Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 218

post #3256 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post


lol at your english "that guy" and "the music"
If you constructed your sentences better than a 5th grader you "might be okay to listen to.

We're both contributing to this thread so much...

Dude, come on. No one was personally attacking you. Try not to do that yourself. It only makes you look bad.

 

Back on topic, I'm on my second day of listening with the HD 600 and I know for certain this is about as warm of a headphone I think I'll ever want to go. It sounds very good and I'm really impressed with the construction and serviceability of them (already took them apart twice just because of how easy it was), but I know this is about as warm as I want to go. Will give it several more days before I throw my initial impressions out there.

post #3257 of 8413
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

I'm on my second day of listening with the HD 600 and I know for certain this is about as warm of a headphone I think I'll ever want to go.

Totally agree with you there. The HD600 is "just right."
post #3258 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

Code:
Totally agree with you there. The HD600 is "just right."

 

Ehh. I may have misspoken. I tend to like bright and airy cans vs warm. For me so far, I think the HD 600 is the most extreme signature I could listen to in terms of warmth. Anything beyond these and I think I may have a problem. Just right for me is something closer to a standard K702.

beerchug.gif

post #3259 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Dude, come on. No one was personally attacking you. Try not to do that yourself. It only makes you look bad.

Back on topic, I'm on my second day of listening with the HD 600 and I know for certain this is about as warm of a headphone I think I'll ever want to go. It sounds very good and I'm really impressed with the construction and serviceability of them (already took them apart twice just because of how easy it was), but I know this is about as warm as I want to go. Will give it several more days before I throw my initial impressions out there.
it took me about a week coming from dt880s to go from meh to enjoying them. *sarcasm*Burn in works!*sarcasm* :P

E: I guess that wasn't that obvious. redface.gif
Edited by MrEleventy - 5/21/13 at 3:04pm
post #3260 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


it took me about a week coming from dt880s to go from meh to enjoying them. Burn in works! :P

Yeah, I'm definitely going to give it some time. And yup, I do believe in burn-in. :)

post #3261 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Yeah, I'm definitely going to give it some time. And yup, I do believe in burn-in. :)

 

I think it will be more of a case of mental burn in. I went from the DT880 to the Hd600 as well. Once you stop missing the highs and recessed mids, you'll fall head over heels for the 600.

post #3262 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I think it will be more of a case of mental burn in. I went from the DT880 to the Hd600 as well. Once you stop missing the highs and recessed mids, you'll fall head over heels for the 600.

Then you put on the 880s again and wonder, why was I listening to the 600s?? lol wink.gif I do like them both, it takes me more time to adjust to the HD600s but I do appreciate how they can perform. The jump from HD600 to DT880s is immediate tho. Especially the soundstage.
post #3263 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

I think it will be more of a case of mental burn in. I went from the DT880 to the Hd600 as well. Once you stop missing the highs and recessed mids, you'll fall head over heels for the 600.

yes, the dt 880 cant even step to the 598

post #3264 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


Then you put on the 880s again and wonder, why was I listening to the 600s?? lol wink.gif I do like them both, it takes me more time to adjust to the HD600s but I do appreciate how they can perform. The jump from HD600 to DT880s is immediate tho. Especially the soundstage.

 

It's more of a sound sig difference, like going from something really bass-light to a warmer signature,

post #3265 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

It's more of a sound sig difference, like going from something really bass-light to a warmer signature,
Yeah, I think the dt880s just match my sig preference more. hd600 is a nice " break" from the norm. I'll probably end up selling the 600s to fund other curiosities down the line.
post #3266 of 8413

difficult decision.


Edited by Nowhere - 5/21/13 at 8:55pm
post #3267 of 8413

So last night, I spent some quality time with my Burson Conductor and my current 3 favorite phones ---  HD800, HE-500, and HD600.   First I spent extended time with the HD800, just marveling at the wonderful reproduction, the crystal clear highs, the undistorted lows.  Very enjoyable.  Then the HE-500s --- nice rendition of lows, and a wonderful way of reproducing highs but still allowing playback of less than stellar or lower bitrate recordings.

 

But the HD600 ---- this was the only phone that had me boppin' my head, playing the desk drums, and singing along --- this was the best phone for not merely enjoying the sound, but actually getting into the music.

post #3268 of 8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

So last night, I spent some quality time with my Burson Conductor and my current 3 favorite phones ---  HD800, HE-500, and HD600.   First I spent extended time with the HD800, just marveling at the wonderful reproduction, the crystal clear highs, the undistorted lows.  Very enjoyable.  Then the HE-500s --- nice rendition of lows, and a wonderful way of reproducing highs but still allowing playback of less than stellar or lower bitrate recordings.

 

But the HD600 ---- this was the only phone that had me boppin' my head, playing the desk drums, and singing along --- this was the best phone for not merely enjoying the sound, but actually getting into the music.

I find that my 600s have me doing that often also.  Very involving!  L3000.gif

post #3269 of 8413

and i believe the hd600 can scale further with better dacs,  c*bles etc

post #3270 of 8413

LaFigaro 339 arrived...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread