or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 278

post #4156 of 17145

Now I'm really thorn between HD600 or HD650 paired with Aune T1. Both sound promising and both sound great (from what I read)...

post #4157 of 17145

I also have a Sennheiser HD600 and loving it!

Sadly within a year I had to return it to Sennheiser because of a problem with the drivers…

 

They've replaced it and now it working swell again.

 

Coming weeks I will receive the EHHA Rev Kit from Cavalli audio to drive them properly :)

Always wanted to test some good Hybrid kits.

post #4158 of 17145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonZalmrol View Post
 

I also have a Sennheiser HD600 and loving it!

Sadly within a year I had to return it to Sennheiser because of a problem with the drivers…

 

They've replaced it and now it working swell again.

 

Coming weeks I will receive the EHHA Rev Kit from Cavalli audio to drive them properly :)

Always wanted to test some good Hybrid kits.

 

What was the problem with the drivers? Are you sure it wasn't just a hair? ;)

post #4159 of 17145

No really a factory fault.

Whenever high tones came into play the drivers made a crackling noise. Which was quite irritating when watching movies ;)

post #4160 of 17145
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post

Now I'm really thorn between HD600 or HD650 paired with Aune T1. Both sound promising and both sound great (from what I read)...

Having owned three pairs of HD650s, two pairs of HD600s and a pair of HD580s, I can tell you the HD650s were clearly worse than the others. I've sold them all. I've held onto my two pairs of HD600s.
post #4161 of 17145

Just out of curiosity why would you buy more than one of the same headphone? 

post #4162 of 17145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mink42 View Post
 

Just out of curiosity why would you buy more than one of the same headphone? 

 

Until just recently, I had a HD600 for the home and one for the office.

post #4163 of 17145
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

The HD600's were my first good pair of headphones and I had the same reaction-- "Wow, every single song in existence has at least some level of hissing, buzzes, crackles etc." Haha. You don't realize that until you get decent headphones.

I agree, and I found this incredibly annoying. It is particularly common on tracks highlighting female vocals. I think the producers/engineers actually ADD noise to the start of the track, then drop it when the woman starts singing, in order to make you think "Wow! She has such an amazingly clear voice!" I'm not being paranoid, I'm fairly certain this is a common strategy. With lesser headphones/speakers, it isn't as noticeable, so the technique has the desired effect. With good headphones like the HD600, it becomes too obvious and is annoying.
post #4164 of 17145
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcananey View Post


Having owned three pairs of HD650s, two pairs of HD600s and a pair of HD580s, I can tell you the HD650s were clearly worse than the others. I've sold them all. I've held onto my two pairs of HD600s.

Yeah, I think gonna get the HD600 too. What you pair with. And why so many headphones?

3 x HD650

2 x HD600

1 x HD580

 

What you do with them? LOL...

post #4165 of 17145

He probably means he's had them at different times. Lots of people around here sell headphones and end up buying the same one again sometime down the road. And I could see myself owning two HD600's, one for me and one for a friend. My Lake People G109 has two outputs so it would be perfect. ;)


Edited by devhen - 9/16/13 at 12:34am
post #4166 of 17145

Order placed for HD600 and Aune T1:D. Too much poison in Head-Fi... From DT 770 Pro jump till HD600. Oh my... Hopefully this is what I want, I spend too much to regret...:deadhorse:

post #4167 of 17145

Congrats on making the plunge! Daunting at first but once you have them in your paws its sooooooo worth it.

post #4168 of 17145

I love my HD800.. but I'm considering going (back) to the HD600 (I had it before moving to the HD800 near the beginning of the year).  The HD800 is practically a perfect phone for me.. but there's just something about the HD600 that keeps "calling me back."  If I "move up" from the HD600 again, it's going to be to an e-stat.

 

Hmmm.. decisions, decisions.

post #4169 of 17145

Do you like darker sound? Are you sensitive to treble? If yes, go for HD650, if no, go for HD600.

That, and the price. Me, I just EQ the treble slightly, and I get less bright HD600 :D

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

Now I'm really thorn between HD600 or HD650 paired with Aune T1. Both sound promising and both sound great (from what I read)...

post #4170 of 17145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipan View Post
 

What dark sound? I read head-fi terminology but I can't get it.:etysmile: Sensitive for treble question, I love bright sound and clarity.

 

BTW, how is the finishing for HD600? Is it glossy paint, or they have rubberized finish? I seriously hate rubberized finished.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread