or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 354

post #5296 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijodelbrx View Post

?????"Lovely headband"?????

Man, beauty must truly be in the eye of the beholder cause I think they look hideous!wink.gif

I want to protect the stock headband. Mine started to wear off. :(

 

I wish Senn design their headphone like Beyerdynamic. Their earpad damn comfortable, solid build. HD600 feels like a pair of metal mesh ear cups, attached to a piece of metal, ordinary headband cushion and earpad.

 

Senn's fan, please don't bash me. I'm a Senn fan but I wish they at least built like Beyer DT 770. But doesn't need to look good to sound good. And Senn must have their own reason too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalHIFI View Post
 

China,haha.

 

I am chinese music lover.

From Taobao? Mind to give the link?

post #5297 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
 

Hi guys, new to the thread. My HD600 is in the mail, excited to hear it. I'm sure this has been asked a million times and is subject to personal opinion, what is a popular desktop amp around $150-$200 that goes well with the HD600?


I vote for O²

post #5298 of 17154

^ Yep, I forgot to mention the O2 and ODAC. That's a great option as well.

post #5299 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

From Taobao? Mind to give the link?

OK.

 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.5.0.0.aNVLge&id=25688008623

 

There are 4 kind colour.

post #5300 of 17154

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalHIFI View Post
 

OK.

 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.5.0.0.aNVLge&id=25688008623

 

There are 4 kind colour.


Thank you... Plan to get something from Taobao. Maybe will include this in the parcel.:D Having difficulties browsing Chinese website because I can't read it. Google translate not really helpful.


Edited by diaBoliQu3 - 12/6/13 at 12:36am
post #5301 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

 


Thank you... Plan to get something from Taobao. Maybe will include this in the parcel.:D Having difficulties browsing Chinese website because I can't read it. Google translate not really helpful.

It's a pleasure.

 

Google translate is also poor in english. Fortunately,my english is OK.

 

It is seemed that Taobao is famous in foreigner friends.Haha.

post #5302 of 17154

I really love my Senn 600.  Unfortunately, I cannot use them at work.  I need a pair of closed headphones that is just as good if not better.  Any recommendations?  I was listening to my HD600 for hours tonight and the longer I listened to them the more I loved the sound.  Never once was there any harshness in the treble.  I just returned my B&W P7 because I couldn't listen to them for extended period of time.  I literally would have to lower the volume.  In comparison to the P7, there is something really special about the signature sound of the HD600.  With the P7, sound stage is very good and the mid is pretty decent.  But I find the P7 really boring in comparison to the HD600.  Something is magical on the HD600 which makes me want to listen more and more...  let me know if you know any closed back that does the trick.  I am considering the Alpha Dog or even Mad Dog.

post #5303 of 17154
What music?
I just got a TH600 and it does sound superb with EDM . They'll be replacing my Mad dogs as my closed can I take around and listen to in the office. The Mad Dogs are more comfortable with the Alpha pads and the isolate better but the TH600 has it all over the mad dogs for SQ is most areas. The TH600 doesn't isolate nearly as well and skund leaks a little bit.
Edited by spurxiii - 12/6/13 at 1:42am
post #5304 of 17154

^ Yep, TH-600 leaks a lot and doesn't isolate well at all for a closed can but it sounds great.

post #5305 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
 

I really love my Senn 600.  Unfortunately, I cannot use them at work.  I need a pair of closed headphones that is just as good if not better.  Any recommendations?  I was listening to my HD600 for hours tonight and the longer I listened to them the more I loved the sound.  Never once was there any harshness in the treble.  I just returned my B&W P7 because I couldn't listen to them for extended period of time.  I literally would have to lower the volume.  In comparison to the P7, there is something really special about the signature sound of the HD600.  With the P7, sound stage is very good and the mid is pretty decent.  But I find the P7 really boring in comparison to the HD600.  Something is magical on the HD600 which makes me want to listen more and more...  let me know if you know any closed back that does the trick.  I am considering the Alpha Dog or even Mad Dog.

 

I'd look into the MDR-7520. I think it sounds better than the Mad Dog and is definitely more comfortable.

post #5306 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post


How difficult is the Bottlehead Crack to assemble? I have a soldering iron and have used it several times.

ImI'm also considering getting the NFB 11.32, any comments on that? Comments comparing the two? One advantage or the NFB is that is also has a DAC, which I currently don't have.

 

The Audio GD stuff is great. I have an NFB12.1 and used it for a long time before getting the Crack.  The AGD is more neutral.  The Crack is more tubey and smooth.  It is my first tube amp and I cannot recommend it enough.  To me, the Crack MAKES the HD600's.  Don't get me wrong, they are great cans on their own, but with the Crack, they are one of the best.

 

Building it is really straight forward and there is a lot of support.  I think that if you go into with the idea that building the amp is half the fun, you'll be fine. If you cringe at the though, then it may not be for you.

 

If you go for the NFB now, you can always add the the Crack later and use it as a DAC (that's what I did).

post #5307 of 17154

This is probably the wrong place to post that but because you are already discussing around this, I'm also chasing a closed headphones as I won't be able to listen to my HD600/HD700 anymore for the coming months.

I already have a Mad Dogs 3.1, I like it but I'm looking for something clearer, less "closed" because at the end even if they are very good, I find them a bit claustrophobic.

I was thinking about Kef M500 or HP100 or maybe Signature pro if I can find a good 2n hand price.

I might consider TH600 as well but I have no comparison between m500/HP100 or Sig Pro/TH600... if by chance somebody woud have an opinion... thanks

post #5308 of 17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolinho View Post
 

This is probably the wrong place to post that but because you are already discussing around this, I'm also chasing a closed headphones as I won't be able to listen to my HD600/HD700 anymore for the coming months.

I already have a Mad Dogs 3.1, I like it but I'm looking for something clearer, less "closed" because at the end even if they are very good, I find them a bit claustrophobic.

I was thinking about Kef M500 or HP100 or maybe Signature pro if I can find a good 2n hand price.

I might consider TH600 as well but I have no comparison between m500/HP100 or Sig Pro/TH600... if by chance somebody woud have an opinion... thanks

If the TH600 is anything like the Denon X000 line then it's far from closed. No isolation and heaps of leakage from those headphones. To clarify, I haven't heard the Fostex TH600, and thus if anyone has their input would be much appreciated, but I was looking for a closed headphone too and after experiencing the D2000 and D5000 I crossed them off my list of closed headphones immediately. 

post #5309 of 17154
Indeed.Had a D2000 and isolation was meuh but enough for office use.
post #5310 of 17154

I also have both HD600 and HD700 and I use AKG K550 in the work, where they have to be closed. These AKGs are by far the best closed ones I have tried (ATH M50, HD-25, Marshall Major etc). HD700s still rule! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread