how would the hd600 sound with the fiio e7+9?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Schiit Asgard does an amazing job driving the SennHD600's and is in your price range as well. Really, really great solid state amp that keeps the sound signature of the HD600's alive while giving it that added sense of power and effortlessness. These two pieces pair up so well. The build quality of the Asgard is top notch as well and comes with a 5-year warranty.
Got my HD600s in and I'm very satisfied. Running them through E7/E9 combo, and I'm happy. Female vocals are way up front, and I'm loving it. Classical is fine, not really hearing a big difference between the 600s and the modded 555s in terms of soundstage though.
Have a quick question though, how do DT880s (600 ohm) compare to the 600s?
Edited by JudgeDreadLocks - 8/7/11 at 7:45pm
dt880s will have brighter (piercing) highs and have a more recessed midrange although their bass is tighter on the right amp. I can't listen to music on the dt880s for a long time because they get too fatiguing for me.
The high gain adds an upper midrange glare to all headphones IMO. It might seem like it sounds more exciting at first but I like the sound of the more uncolored low gain setting. The combo just sounds like a more expensive amp to me at low gain.
Edited by donunus - 8/7/11 at 8:16pm
Holy SHIATZ! i just got my hd 600s and i'm listening thru my macbook pro and a cmoybb. yeap a cmoybb! and it sounds so great already without any burn in time. can't wait to get my hands on some desktop amp and more burn in time. woooo!!
I don't find HD600's sounding good with mid-fi equipment, not to mention low-fi.
These phones are even more amp freaky phones than our DT880's.
There is a problem getting volume out of 600ohm DT880's, but once's it's reached, these phones perform great. This doesn't refer to HD600's at all. My sens sound different from each and every source I plug them in. On low-mid-fi amps, DT880's are a clear winner on pretty everything (but comfort and soundstage accuracy). You'll need at least an AMB M3 to make my HD600 sound as big as DT880's, and even outperform them on vocal music. I own the older HD600's. May be the new one are less problematic, but the one I own indeed are .
"Piercing" isn't the most accurate description for DT880's . IT is for DT990's , not with DT880's. "Sparky" is a better definition.
Edited by AlexRoma - 8/8/11 at 5:50am
The e7/e9 is pretty ridiculous for the price though. I mean they drive the hd600 better than the Gilmore Lite with DPS which costed around 600 bucks when they were available
this is my first posting after lurking here for months. just recieved my hd 600 after doing tons of reading here and i must say that after 10 to 15 differrent headphone these are the best ive owned and they really sinc well with my antique sound labs mk111. thanks everybody for the great site and all the info that is available here
Edited by judomaniak - 8/8/11 at 9:04pm
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › What causes a "veiled" sound? 4 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 7 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear