference between them and a DAC is the CD transport and a computer (or other device), but in any case I'm not rushing to replace using the Cantate.2's USB DAC. Might get the ODAC and a proper USB OTG with powerbank pigtail soon though.
*modded - a bit dark but I could have lived with it IF it was cheaper (Cayin dealer was selling it on consignment for around $1,500 with less than 20hrs on the new tubes) on account of OCD - it used a similar but wider chassis as my amp
**for the most part were neutral, but listen well and the midrange is a little bit sweeter-sounding - a bit soft and warm but not too much on the strings and vocals and lots of extension on female vocals on the CDT-23; in short, it'll make some recordings a little better without annoying me on other (if not most) recordings like the Regas did
***neutral, soundstage was wider and deeper than the Cayins but not weird like the Cambridge and Marantz
Edited by ProtegeManiac - 12/11/13 at 7:35am
Back in the day, 10+ years ago, the HD600 was praised to the heavens when mated with tubes. I don't read much about that today. Is it because most users today have an aversion to tube amps or what? To those who haven't heard their HD600's with tubes, I would highly recommend checking it out!
any suggestion for a entry-level tube amp?
Edited by unkle - 12/12/13 at 11:34am
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 41 seconds ago
- › Benchmark DAC3 HGC (w/ ESS Sabre 9028PRO) 43 seconds ago
- › Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Which portable amp? 1 minute ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? 1 minute ago
- › Can I Simply SEE The DSD Files On A Super Audio CD From My PC's CD... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear