Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 313
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Any grain in the HD600 & HD650 is due to the poor cable.
Get an after market cable such as Cardas, etc.
I've had the V3 .. and now the V4... the dual-mono architecture is fantastic.. stereo separation is as impressive as advertised. The amps reminds me of a beefier, more spacious UHA-6S MKII... the HD600 & HD800 ate it up!
Yeah, Sennheiser really needs to upgrade their quality control measures to keep grain out of their cables. That or build a factory further away from those barley and buckwheat farms.
Edited by palmfish - 10/4/13 at 5:30pm
You're right, the HD800s are even uglier. (Seriously, what is with Sennheiser and ugly flagships?!?!?)
But it could be three times as ugly and I still wouldn't care. I love the way they (and the HD600s) sound. Like I always say, my eyes can't see my ears, so what do I care? ;-)
Thats why my hd800 is from Colorware..
Repainted the original so that it can look better than the original
HD600 --no need . But i still think HE500 more attractive
What are the technical properties of the Cardas or any other aftermarket cable that will improve the sound?
Edited by StanD - 10/4/13 at 6:28pm
Well, TECHNICALY, they cost more. So there's that...
That's why I'm still hesitant on buying any custom cable
Then again, I won't be able to confirm the existence of such a difference until I've got one myself. Oh, decisions.
I've got a soldering iron............... and I know how to use it.
Looking at the prices, I could quit my day job and make cables.
Edited by StanD - 10/4/13 at 7:25pm
All thanks to the increased dynamic range of current digital cameras, or processing. In a room that one might keep darker than usual to minimize stimuli that distract from listening, it can be anywhere from subtle blue to black - the marble effect doesn't really come out unless you're looking at it up close.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › post your grado mods.... 24 seconds ago
- › Sacramento Meet? 46 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 55 seconds ago
- › Fostex THX-00 Mahogany MINT SHAPE $315 including shipping and... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear