Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 165

post #2461 of 8416

I expect they'll be sitting on my head most of this weekend.  I bought a couple 24 bit remastered Marillion cds last weekend and plan on spinning them.

post #2462 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

I expect they'll be sitting on my head most of this weekend.  I bought a couple 24 bit remastered Marillion cds last weekend and plan on spinning them.

Nice, I'm really looking forward to this cable I ordered from Trevor at Norse Audio. Can't wait to get it!

post #2463 of 8416

I'm going to have to get creative with my finances down the road because I'd like to get a nice amp/dac combo.  Heh heh just need a way to slip it by my wife.  wink_face.gif

post #2464 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

I'm going to have to get creative with my finances down the road because I'd like to get a nice amp/dac combo.  Heh heh just need a way to slip it by my wife.  wink_face.gif

 

$200 or so will get a modi/magni; there is a combo selling for less in the for sale thread, at least there was yesterday. 

post #2465 of 8416

Oh I'd love to acquire an amp right now, but my mad money account just took a hit buying these cans.  Thanks for the info though.  "Thinks of things to sell"  biggrin.gif

post #2466 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

Oh I'd love to acquire an amp right now, but my mad money account just took a hit buying these cans.  Thanks for the info though.  "Thinks of things to sell"  biggrin.gif

Are you completely ampless? 

post #2467 of 8416

I have a Cmoy for use with my portables.  It works, but I know I'll be much happier with a real good amp.  I have several home systems that seem to drive them well though.  So I'm not really without in that respect.

post #2468 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

I have a Cmoy for use with my portables.  It works, but I know I'll be much happier with a real good amp.  I have several home systems that seem to drive them well though.  So I'm not really without in that respect.

 

Oh good! I was worried you were driving them straight from an ipod! No worries. You don't have to be in a rush. Really, the HD600 is fairly forgiving regarding amping.

post #2469 of 8416

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with FLAC music on it that sounds not too bad with the Cmoy inline.  My Yamaha receivers do a pretty good job so far.  I'm really interested to hear how these sound with some good burn in.  

post #2470 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with FLAC music on it that sounds not too bad with the Cmoy inline.  My Yamaha receivers do a pretty good job so far.  I'm really interested to hear how these sound with some good burn in.  

In my experience, very similar to how they sound now! :) 

post #2471 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

In my experience, very similar to how they sound now! :) 

this. they do open up a little bit tho and smooth out just a tad wink.gif

post #2472 of 8416

We're expecting a heavy dump of snow this weekend so I'm thinking I'll park my butt in a nice chair, dig up a stack of discs, put these cans on and listen away!

post #2473 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

We're expecting a heavy dump of snow this weekend so I'm thinking I'll park my butt in a nice chair, dig up a stack of discs, put these cans on and listen away!

what's your gear that your using? Amp/dac source etc

post #2474 of 8416

Only a Cmoy.  For portable I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 loaded with FLAC,  a Samsung P2 loaded with lame encoded vbr 256 mp3s, and a Sony D99 1bit discman.  My home systems have Yamaha receivers being fed by Sony Blu-ray players and Pioneer CD players respectively.

post #2475 of 8416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

Only a Cmoy.  For portable I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 loaded with FLAC,  a Samsung P2 loaded with lame encoded vbr 256 mp3s, and a Sony D99 1bit discman.  My home systems have Yamaha receivers being fed by Sony Blu-ray players and Pioneer CD players respectively.

nice nice

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread