Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 162

post #2416 of 8813

Wonder if a newbie can get some advice on old pair of HD 600s.    I have a very old pair, they have served me faithfully for over 10 years.  Yesterday i lost sound in one channel.  I suspect its a cable issue but hard to tell. Anyway, i was going to swap out cables but the red side appears to be fixed.  Is it possible that this older pair has a non-detachable or fixed cable?  The black side comes out no problem

 

I dont want to force the red side out if its fixed. 

 

On a similar, i enjoy the hd600s very much.  If its not the cable Does anyone have any expereince with senn usa repair services.  The usual question of cost versus worth comes to mind.  Thanks in advance
 

post #2417 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuzz View Post

Wonder if a newbie can get some advice on old pair of HD 600s.    I have a very old pair, they have served me faithfully for over 10 years.  Yesterday i lost sound in one channel.  I suspect its a cable issue but hard to tell. Anyway, i was going to swap out cables but the red side appears to be fixed.  Is it possible that this older pair has a non-detachable or fixed cable?  The black side comes out no problem

 

I dont want to force the red side out if its fixed. 

 

On a similar, i enjoy the hd600s very much.  If its not the cable Does anyone have any expereince with senn usa repair services.  The usual question of cost versus worth comes to mind.  Thanks in advance
 

 

I'd carefully force the cable out. Maybe that is where your problem is... That in itself may tell you if you need a bigger repair. BHPhoto has a HD650 cable (which is actually an upgrade to the HD600 cable) for like $13. I'd do all that before sending it in for a repair! 

post #2418 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post

I find zero difference with or without the grills. Soundstage has never been one of the HD600 standout features.

Download pink noise listen w/o the grills and then simply hold the grills up to the headphones.  I can easily hear a huge difference.  It makes them sound much more natural and wider IMO.  This is super noticeable if you cup your hands right over the drivers.  The grills do the same thing as your hands just to a much lesser extent.

post #2419 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by betelguese05 View Post

I certainly like my HD600's, but I find myself wishing that it had more soundstage. Could it be my DAC/amp? I'm currently using the uDAC-2. I'm considering nabbing a pair of K701's for the increased soundstage (and brightness, which honestly doesn't bother me).


Try another DAC/amp perhaps, when i borrowed udac for a week i've always felt the soundstage is narrow. But yes as slaughter said, soundstage isn't HD600 forte

post #2420 of 8813

I'm expecting to receive my new 600s in a few days.  Does anyone have any recommendations on burn in time and preference on what to play through them?

 

Thanks

Dave

post #2421 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

I'm expecting to receive my new 600s in a few days.  Does anyone have any recommendations on burn in time and preference on what to play through them?

 

Thanks

Dave

 

I know what you mean, but i'm going to be honest: Music. Listen to the songs you love the most for as long as you can. 

post #2422 of 8813

Yeah I think I'd have a hard time not listening during the process.  L3000.gif

post #2423 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

I'm expecting to receive my new 600s in a few days.  Does anyone have any recommendations on burn in time and preference on what to play through them?

 

Thanks

Dave

I've been burning them in with pink noise for like 3-4 days so far

post #2424 of 8813

I also have a Norse Audio "Reign" series cable coming soon and I'll post pics and impressions as soon as I can

post #2425 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco1965 View Post

I'm expecting to receive my new 600s in a few days.  Does anyone have any recommendations on burn in time and preference on what to play through them?

 

Thanks

Dave

Just play any music, around 30-50 hours and it should be settled up

post #2426 of 8813

What's a good amp/dac combo for the HD600 for ~$400?
I'm thinking the Nuforce HDP might synergize well with the HD600? Any better options out there?

post #2427 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

What's a good amp/dac combo for the HD600 for ~$400?
I'm thinking the Nuforce HDP might synergize well with the HD600? Any better options out there?


DACport, Matrix Mini Portable sounds good too. Haven't tried the HDP

post #2428 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

What's a good amp/dac combo for the HD600 for ~$400?

I'm thinking the Nuforce HDP might synergize well with the HD600? Any better options out there?

Don't know if its better or not but I'm using the leckerton mk-II with fantastic results
post #2429 of 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

What's a good amp/dac combo for the HD600 for ~$400?
I'm thinking the Nuforce HDP might synergize well with the HD600? Any better options out there?

 

Here are some additional options for ya:

 

Jds Labs O2 & ODAC combo

 

Schiit Audio Magni & Modi combo

 

Fiio E17 & E09k combo

 

Matrix Audio Cube

 

Audio-GD NFB-15.32, NFB-11.32


Edited by Digital-Pride - 1/6/13 at 5:00am
post #2430 of 8813
Can't say if it is good yet, but I have my HD600s waiting at the UPS pickup facility (closed until Monday) and after a lot of reading, I cancelled my O2 order and ordered a Little Dot MkIII as well as some tubes from eBay after reading the tube thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread