Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 320

post #4786 of 9276

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiFv7cICWRU&feature=player_embedded

 

Finally we must still come back to the celebration of music..

watch this vid...n DUN miss that super sexxxy lady near the end.

:D


Edited by Lorspeaker - 10/13/13 at 9:10pm
post #4787 of 9276
Vivaldi with a beat? Forget the Eurotrash Lors... wink.gif

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FgvfRSzmMoU
Edited by palmfish - 10/13/13 at 9:31pm
post #4788 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

I've been stretching my 600s over my speakers so they don't clamp so hard but they naturally seem to spring back and start clamping hard again. How long do I need to keep doing this? Been at it for about a week.   

 

Full extend the extenders all the way out - and then lightly bend the extenders - not the plastic headband.  Be very careful with the plastic - it unfortunately can snap (I've done it).

post #4789 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

Full extend the extenders all the way out - and then lightly bend the extenders - not the plastic headband.  Be very careful with the plastic - it unfortunately can snap (I've done it).
Thanks. I give it a go
post #4790 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


Thanks I studied mechanical engineering but it's been a while. I believe it depends on the material you use and perhaps how much it's been heat treated. My HE500s responded well to stretching and now doesn't clamp so tight

I used to work with a lot of mechanical engineers when I designed electronics for process control and used strain gauges. They taught me a lot about the topic of stress and strain. I used to have my designs certified by the Nation Bureau of Standards and they were all too glad to fail something on a small detail.

post #4791 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

lol. 

 

OK I've got a question that will put this thread back on track. 

 

I've been stretching my 600s over my speakers so they don't clamp so hard but they naturally seem to spring back and start clamping hard again. How long do I need to keep doing this? Been at it for about a week.   

 

By doing that you will wear out the earpads without having listened to them enough. Just to be thorough, at what setting are you using them? I never had any clamping issues but I wear it at a loose setting - about seven or eight clicks from the tightest setting where the metal arms are fully retracted into the headband (first half-click and second half click I count as two, so at least six more after that). Never had to stretch them out over anything. At less than six clicks it's too tight and bass sounds a little too strong.

post #4792 of 9276
Bent the metal area slightly and it seems to work
post #4793 of 9276

I learned to do the headband bending thing with the my 650's. I went through 3 lots of pads before I realised I could keep them firm and plush this way...

 

It helps keep the soundstage larger too ;)

post #4794 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

I learned to do the headband bending thing with the my 650's. I went through 3 lots of pads before I realised I could keep them firm and plush this way...

It helps keep the soundstage larger too wink.gif
You're right the soundstage is improved. Free mod
post #4795 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


You're right the soundstage is improved. Free mod

 

Not so much a free mod as it is properly wearing it. It is easier to make a headphone slightly tight and have larger heads expand it than have smaller heads trying to find ways to clamp it tighter.

post #4796 of 9276

I must have a huuuge bonce. Mine are stretched right out there! I'd also add, that you'd have to have the head size of a 1 month old baby for the Senn's to be too slack and need tightening! :D

post #4797 of 9276
Mine's relatively new and was still uncomfortably tight even after a week of stretching, but the deliberate bending of the metal band area does the trick in keeping it loose. The soundstage has improved also
post #4798 of 9276

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

I must have a huuuge bonce. Mine are stretched right out there!

 

It still fits fine on my head at that setting, as long as my head doesn't move. If I have a high-back chair I can rest my head on while still relatively upright I'd probably set my headband looser than the eight or nine clicks I have on them now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

I'd also add, that you'd have to have the head size of a 1 month old baby for the Senn's to be too slack and need tightening! :D

 

Depends - it's not like you'd need to tighten from zero clicks. Unless, of course, you're 1mo old. Also, when I attend meets, I always find my HD600s tightened down to about four to six clicks, and my height is pretty average around here at 5'7". Then again, when I was a kid I had the proportions of basically a grey alien, so given my HD600 settings it's clearer now that it wasn't because I didn't discover the wonders of porterhouse and pork belly until I was in fourth grade.

post #4799 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post
 

 

 

It still fits fine on my head at that setting, as long as my head doesn't move. If I have a high-back chair I can rest my head on while still relatively upright I'd probably set my headband looser than the eight or nine clicks I have on them now.

 

 

Depends - it's not like you'd need to tighten from zero clicks. Unless, of course, you're 1mo old. Also, when I attend meets, I always find my HD600s tightened down to about four to six clicks, and my height is pretty average around here at 5'7". Then again, when I was a kid I had the proportions of basically a grey alien, so given my HD600 settings it's clearer now that it wasn't because I didn't discover the wonders of porterhouse and pork belly until I was in fourth grade.

haha good stuff :) I've always had quite a large head (can't get many hats to fit me lol) so the vice grip really becomes uncomfortable without the stretching. 

 

Heres a pic of me with 650's from a few years ago..

 

(ok its a face warp.. But you get the picture! BIG!)

post #4800 of 9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

haha good stuff :) I've always had quite a large head (can't get many hats to fit me lol) so the vice grip really becomes uncomfortable without the stretching. 

 

Heres a pic of me with 650's from a few years ago..

 

 

(ok its a face warp.. But you get the picture! BIG!)

 

I actually had the same photo on my iPad2 - same distortion effect, wearing HD600s, and yes my room is blue - but I think I've buried it in one of my backup portable HDDs. I think I should dig through them tomorrow.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread