Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 319

post #4771 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

You are obviously very passionate about your music and I think its great that you have found such pleasure with your HD 600 based setup, but I think a little dose of reality is in order here.

The HD 600 is a transducer, created by engineers to turn electrical signals into mechanical movement and emit sound. There is no mystical spirit living within the earcups adding rainbows and honey to the sound waves, and no amount of cable tweaking or power conditioning is going to change that.

The emotion you feel and the tears that run down your cheek are a personal subjective experience you enjoy while listening so music that moves you and for you, the HD 600 is the device that best delivers this for you. Purely subjective, of course, and different for everyone.

Again, its great that you enjoy your system so much. Im just putting forth the counterpoint that your particular opinion of the synergy of the HD 600, amp, cables, power conditioner, etc. is purley subjective and quite probably not repeatable by anyone else.

As for me, I really like the HD 600, but I have never been moved by any headphone the way you have. I need speakers to experience natural front soundstage, delays, reflections, and a sense of envelopment. The brain is able to adapt remarkably well to the hard left/right separation of headphone sound and "fill in the blanks" to make it enjoyable, but I would never say that headphones sound "like Im there." Thats impossible with headphones without some serious DSP... (And no, binaural recordings dont do it either - even the best ones dont present a true front soundstage to me).

:blink:

post #4772 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 

:blink:

 

  There are some people  ..if they cannot hear the soundtone  ,,they wanted other people to know

  that the soundtone doesn't exist. They only  hear music as merely a soundwave. They  dont listen 

  with their heart,,they do not  listen with their soul. they are tonally deaf but wanted other people to

  be the same. In short , They just hear music as a molecules of air hitting one another -nothing

  special . This kind of people will ever be in audio nirvana unless they were dope, i think   :eek:

 

 Listen to music with your soul -you will enjoy music to the fullest

post #4773 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalz View Post
 

 

  There are some people  ..if they cannot hear the soundtone  ,,they wanted other people to know

  that the soundtone doesn't exist. They only  hear music as merely a soundwave. They  dont listen 

  with their heart,,they do not  listen with their soul. they are tonally deaf but wanted other people to

  be the same. In short , They just hear music as a molecules of air hitting one another -nothing

  special . This kind of people will "never"  be in audio nirvana unless they were dope, i think   :eek:

 

 Listen to music with your soul -you will enjoy music to the fullest

  not ever--but never

post #4774 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

I just checked out the song kamalz was talking about. An absolutely amazing performance, worth a share:


Someone did take me seriously..

post #4775 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalz View Post

  There are some people  ..if they cannot hear the soundtone  ,,they wanted other people to know
  that the soundtone doesn't exist. They only  hear music as merely a soundwave. They  dont listen 
  with their heart,,they do not  listen with their soul. they are tonally deaf but wanted other people to
  be the same. In short , They just hear music as a molecules of air hitting one another -nothing
  special . This kind of people will ever be in audio nirvana unless they were dope, i think   eek.gif

 Listen to music with your soul -you will enjoy music to the fullest

You misunderstand...

Listening to music with your heart and soul is not headphone dependent for me like it is for you. Music that moves my soul transcends the transducer.

Whether Im listening to Sibelius or Sade, it doesnt matter if Im hearing it live in a concert hall, sitting in my living room listening to my speakers, or sitting in a 737 with my IEM's - its the power, emotion, and majesty of the performance that moves me, not the gear the voltage travels through.
post #4776 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


You misunderstand...

Listening to music with your heart and soul is not headphone dependent for me like it is for you. Music that moves my soul transcends the transducer.

Whether Im listening to Sibelius or Sade, it doesnt matter if Im hearing it live in a concert hall, sitting in my living room listening to my speakers, or sitting in a 737 with my IEM's - its the power, emotion, and majesty of the performance that moves me, not the gear the voltage travels through.

 

 My honest opinion,

 

 you are not an audiophile at all..

post #4777 of 8602
-you are not an audiophile at all-

WHOA! That's one of the most condescendingly arrogant statements I've read in quite some time. All these lofty superlatives about music thru audio appreciation become quite the bore once you deign to pass judgment on who is or isn't an audiophile. This is a thread about a headphone. Perhaps you should back off and go listen to some Yanni or something.
post #4778 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijodelbrx View Post

-you are not an audiophile at all-



WHOA! That's one of the most condescendingly arrogant statements I've read in quite some time. All these lofty superlatives about music thru audio appreciation become quite the bore once you deign to pass judgment on who is or isn't an audiophile. This is a thread about a headphone. Perhaps you should back off and go listen to some Yanni or something.

 



No comment..
post #4779 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalz View Post
 

 

 My honest opinion,

 

 you are not an audiophile at all..

Believe me kamalz, palmfish is an audiophile. A well respected one at that. You are clearly very passionate about your music and I really enjoy reading your posts, they are a breath of fresh air. As all the talk of the technicality's can get stale at times. 

 

But you also have to understand that most Audiophile's in general prefer to discuss the technicalities of the machines that deliver the sound. Not the music. But the sound quality.. Not the magic. If you are a true music lover than you will still have tears running down your face with cheap apple buds. How your fave music makes you feel, goes without saying in that respect. 

 

Palmfish (bless him;) is a realist and keeps his feet firmly on the ground. I also have to agree with him here, because at the end of the day headphones are two small stereo speaker close to your ear drums. They can sound amazing! But they will never compete with a good room or venue filled with sound.. As far as an audiophile is concerned.  

 

The music is the magic and the reason why we are in this hobby.. But its the boys toys that we love arguing and gloating about!!  

 

Group hug? :happy_face1: 

post #4780 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


You misunderstand...

Listening to music with your heart and soul is not headphone dependent for me like it is for you. Music that moves my soul transcends the transducer.

Whether Im listening to Sibelius or Sade, it doesnt matter if Im hearing it live in a concert hall, sitting in my living room listening to my speakers, or sitting in a 737 with my IEM's - its the power, emotion, and majesty of the performance that moves me, not the gear the voltage travels through.

 

 

 

this should do equally well... the leopard spots will do for me.... 

 i m a visual guy..:eek::blink::confused::rolleyes::ph34r:  .

 

 

lets enjoy the music which ever way strokes your soul.

:beerchug: 

post #4781 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

Believe me kamalz, palmfish is an audiophile. A well respected one at that. You are clearly very passionate about your music and I really enjoy reading your posts, they are a breath of fresh air. As all the talk of the technicality's can get stale at times. 

 

But you also have to understand that most Audiophile's in general prefer to discuss the technicalities of the machines that deliver the sound. Not the music. But the sound quality.. Not the magic. If you are a true music lover than you will still have tears running down your face with cheap apple buds. How your fave music makes you feel, goes without saying in that respect. 

 

Palmfish (bless him;) is a realist and keeps his feet firmly on the ground. I also have to agree with him here, because at the end of the day headphones are two small stereo speaker close to your ear drums. They can sound amazing! But they will never compete with a good room or venue filled with sound.. As far as an audiophile is concerned.  

 

The music is the magic and the reason why we are in this hobby.. But its the boys toys that we love arguing and gloating about!!  

 

Group hug? :happy_face1: 


PEACE :beerchug:

post #4782 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalz View Post
 


PEACE :beerchug:

Good man and keep up the great posts! :beerchug:

post #4783 of 8602

i do hope the hd600 has not been dissected down to two transducers betw the ears...

after 300pages...sad, shocking..but its so "human".

 

Many folks have tuned their setups, over many hours...

some with more success/passion than others.

Some cried, some are just unmoved...

some are artists, some are technicalists.

 

 

Just a piece of oldwood some would clamp their chins on. :D

post #4784 of 8602
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

 

 

Palmfish (bless him;) is a realist and keeps his feet firmly on the ground.

False, he is a pilot:atsmile:

post #4785 of 8602

^^^:D  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread