I expect they'll be sitting on my head most of this weekend. I bought a couple 24 bit remastered Marillion cds last weekend and plan on spinning them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for comfort/deep over ear phones Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Brown Innovations Virtuoso Amplifier/Active Equalizer / O1198 Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- QUAD PA-One Valve Headphone Amplifier and DAC Last post on 9/16/14 at 8:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice, I'm really looking forward to this cable I ordered from Trevor at Norse Audio. Can't wait to get it!
$200 or so will get a modi/magni; there is a combo selling for less in the for sale thread, at least there was yesterday.
Are you completely ampless?
I have a Cmoy for use with my portables. It works, but I know I'll be much happier with a real good amp. I have several home systems that seem to drive them well though. So I'm not really without in that respect.
Oh good! I was worried you were driving them straight from an ipod! No worries. You don't have to be in a rush. Really, the HD600 is fairly forgiving regarding amping.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with FLAC music on it that sounds not too bad with the Cmoy inline. My Yamaha receivers do a pretty good job so far. I'm really interested to hear how these sound with some good burn in.
In my experience, very similar to how they sound now! :)
what's your gear that your using? Amp/dac source etc
Only a Cmoy. For portable I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 loaded with FLAC, a Samsung P2 loaded with lame encoded vbr 256 mp3s, and a Sony D99 1bit discman. My home systems have Yamaha receivers being fed by Sony Blu-ray players and Pioneer CD players respectively.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 16 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 17 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on the Sony MDR-XB90EX? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Reviewers Wanted: Be One Of The First to Experience the RHA T10i 4 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables - A New Top Class Sounding IEM and Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)