or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 31

post #451 of 17151

That's exactly right - timbre is great but they are almost unreal that they sound so good. Now - no HD600 fan is going to deny that they enjoy the HD600 sound because it is a GREAT sound. I just don't they are natural in the way the DT-880(600 ohms) are and I own and love both cans. I would prefer classical on the Beyers mostly because acoustic sounds more real on them.

post #452 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan25 View Post

That's exactly right - timbre is great but they are almost unreal that they sound so good. Now - no HD600 fan is going to deny that they enjoy the HD600 sound because it is a GREAT sound. I just don't they are natural in the way the DT-880(600 ohms) are and I own and love both cans. I would prefer classical on the Beyers mostly because acoustic sounds more real on them.


See, having extensively auditioned the 600 ohm version and owned the 32 ohm version of the DT 880, I'd argue the opposite...  It was a headphone I wanted to like but couldn't for the hot, unrealistic treble.

 

I've yet to listen to any headphone that portrays brass instruments and saxophone more realistically than the HD 600, including the HD 800 and T1.  IMHO of course, since we all hear differently...

post #453 of 17151

When I'm going to for bass, I put 55 and 77Hz to +20dB and then auto level that.  I can then push the HD600's to really great amounts of bass, which gives me headaches lol.  You can feel the headphone vibrating (I don't push it though, just to keep my HD600's from damaging).

 

Quite epic like on 30STM's Hurricane track (the album version).

post #454 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullZero View Post

When I'm going to for bass, I put 55 and 77Hz to +20dB and then auto level that.  I can then push the HD600's to really great amounts of bass, which gives me headaches lol.  You can feel the headphone vibrating (I don't push it though, just to keep my HD600's from damaging).

 

Quite epic like on 30STM's Hurricane track (the album version).


+20 at 55 and 77hz? Lol definitely different strokes for different folks.

 

post #455 of 17151

Yes - we all hear differently and it is good to hear your thoughts on it - Blackbeard Ben!

post #456 of 17151

Listening to the HD600s for the past few hours...I really miss my 5LEs!  frown.gif

 

 

post #457 of 17151
There are worse headphones to be "stuck" with than HD600's!

I had the 5LE's rocking with some vinyl last night... Tonight I plan to do the same with the 600's. smily_headphones1.gif
post #458 of 17151

Of course, and they're good headphones, as far as dynamics go, but I do miss that smooth, effortlessly detailed, completely enveloping sound of the 5LEs.  

 

Vinyl?  I'm jealous!  Rock on.

 

 

post #459 of 17151

Hmm, I'm wondering how an AKG K501 would compare to the HD600. Anyone have had experience with both?

post #460 of 17151
Thread Starter 

FYI: I am selling an excellent condition HD 600 - you can message me if interested.


Edited by Windsor - 7/19/11 at 12:39pm
post #461 of 17151

LOL thats a nice post. The starter of the appreciation thread selling what he is appreciating hehehe. Anyways, I love my hd600s.

post #462 of 17151
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

LOL thats a nice post. The starter of the appreciation thread selling what he is appreciating hehehe. Anyways, I love my hd600s.



that's because anyone in this thread may just want to buy a second one...L3000.gif

 

confused_face%281%29.gif

post #463 of 17151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

LOL thats a nice post. The starter of the appreciation thread selling what he is appreciating hehehe. Anyways, I love my hd600s.


==Sold==

 

My headphone preferences have changed slightly though, so I'm moving in other directions now to support that. The HD 600 is still a wonderful headphone, and I'm grateful for it and the other stuff that I currently have and have tried. 

 

post #464 of 17151

Moving on from a beloved headphone or amp - takes courage and strength - the first two weeks are rough until you realize there are plenty of other fish in the sea - or you check head-fi **** for relief,,,,,after a month - you are footloose and fancy free,,,popping into the nearest dance bar to check out the latest audio eq, buy drinks and strike up a conversation - once you got the number of the model ---- its just a question of taking it home .... and establishing rules for your new found relationship...

post #465 of 17151

Ive tried many other cans before too after my first hd580 then was impressed with the hd600 more than a decade later then moved on to other cans again but now I'm back loving the 600s. I am never letting go of these again. These are as good as it gets for me among dynamics and i even like them more than the he-6

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread