Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 193

post #2881 of 9696

You know this is going to drive me nuts now that I have to wait for stock to come in.  I really want to give this a go right now.  Just let me put my foot on the accelerator now!!  biggrin.gif

post #2882 of 9696

The more I listen to the HD600 the more it grows on me and I'm really loving the SQ and sound signature of them, they're easily one of the best personal listening products I've heard hands down.  The HE-400 is over all technically better but there's just something about the HD600 that makes me tend to like it a bit more.  Its still early so things might change because your always enamored with your new headphone or IEM especially if its this good.  

 

So far they sound great with everything I've thrown at them whether its EDM/electronica, alternative, hard rock/metal and classical so they are for sure a great all arounder as most reviews have stated.

post #2883 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

The more I listen to the HD600 the more it grows on me and I'm really loving the SQ and sound signature of them, they're easily one of the best personal listening products I've heard hands down.  The HE-400 is over all technically better but there's just something about the HD600 that makes me tend to like it a bit more.  Its still early so things might change because your always enamored with your new headphone or IEM especially if its this good.  

 

So far they sound great with everything I've thrown at them whether its EDM/electronica, alternative, hard rock/metal and classical so they are for sure a great all arounder as most reviews have stated.

What you are noticing is neutrality. Neutrality (or at least near-neutrality) is a great thing because it offers transparency to music even if the drivers don't extract the most detail or give the best extension.

post #2884 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

What you are noticing is neutrality. Neutrality (or at least near-neutrality) is a great thing because it offers transparency to music even if the drivers don't extract the most detail or give the best extension.

 

Exactly, they can sound good with many types of music where's I think the HE-400 while is great for EDM might not sound as good with something like classical imo because of the way its tuned and more specifically the tuning of the midrange.

 

I've always been a detail hound pretty much and that's one of the reasons I chose to use IEM's over headphones and I mainly got BA's because of their detail and transparency.  After listening to the HE-400 its about every bit as detailed as most of the IEM's I had and even the top-tier ones.  With the HD600 its more detailed than what I was expecting but not up to the HE-400's resolution yet because of the neutrality and transparency along with the over all sound signature the HD600 is really a quite amazing headphone especially for $310 new which is what I paid for them.

post #2885 of 9696

What I love about the HD600 most is it's like a window to the music.  They are a headphone that still amaze me at times - eg applause during Loreena McKennitt's live performances - listening with closed eyes, and it really feels as though you are actually sitting amongst the crowd - about 3-4 rows back from the stage.  Very realistic.

post #2886 of 9696

Techno, enjoy. Listen especially for the quality of the HD600's sound stage. If I can find a youtube video of Chesky's Explorations in Space and Time, I'll post it here too.

 

post #2887 of 9696

Listen to the second track too, and how organic the bass and mids are. Amazing with this album. It's like the bass growls...

post #2888 of 9696

 

 

Just got a cable made by Head-Fi user cute and I have it say it's fantastic. Really enjoying my HD600s even more now. I think he used one of the cables by Toxic Cables and did a very nice DIY cable for me with cocobolo wood. Not too much of a sound change, but I think there's a slight increase in clarity and vocals are clearer too, although it could be a placebo effect. No matter, just the workmanship and the look of the cable was worth what I paid, and the 6 foot length is perfect for my use.

post #2889 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post

 

 

Just got a cable made by Head-Fi user cute and I have it say it's fantastic. Really enjoying my HD600s even more now. I think he used one of the cables by Toxic Cables and did a very nice DIY cable for me with cocobolo wood. Not too much of a sound change, but I think there's a slight increase in clarity and vocals are clearer too, although it could be a placebo effect. No matter, just the workmanship and the look of the cable was worth what I paid, and the 6 foot length is perfect for my use.

Would you say its cute?

post #2890 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Techno, enjoy. Listen especially for the quality of the HD600's sound stage. If I can find a youtube video of Chesky's Explorations in Space and Time, I'll post it here too.

 

 

 

That's pretty damn cool sounding and the soundstage did sound very nice, I find the soundstage to be larger than what I've read in a lot of reviews, to me it as big as the HE-400's.

post #2891 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Would you say its cute?

 

Well it sure is pretty. biggrin.gif

post #2892 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Techno, enjoy. Listen especially for the quality of the HD600's sound stage. If I can find a youtube video of Chesky's Explorations in Space and Time, I'll post it here too.

 

 

 

woa... i think i just transcended time and space. or just time. or something else for the last 59 minutes.

post #2893 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

 

 

That's pretty damn cool sounding and the soundstage did sound very nice, I find the soundstage to be larger than what I've read in a lot of reviews, to me it as big as the HE-400's.

 

I thought you'd like it.

 

I remember us talking about how great the RE262 was for electronic because of its midrange. Welcome to the better, full-sized version with better bass. biggrin.gif

 

I'm not surprised you find the soundstage similar in size. The HD600's soundstage was, to me, as big as the HE-500, but much more coherent.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/656160/review-hifiman-he-500-vs-sennheiser-hd600

post #2894 of 9696

Yeah the HD600 does have a very coherent soundstage, it reminds me of the SM3's soundstage but much larger.

post #2895 of 9696
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Would you say its cute?

 

Well it sure is pretty. biggrin.gif

But is it cute?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread