or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 351

post #5251 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Atrocity View Post
 

How would the HD600 pair with a clip zip and PA2V2? Neutral? Too warm? Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of the LM4481 opamp used in the PA2V2, it has distortion curves that have a steep ramp up either side of 1 Khz.  Being powered by 2 AA batteries and not having a DC to DC upconverter I doubt that the PA2V2 can properly drive a pair of HD600's. A reasonably priced desktop amp would be a Schiit Magni or if a portable is needed a FiiO E12 would work out well.

post #5252 of 17113
O2 also works well, and is (trans)portable.
post #5253 of 17113

Indeed, to my ears, O2 is working well with my HD600 (DAC: HRT microstreamer)

post #5254 of 17113

What's the cheapest portable amp that can power HD600? Thinking of using UD100 as DAC. And I found used Fiio E10 and Ibasso D2+ Boa at nice price locally. Don't know which to grab.

post #5255 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

What's the cheapest portable amp that can power HD600? Thinking of using UD100 as DAC. And I found used Fiio E10 and Ibasso D2+ Boa at nice price locally. Don't know which to grab.

 

Headstage Arrow?

A little pretty amp plenty of power.

post #5256 of 17113
New HD600 owner checking in. Love the thread.
post #5257 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Atrocity View Post
 

You're kinda selling me on the HD600 :gs1000smile:

 

What would you say is more neutral in the mid-fi camp??

 

Hum hard to say , the 3 had some kind of interpretation of "neutrality" (don't make any sense but :D) , the 3 are close to it but let's say : K70X a little light on the bass , HD600 a little hump on the midbass , and the DT 880 a little pike in the highs . (just to schematize it's not so easy) .

post #5258 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I'm not a fan of the LM4481 opamp used in the PA2V2, it has distortion curves that have a steep ramp up either side of 1 Khz.  Being powered by 2 AA batteries and not having a DC to DC upconverter I doubt that the PA2V2 can properly drive a pair of HD600's. A reasonably priced desktop amp would be a Schiit Magni or if a portable is needed a FiiO E12 would work out well.

Ahhh yes. I've always been thrown off guard a little bit by the PA2V2's love around here. It seems to have audible distortion, so why do people praise it? I used to love it until I used another amp and heard how CLEAN it sounded.

post #5259 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I'm not a fan of the LM4481 opamp used in the PA2V2, it has distortion curves that have a steep ramp up either side of 1 Khz.  Being powered by 2 AA batteries and not having a DC to DC upconverter I doubt that the PA2V2 can properly drive a pair of HD600's. A reasonably priced desktop amp would be a Schiit Magni or if a portable is needed a FiiO E12 would work out well.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Atrocity View Post
 

Ahhh yes. I've always been thrown off guard a little bit by the PA2V2's love around here. It seems to have audible distortion, so why do people praise it? I used to love it until I used another amp and heard how CLEAN it sounded.

I'm afraid that many people don't know what it is they are hearing and hear what they want to hear because of what they've read. Once that's done they can go along with the fanfare.

Same goes for power cords, unless you live next to a radio transmitter and are experiencing RFI/EMI you don't need such power cords. In fact if you don't have a proper powerline filter to plug the cord into, then the cord alone is worthless. Yet some people claim that the SQ is improved, even an improvement in soundstage. How in the heck does a power cord do that:confused_face_2:  Oh. please. :D 

post #5260 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

I'm afraid that many people don't know what it is they are hearing and hear what they want to hear because of what they've read. Once that's done they can go along with the fanfare.

Same goes for power cords, unless you live next to a radio transmitter and are experiencing RFI/EMI you don't need such power cords. In fact if you don't have a proper powerline filter to plug the cord into, then the cord alone is worthless. Yet some people claim that the SQ is improved, even an improvement in soundstage. How in the heck does a power cord do that:confused_face_2:  Oh. please. :D 

so you've tested this extensively I am assuming. Because you must have, otherwise, A blanket statement like this is just about as useful as the people who praise the power cords.  Or do you purposely try to throw in a spark, hoping to start a heated argument?  It seems like your theme.  Sorry to be so confrontational, but its gotten to the point where I actually wonder how you will crap on something someone has said as soon as I read it.  

post #5261 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

I'm afraid that many people don't know what it is they are hearing and hear what they want to hear because of what they've read. Once that's done they can go along with the fanfare.

Same goes for power cords, unless you live next to a radio transmitter and are experiencing RFI/EMI you don't need such power cords. In fact if you don't have a proper powerline filter to plug the cord into, then the cord alone is worthless. Yet some people claim that the SQ is improved, even an improvement in soundstage. How in the heck does a power cord do that:confused_face_2:  Oh. please. :D 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 

so you've tested this extensively I am assuming. Because you must have, otherwise, A blanket statement like this is just about as useful as the people who praise the power cords.  Or do you purposely try to throw in a spark, hoping to start a heated argument?  It seems like your theme.  Sorry to be so confrontational, but its gotten to the point where I actually wonder how you will crap on something someone has said as soon as I read it.  

As it so happens to be I'm an electrical engineer who has in the past designed sensitive electronic instrumentation that measured voltages as low as 125 nV per bit. Yes that's 125 Billionths of a volt. Part of my problem was due to powerline noise in industrial environments. I had to design power supplies and shielding to protect the integrity of sensitive measurements as well as protection from damage. Measurements were made to certify the improvements and qualify the resistance to noise. My designs were tested and certified by the National Bureau of Standards. I also designed and worked with Electronic Music Synthesizersback when they were all analog and very susceptible to induced noise and so on. I do have expertise in this matter and am a professional engineer. I am not speaking lightly or in jest. If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry.

post #5262 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

As it so happens to be I'm an electrical engineer who has in the past designed sensitive electronic instrumentation that measured voltages as low as 125 nV per bit. Yes that's 125 Billionths of a volt. Part of my problem was due to powerline noise in industrial environments. I had to design power supplies and shielding to protect the integrity of sensitive measurements as well as protection from damage. Measurements were made to certify the improvements and qualify the resistance to noise. My designs were tested and certified by the National Bureau of Standards. I also designed and worked with Electronic Music Synthesizersback when they were all analog and very susceptible to induced noise and so on. I do have expertise in this matter and am a professional engineer. I am not speaking lightly or in jest. If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry.

So you design something like this:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/products/vSeries/v-psuii/

 

How come this thing improve sound. Thank you.

post #5263 of 17113

Looks like I got a special gift delivered!

 

 

 

 

post #5264 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post

so you've tested this extensively I am assuming.

Ive never been in outer space and tried breathing, yet I can confidently state that there is no air up there. biggrin.gif
Edited by palmfish - 12/2/13 at 4:34pm
post #5265 of 17113
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

So you design something like this:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/products/vSeries/v-psuii/

 

How come this thing improve sound. Thank you.

It will improve the quality of sound if you believe it to do so. IMO, unless your equipment has a poorly designed power supply or is unstable, has noise or hum, this is a waste of money. If someone enjoys such a device, then that's fine with me. Hmm, isn't this device discontinued?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread