Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 151

post #2251 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post


Not me; it's just making do. Problem with meets is even if there was a spare unit the pads are either too new, too old, or whatever age too used on that day.

 

I'm not to found of meets.  I like blind listening test among just a few knowledgeable folks.

post #2252 of 8499

This thread has made me crave the 600's! ahha I'll be ordering some this week sometime.


So expensive in stores in aus still!
a headphone stand in a melbourne shopping centre which shall remain nameless has them for $699.95

post #2253 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwell7 View Post

This thread has made me crave the 600's! ahha I'll be ordering some this week sometime.


So expensive in stores in aus still!
a headphone stand in a melbourne shopping centre which shall remain nameless has them for $699.95

 

I heard that electronic goods in your country are fairly expensive to begin with basshead.gif

post #2254 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by underhysteria View Post

I heard that electronic goods in your country are fairly expensive to begin with basshead.gif
Yeah they are! Luckily Hong Kong isn't far away and PayPal is forgiving!
They are around $499 in normal stores that stock them, how much are they in stores where you are?
post #2255 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwell7 View Post


Yeah they are! Luckily Hong Kong isn't far away and PayPal is forgiving!
They are around $499 in normal stores that stock them, how much are they in stores where you are?

 

I'm in Singapore where the HD600s are retailing for around 510SGD (~ 400AUD) haha. 

post #2256 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by underhysteria View Post

I'm in Singapore where the HD600s are retailing for around 510SGD (~ 400AUD) haha. 
So cheap! I talked to a guy I sort of know in an audio store here and he said it costs the store $385 just to get them in haha
post #2257 of 8499

So I got hold of a pair of 580s not too long ago.... I don't think I have taken them off yet. They're just so comfy and the sound is incredible.

post #2258 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwell7 View Post


So cheap! I talked to a guy I sort of know in an audio store here and he said it costs the store $385 just to get them in haha

 

Hi HKer welcome to Australia!

post #2259 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Hi HKer welcome to Australia!
Haha I'm not exactly sure what you mean?
Are you from Aus aswell?
Haha I just think its funny that I can get them from Asia delivered for $290 and the stores have to pay an extra $100
post #2260 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwell7 View Post


Haha I'm not exactly sure what you mean?
Are you from Aus aswell?
Haha I just think its funny that I can get them from Asia delivered for $290 and the stores have to pay an extra $100

 

I mean I am made in HK but currently in Aus lol. Why don't you look in the For Sale section? I see at least one pair of HD600 going at 250 or 200 shipped to AUS, and a few HD580s as well.

post #2261 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

I mean I am made in HK but currently in Aus lol. Why don't you look in the For Sale section? I see at least one pair of HD600 going at 250 or 200 shipped to AUS, and a few HD580s as well.
Oh welcome to Aus! Haha how are you liking it? I think I'll just get a new one for the extra $40 smily_headphones1.gif thanks for your help though
post #2262 of 8499

Hi, first post!  I've been reading the forums a lot doing research however.  My HD 600s arrived today, I was interested in the model for its reputation of being very neutral and sounding good with everything, as well as liking the Sennheiser sound signature in general.  I demoed a pair and liked what I heard as well.  My dac/amp won't be here for a week (went with e7+e9), but I wasn't about to leave these babies sitting around for that long, so I decided to get started burning them in the natural way.

 

Initally I pretty much thought they would spit poison at my ears for the heresy of listening to them unamped and not burned in.  My previous cans are a pair of Sennheiser HD 280s and Grado SR 60is, so I was initially pleased to find that that these are more revealing than either, I went through the whole experience of hearing things I never knew were in my music, again.  As I listened to a song or two from as many different albums as I could think of, I found that with every album I listen to it's as if I'm rolling a die, and the sound quality can end up anywhere from a 1-6.  Two albums of the same genre can sound vastly different, two albums that I know for a fact sound great can as well.  One rolls a 1, the other a 6 (I do get a lot of 2-5 as well).  I understand it's natural during burnin and especially without an amp - I'm not upset, I just find it humorous.  Bad teenpop could potentially sound amazing at this point (though I won't be finding out).


Then I put in Nils Lofgren's acoustic album, and it changed the die to a 12-sider which rolled a 12, I actually cried!  It was so unexpected, so completely out of nowhere.  In that moment I was sold, it absolutely blew away anything I've ever heard through a set of headphones.  I'm shivering to think of what amplification and burnin will do.  And I'm certain that the albums which don't currently sound good will come around, hehe.

post #2263 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabinoid View Post

Hi, first post!  I've been reading the forums a lot doing research however.  My HD 600s arrived today, I was interested in the model for its reputation of being very neutral and sounding good with everything, as well as liking the Sennheiser sound signature in general.  I demoed a pair and liked what I heard as well.  My dac/amp won't be here for a week (went with e7+e9), but I wasn't about to leave these babies sitting around for that long, so I decided to get started burning them in the natural way.

 

Initally I pretty much thought they would spit poison at my ears for the heresy of listening to them unamped and not burned in.  My previous cans are a pair of Sennheiser HD 280s and Grado SR 60is, so I was initially pleased to find that that these are more revealing than either, I went through the whole experience of hearing things I never knew were in my music, again.  As I listened to a song or two from as many different albums as I could think of, I found that with every album I listen to it's as if I'm rolling a die, and the sound quality can end up anywhere from a 1-6.  Two albums of the same genre can sound vastly different, two albums that I know for a fact sound great can as well.  One rolls a 1, the other a 6 (I do get a lot of 2-5 as well).  I understand it's natural during burnin and especially without an amp - I'm not upset, I just find it humorous.  Bad teenpop could potentially sound amazing at this point (though I won't be finding out).


Then I put in Nils Lofgren's acoustic album, and it changed the die to a 12-sider which rolled a 12, I actually cried!  It was so unexpected, so completely out of nowhere.  In that moment I was sold, it absolutely blew away anything I've ever heard through a set of headphones.  I'm shivering to think of what amplification and burnin will do.  And I'm certain that the albums which don't currently sound good will come around, hehe.

 

    the bad news is that you will cry so much often..hehe

 

    I cried when i listen to cassadee pope song -over you . this baby able to deliver the singer emotion

post #2264 of 8499

Great first post! Welcome to Head-Fi  The 600s are definitely something special.

post #2265 of 8499
Just bit the bullet and ordered a pair smily_headphones1.gif
Will give impressions when they arrive,
very excited haha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread