Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 207

post #3091 of 8682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

Anyone have a silver cable on their HD600 I'm wondering what kind of sound change is there?  I have one coming and I'm curious as to what kind of change it makes, like does the treble get brighter, is the over all detail and clarity better, really any change there is in the SQ and sound signature.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the cable.  I was never really a believer in cables but I recently got a Wireworld Starlight Coax. and it changed everything about my setup, and in my opinion it was for the better.  I'd expect similar findings with a headphone cable.

post #3092 of 8682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

That sound like an awesome cable bro.

just trolling i dont have a super conducting, alien proof, hyperspace cable. when people talk about cables i am skeptical.
post #3093 of 8682

I can tell.

post #3094 of 8682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmstrmbn View Post

Interested to hear your thoughts on the cable.  I was never really a believer in cables but I recently got a Wireworld Starlight Coax. and it changed everything about my setup, and in my opinion it was for the better.  I'd expect similar findings with a headphone cable.

 

When I get my cable I'll be posting what kind of sound change there is if any but I don't see how there wont be. With my silver plated copper cable for my HE-400 I noticed a small change so a pure silver cable has to change the signature to some extent.


Edited by Techno Kid - 5/2/13 at 4:11pm
post #3095 of 8682

Hey guys, I recently joined the club and have been trying to figure out what type of amp to get for it. I have a cmoy that I build a few years ago but I feel like it has a hard time driving the head phones at times. What do you guys use to drive the 600s?

post #3096 of 8682

What are you wanting to spend?

 

For now I have a quite unknown amp the S.M.S.L sApIII and for only $65 its a very nice sounding little desktop amp that's made for high impedance HP's and can power up to 600 ohms.

 

Now I'm waiting on geting a Schitt amp in either the Asgard 2 or the hybrid tube amp Lyr from Schiit and they're both very good amps that would work great for the HD600.

post #3097 of 8682

I have both a Nuforce HDP and Bottlehead Crack.  I prefer the Crack and you can read dozens of pages about how it pairs with the 600s.  The Nuforce comes close and includes a nice DAC so if you don't have a nice DAC its a good value.

post #3098 of 8682

for those looking for a balanced amp without breaking the bank,

the audiogd nfb10,32 pairs v well with the hd600,

a v tall n open sound with a slight warm signature.

tempting to sell away my tube amp. :P

post #3099 of 8682
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtzer View Post

Hey guys, I recently joined the club and have been trying to figure out what type of amp to get for it. I have a cmoy that I build a few years ago but I feel like it has a hard time driving the head phones at times. What do you guys use to drive the 600s?

I'm using the Lyr with my 600s and loving it.  There seems to be many that work well as mentioned above.

post #3100 of 8682

Just got a pair of these, also picked up a Buson DA160 and Soloist the week after, cant recomend this setup enough. Perfect!

 

post #3101 of 8682

Nice looking stack!  Now line up the tunes and get immersed in sound.  smily_headphones1.gif

post #3102 of 8682

Yeah that's a very nice setup and I wish I had the cash to get something like that but the Schiit Lyr will do nicely for what I need and will work great with the othro I have and the one I'm getting.

post #3103 of 8682

Thanks guys,

 

Last two nights I have spent 5 hours a night sitting back and just enjoying them. One thing to note with this gear is that it really likes to be warmed up, the sound that comes out after 30min or so is hugely different from initial switch on (and vastly better :))

 

Also just got a Woo Audio stand so that is sitting there as well now :) looks the part.

 

Now all i need is a custom cable... i was thinking silver litz braided with a viablue jack and cardus connectors. I want to DIY just for the fun of doing it :)

post #3104 of 8682

The silver cable I bought was made by a friend and it was a very reasonable price so I'm hoping it will be pretty good which I know it will.

post #3105 of 8682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

What are you wanting to spend?

 

For now I have a quite unknown amp the S.M.S.L sApIII and for only $65 its a very nice sounding little desktop amp that's made for high impedance HP's and can power up to 600 ohms.

 

Now I'm waiting on geting a Schitt amp in either the Asgard 2 or the hybrid tube amp Lyr from Schiit and they're both very good amps that would work great for the HD600.

Thanks everyone who answered. I guess my budget would be around 300/400 USD. I've basically been scouring the for sale/trade forum looking for something interesting. There's a meet up in Dallas in a month or so that I plan to go to so hopefully I'll find something there that I like. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread