Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 303

post #4531 of 17970
I got mine for 200$, after a month of lurking around the for sale threads and ebay, so good deals are definitly possible.
But 375$ is quite expensive.....
post #4532 of 17970

Brand new I don't think $375 including taxes is too bad. Retail price is $399 plus tax, and it's $499 in stores here in Canada. But I got mine used here for $200+shipping.

post #4533 of 17970

Razordogs had the HD600's for $280 not long ago, usual prices are $300-320. $350+ is HD650 territory for brand new units not used (which obviously can be had for less). 

post #4534 of 17970

My newly arrived HD600 (new, from an authorized dealer) has what looks like a small silver sticker on the headphone innards (towards the bottom) visible through the grille. It's only inside the left ear cup. The right side has no such thing. From what I can make out it looks like some kind of holographic sticker. It stands out from the background annoyingly, particularly as it isn't lined up straight. It's about 1/4" square. Anyone know what this is?

 

PS: Sorry I have no camera to present an image. But can I assume this is on all current models? 

post #4535 of 17970

Does yours have a small silver sticker visible through the grille of the left ear cup?


Edited by wrightanswer@ear - 10/2/13 at 10:28pm
post #4536 of 17970

Am I the first person to like the HD600 more than the HD800?  I've owned the HD800 for quite a while.. and I've driven it with two of the best amps you can buy for under $1K (BH Crack & a speaker amp, the TBI Millenia w/ a custom built resistor box to match impedances & shelve down output).. and both amps drove the HD800 beautifully.  Do note, I still absolutely LOVE the HD800.. I've had it since the beginning of this year.. it's a phenomenal headphone.. and certainly more technically-capable than the HD600.  I also owned the HD600 before I bought the HD800, and just recently purchased the HD600 again.. so this is my second go around with the 600.  I've also heard the 600 many many times before buying it the first time, so I've very familiar with it's nuances).  What I'm getting at is that I'm very accustomed to both phones.

 

What I will say is that the BH Crack is an absolutely terrific match for the HD600.. I can't think of a single-ended amp under $1000 (maybe even a little more than that) that it sounds better from.  This thing LOVES Class A power.  That being said, I don't think you've truly heard what the HD600 can do until you've heard it off a balanced rig.  Enter my speaker amp (the Millenia).  I'm floored at just how well the 600 scales.  I've always found it's stage on the intimate side, despite being open backed.  With the Millenia.. it sounds extremely spacious, fast, tonally accurate, and quite effortless.  Without babbling on any more.. I'll leave it at this:

 

I don't miss the HD800 one bit.


Edited by FlySweep - 10/2/13 at 10:29pm
post #4537 of 17970
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightanswer@ear View Post
 

Does yours have a small silver sticker visible through the grille of the left ear cup?

 

I don't see any stickers on either insides?

post #4538 of 17970
^You won't find me selling or giving away my HD600 ever again.

Amazing out of McIntosh MC2150 and the Balancing Act. Bottlehead Crack Kit in the house to be built...
Reply
post #4539 of 17970

Well, that makes me even more annoyed with seeing it. It's towards the lower part of the innards, It's on the strut that runs up the middle from the bottom.

post #4540 of 17970
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightanswer@ear View Post
 

Well, that makes me even more annoyed with seeing it. It's towards the lower part of the innards, It's on the strut that runs up the middle from the bottom.

 

Mine has one on the bottom left hand side as you've described. Mine are new :) 

 

It's probably an authenticity sticker.

post #4541 of 17970
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

 

Mine has one on the bottom left hand side as you've described. Mine are new :) 

 

It's probably an authenticity sticker.

 

Well, thanks for that. Makes me feel better that I'm not alone and that it's not something that got stuck in there by mistake.

 

Don't you think it looks horrible though? Mine isn't even symmetrically positioned.

post #4542 of 17970
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightanswer@ear View Post
 

 

Well, thanks for that. Makes me feel better that I'm not alone and that it's not something that got stuck in there by mistake.

 

Don't you think it looks horrible though? Mine isn't even symmetrically positioned.

 

I thought it was weird that it was only on one side.. 

post #4543 of 17970

I've e-mailed Sennheiser to ask what it signifies. I'll post any answer I receive.

 

Apart from that, after only about 8 hours of audition, I'm delighted with everything – sound and comfort are terrific.


Edited by wrightanswer@ear - 10/3/13 at 12:11am
post #4544 of 17970


Too much crack talk
post #4545 of 17970
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightanswer@ear View Post
 

I've e-mailed Sennheiser to ask what it signifies. I'll post any answer I receive.

 

Apart from that, after only about 8 hours of audition, I'm delighted with everything – sound and comfort are terrific.

 

Nice one :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread