- 1,935 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 228
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think this is appropriate to post here:
If anyone in the US is interested in a HD650 instead of a HD600, I'm interested in a HD600. Would be looking for some cash to balance out the trade... My HD650 is a couple months old from an authorized dealer and only used a handful of times. Comes with box and accessories. Send me a pm if interested. Looking for a minty HD600 from auth dealer.
I feel its easier to get more out of the HD600 w/ limited amping. I actually have a HD600 at the office and the HD650 is at home. Both are amped by a E09K. The HD600 is fantastic with that combo...the HD650...meh, not so much. So its either invest in more for a better amp for the HD650 or get another HD600, which actually does quite nicely on a budget amp. The variety of having both is nice but I like the clarity of the HD600 and the thinner bass more. Though, when I am listening to more pop/rock, the HD650's warmer, thicker bass can be fun.
More than I can afford if purchased new. I got the deal of the century here in the for sale forum from member Skylab. You can find them occasionally in the used section here or on Audiogon for $700-1000.
I've been lurking for a while, thought i`d finally take the plunge and talk about my HD600 experience so far.
A couple of months back i purchased the HRT Microstreamer (highly recommended), and wanted a high quality over-ear headphone to pair with it. I was using AKG K450 previously so any cans were going to be a massive upgrade for me. The Momentums were front runners for a while, but my larger than average ears might have caused a problem. I went back and forth before settling on the Q701s. I was ready to order that day when i stumbled across this thread, and needless to say i am now the proud owner of the HD600s
I can`t say anything about these wonderful headphones which hasn`t been said already. The bass is tight and accurate, the mids are clear and detailed, and the treble is open and airy. They are also supremely comfortable, i can wear them for hours and hours without problems.
Having said all that, i feel that the Microstreamer's headphone output doesn't do them justice. When compared with the headphone output of my old Cambridge Audio 640A, the Microstreamer doesn't seem to drive the HD600s sufficiently. There's a lack of dynamics, and the soundstage is a bit flat.
Luckily enough, i just picked up a Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear Diamond Edition on eBay for £415 (£614 RRP), only 2 months old and in mint condition. It hasn`t arrived yet but i`ll be sure to report back when it does. With that on its way, i thought it would be rude not to invest in a Cardas replacement cable. Managed to find a brand new 3m cable for £169 (£225 RRP)
Im now in for £864 since stumbling across this thread! My ears thank you all. My girlfriend on the other hand.....
Thought I'd share my thoughts now that I've had this set for about 2 months now. This headphone really bring out the best in guitars. It's truly amazing, almost indescribable. It's like when you try fruit from outside of the US and it tastes more like that fruit. This is difficult to describe but the instrument sounds like it has more of a personality. Drums can get lost sometimes, particularly in the low end which is the only flaw I have with the phones. The reason I decided on the HD 600s was because I wanted a something I could fall in love with. When I first listened to them there was really nothing about them that wowed me like the DT880s, the AKG 701s, the DT 990s, Grado 225s etc. But as I listened to some of the other headphones some more I realized that not all of my music was listenable through the other cans. Many times the highs were just too sharp on some tracks. The HD600 seemed to handle those notes gracefully. While it is noticeable on them, I would no say that it bothers me. If I could described these in one word it would be romantic.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Post CanJam cynicism. 20 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 55 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Best sound under 200 USD? 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 1 minute ago
- › Headphone stands? 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Replacement Earpad recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2